Player
    Character
    Jomad Graem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by einwol View Post
    Level restriction on shouts is a great idea!!! how about a timer on how often you can shout?
    except it won't work on people who got their account hacked.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amilherix Herix
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Wow... The gold spammers are annoying but I"m not about to cancel my subscription because of it. I'm adopting a blist > report > patience method. The spammers were great for a week or two (I saw NONE), and they're back in a drove. They must hack a bunch and repeat. Just do what SE asked and report them, and be patient.
    I do wish they have a simpler tool to report though.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Yloise Dolet
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 44
    Its not fun to play in the game when I get whispers out of the blue. I wish there was a way to not be 'player searched'.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Castillan Lionheart
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    There are queues to get into Zalera, but sitting in the Weaver's Guild in Ul'Dah and crafting, and you can see about 15 gold-selling spam bots doing their port-in/shout/port-out thing, and that's just one city map area alone.

Repeat that for all city map areas, and multiple by the number of gold sellers stacking up, and we're probably talking about 100 or so game-world play spots that could be filled with legitimate players, as opposed to spam bots.

I've been watching the same spam-bot toon in action now for about 10 days now, with no intervention by administrators. There are even players leaving the game due to excessive gold seller spam.

Seriously, something needs to be done. It really can't be that hard to have an admin go through the various worlds and various areas, and start banning accounts? It's not like these guys are hiding or anything. Why isn't anything being done?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ruhan Coden
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    After a month of blacklisting and reporting, I just said to hell with it, emptied my blacklist and turned off /shout, /yell, and /tell (also the sound that plays when a tell is sent you). Besides, the free company and relic crafting spam was getting a bit annoying as well.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Furking Bustar
    World
    Tiamat
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 13
    i wish i could post and complain lol

hey i can post already after 1 month of waiting for them to activate my forum accnt.

anyway i experienced something worst ppl are actually sending me tell abt what they're selling. so irritating.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Saarah Venwrath
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 31
    actually if you look closely the sellers are adapting to the anti-spam methods. The ending of their shouts now have A3089 a38y9c and such, counting in random numerals and digets to prevent "spam detection" as the message is "not exactly the same"

What really needs to happen is 1 GM on each server patrolling the main cities and flat-out Banning these accounts instantly. Would only take a few hours a day, and would only need 1 GM per server (or in rotation even) to seriously cut down and eliminate the problem.

I have spammers from day 1 blacklisted - still existing today. This is the real problem.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Exidious Hiighborn
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I on a daily add atleast 10 players to blocked for gold spamming, whispering. Its sad really. I started mining, and omg its even worst. They are not even trying to hide it. They teleport to active nodes that pop on mini map, they teleport underground sometimes, and they are there for days (Yes I've reported them). Its just sad how they are running wild.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jomad Graem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Here's how they could fix it:

Newly created account characters or accounts:
    -Can't use shouts or yells until lv 10.
    -Cool down on global chats.

Hacked Accounts:
    -Report and ignore option added when you click/target on a name in chat.
    -30 reports will mute them permanently and send a report to square enix to investigate.
    (Judge debuff)

Strike their business:
    -Put a gold transfer cap in mails and trades.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Lorelai Starphel
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 46
    I currently sent an in-game ticket with a list of the 92 gil spammers that I had. I'm sorry I transferred over here from warcraft to enjoy myself, not to have to deal with an onslaught of assholes that were not only taking up the regular chat but whispering me. Please for the love of god let me just right click report those idiots to make my experience a heck of alot better.
    (3)

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast