Thread: Gold Sellers

Player
    Character
    Imoen Orunitia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I'm going to chime in on this because it is starting to get on my nerves even more now....

I have filled my 200/200 blacklist multiple times now in just the past 2 weeks on hyperion...

I have gone through and removed any of those 200 which have been deleted...

it filled back up...

I have no more "deleted" names to remove from the list and I can not delete any more.

The worst part about this? I have legitimate players (not gil sellers) blacklisted of which I would like to remain blacklisted however in the pool of names it is hard to sort out...

We need a spam list separate from blacklist that reports and ignores them all in one swipe and doesn't fill. The blacklist should be used for blocking players that you have had a bad time with or don't get a long with and don't want to play with again. (that is my 2cents)

It is starting to become a daily chore on the players part to remove names so they can add more, just to remove more the next day etc....
    (5)
    Last edited by Imoen; 03-28-2015 at 03:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kai' Sa
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 75
    Whats even worse is that the support system is now broken, the support icon keeps flashing, it wont go away and is super annoying! I bet people dont report as much now, so the gil sellers will trive much better
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vili Ragnarok
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I can't even send in a ticket. Wont let me type anything in and it looks like the submit/send button is blank.
    How hard is it to hire some people and sit around in some zones and move around and ban the entire account when they get an RMT /tell.
    Just sitting in my mog house room, and I /blisted three characters each with the same exact line of text within 15 minutes.
    Over the past month or so I feel it has gotten worse and worse. They need to make it so you can't send a /tell till you are lvl10, if not lvl15...

Player
    Character
    Yuuhi Hieda
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    The RMT spam got so excessively annoying to the point that whenever I get online, the first thing I do is type /busy. But that also blocks me from getting party invites from my FC or anything else in that matter. So my only option was to remove whisper chat alltogether and disable whisper notifications. Sure, legit people will now probably wonder why I never respond to their whispers, but I already warn in the Search Info that my whispers are off and they should party invite me whenever they have business with me. It's still not a good way to fight these RMT bots, but in all honesty it's all I can do right now. Square doesn't seem to know how to effectively fight them and there's only so much a player can do to fight them.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Cael'ureos Heavenscar
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 20
    I'll repeat something that I told on another post about this:

If you check the information/general on the forum you may be able to see that they actually are taking actions against it.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-%28Mar.-26%29

It has been doing for months, one year to be exact. But there is no solution and yet no changing for the actions taken against it.

So we conclude that ban or blocking bots won't stop the source to keep creating more bots.

But if the source wouldn't be able to create more bots or if the source didn't even exist in the first place. We wouldn't talk about this today...
    (1)
    "The world is very different for those who cannot see beyond what is placed before their very eyes."

Player
    Character
    Qt Melon
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    My solution was to stop playing the game and start playing Bloodborne. I doubt this next patch will do anything but one can hope. It's a shame that so much spam has driven me to take a break from a game I really enjoyed.
    (2)

7. 03-31-2015 12:14 PM

Player
    Character
    Faelandaea Dravin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 58
    I just had a first hand experience of RMT harassment tonight outside of the chat harassment. So I was leveling my Chocobo in North Than while at the same time snagging some joints/plates from Vanguards. All of a sudden I saw my target turn "claimed" by someone besides me. Panned around . . . no one there. Panned back to my target . . . and at it's feet are a bunch of blue names. To make matters worse, these name tags followed me on my entire route, attacking everything I attacked.

Fortunately I was on my Bard, and when i came to the realization that this was a full group of Black Mages under the world teleporting to my mobs, I just decided to be quicker on my pulls. The bots were using typical BLM long casts, so as long as I tagged the mobs first, I got credit and I got the loot. But I thought they fixed it so that bots can't teleport any more. Every mob I attacked in the area, they literally just popped right to the target, stacked ON the target (okay stacked UNDER the target) and attacked it. Granted it made my farming go a bit faster and I got my Chocobo to 10 . . . but . . . still . . .
    (1)
    http://faelandaea.com/technology/ - My computer specs - LOW END MACHINE!!! High end machine coming soon.

Player
    Character
    Eden Marie
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    I normally wouldn't chime in about something like this but I must say the gold spam is completely out of control. I'm really surprised SE hasn't addressed it in a more serious and urgent way. It's directly impacting people's ability to play the game. When 95% of your friends are set to busy status to avoid gold spam and friend requests you can't communicate with each other to make groups or organize things or just plain socialize. It's honestly to the point that I think some people might actually not play this game anymore.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cael'ureos Heavenscar
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 20
    Hum...

It seems that our words are failing to reach those who are allowing this to happen.

A prayer itself cannot change a crucial fact like this. We can sit here and say the same thoughts about a problem that is not being solved for one year now... Or we can share the same will to do something about this with our own hands.
    (1)
    "The world is very different for those who cannot see beyond what is placed before their very eyes."

Player
    Character
    Zefis Shadowsea
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 60
    All those here who are fed up with RMTs, I encourage you to read my thread and sign.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-RMT-situation.
    (2)

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast