Thread: Gold Sellers

Player
    Character
    Lorelai Starphel
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 46
    please don't ask for the entirely not use shouts....i got some of my best info/found my FC from doing that at low level...........hell there are only 3 main towns...how hard is it for someone from SE to stand in each town for 5 min and ban IP's......when I can stand there and port in and find the ##@#hole doing it.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Professor Jojo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I just want to comment on the problem by addressing the positive. Let's all be happy that with this release a major problem just consists of chat. Something hindering boss fights, dungeons, FATEs would be even worse. I know it's an inconvenience to have to block them the hard way but as we all know this game just came out and has its wrinkles. Give them time because with the amount of money being pumped into their pockets for how successful this game is and is going to continue to be, problems like this wont persist very long. Just keep in mind a bit of patience because they are working on these problems.

Now i understand RMT are a big issue because of how it destabilizes an in-game economy but we all know (or those of us who reach end game content) that it doesn't matter how much you buy because if a person farms enough and grinds enough they can get the same thing legitimately and that provides so much more appreciation for ones character. So lets give them time to fix the bugs instead of trial and error with shutting down the game back to back and causing players to grow furious. We all know we don't want that. So again on behalf of many amazing things about this game, have patience and just ignore the issue after letting them know its present because pests only get swatted not properly addressed.

Thanks Professor JoJo
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kisa Kisa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 84
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmanway View Post
    Here's how they could fix it:

Newly created account characters or accounts:
    -Can't use shouts or yells until lv 10.
    -Cool down on global chats.

Hacked Accounts:
    -Report and ignore option added when you click/target on a name in chat.
    -30 reports will mute them permanently and send a report to square enix to investigate.
    (Judge debuff)

Strike their business:
    -Put a gold transfer cap in mails and trades.
    The can't use shouts or yells doesn't need to be set that way. Otherwise newbies won't be able to use it either. The cooldown, yes that will work, but so would a rate limiter (>90wpm) The shouts/yells ability needs to be triggered by something with more substance, a level cap is meaningless to a bot who will just grind past it anyway and it does nothing for hacked accounts.

The developers need to throw a language-strip regex into the input buffers. If the game client is in english, and set to english, strip all non-english characters except for the emoji used by Japanese users. Half the stuff I report either has greek or other accented characters that aren't used in French or German, and mostly consist of fullwidth (japanese) roman characters interspersed with halfwidth/normal sized ones. But this is just a monkey wrench where we need a bulldozer. Throw error 90000 at game clients that are exceeding 90wpm, and be done with it. Also use a buffer dupe check by checking for the string to be at least 60% different from the last 5 things said. This would be far more efficient (throttle+duplicate word test) than simply trying to block 90000 variations of O's

As for killing their business. Just prevent one-sided/uneven trades and limit Gil transfers to 10000gil/day per level acquired. It's not that hard to 95% percentile check the current market to see if someone is making uneven trades.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Falco Lombardi
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 20
    I am enjoying the game but the gold selling spam is getting too much!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Teiz Rue
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 47
    Quote Originally Posted by KisaiTenshi View Post
    As for killing their business. Just prevent one-sided/uneven trades and limit Gil transfers to 10000gil/day per level acquired. It's not that hard to 95% percentile check the current market to see if someone is making uneven trades.
    ^ I've seen this executed successfully in other MMO's. It wouldn't "kill" their business but would hamper it significantly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Radius Braveheart
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    The problem is, they aren't doing the gil by trades or mail. They are using the market boards.. Just look at the Allagan pieces, some of them sell for 25k??? That is how they are transfering gil to the players.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ysari Tyrant
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I was grinding out Garuda HM for 2 days finally beat it and my relic quest was gone (I didn't abandon it, it just vanished) thats alot of time and gill invested, and Sqenix doesn't seem to care at all, I put in a ticket and they told me to post here, good thing i'm still on free play so i dont acctually have to spend money on this broken game with shitty support!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dark Wind
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Also think CS representatives actually joining worlds and banning on sight is the right way. You don't have to perform a lengthy investigation if you spot someone teleporting around or continously spamming RMT advertisements in chat. Just shut them off right away - No questions asked. Hacked accounts can be reviewed post banning. Makes no sense whatsoever to let people keep commiting abuse while they are "on trial".

I got really happy when I read the recent patch notes stating accounts had been banned and anti cheat measures had been implemented. Happened to log out in Thanalan before the servers shut down, and when I logged in, I was met by the same armada of teleporting miners and Aldgoat killbots I've seen since there for weeks. And naturally was greeted by an RMT advertisement tell, and a bit later on, found they've now started their shout spam outside the main cities as well.

I really like the game, and I'll keep playing. However, while patient, it's getting on my nerves how rampant this is. Even ordinary players have started botting, guessing since they feel nothing is being done about it anyway - 5 cases of these I've seen over the last 3 days. For example, a well invested level 50 grindbotting stags at Quarrymill on his level 20 alt class just for XP over night - How senseless is that? When approaching their FC, they state they are not hacked, they know them well, they posted on the forums just this night (trying to sell the ores they botted) and whatnot. In most cases, they aren't even removed from their FC after word with officers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kisa Kisa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 84
    How many bots have I reported (today)? at least 10
    How many bots have I not yet seen today? 2. The botanist bots I have to actually listen for since they're underground most of the time.

I have seen some patterns and am trying to gather more evidence to make finding them easier. So far the powerleveling bots I saw earlier went from Central Thanalan to Western Thanalan and then I lost them when they hit level 10.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nova Ultimatum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KisaiTenshi View Post
    If you were to limit gil trades, you'd also need to limit the amount you can sell cheap items on the Market. It was done a lot in FFXI where you would see items worth a couple of gil being sold for millions as a transfer service for the RMTs. (the AH tax wasn't enough for them to care)
    (0)

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast