Thread: Gold Sellers

Player
    Character
    Katrina Von-gabrone
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    It's not just those bots Richard, it's the gathering bots everywhere too. Literally everywhere, I've reported the same one five times, nothing happens, it's still there, botting away happily. Go to the Atheryte in Uldah, and you'll see 1-10 BLM bots standing there, with weird names that end in C, F, or R. Go to Copperbell mine entrance, and you'll often see BLM bots in a loop there, and in the area around it. Go to ANY of the BLM quest spots, and you'll find the bots. SE just can't seem to do that. It's a great game, but holy crap, they put in zero effort to stopping the bots. Zero.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jentaru Stalk
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    the fact that this has been going on since 2013 and square enix has done nothing to stop this means that they are in fact either incompetent at running their own games and only interested in money. which is part of the reason square enix fails at its games. or they just lack basic knowledge of how to deal with things. there are numerous ways they can stop gil sellers. and sellers in general but to be told "We understand that it is frustrating to have these types of advertisements sent to you. Since RMT can be disruptive both to chat and to the ability to enjoy the game. Unfortunately, due to the number of reports that we have received about this customer, a personal response is not possible at this time. Our efforts are being focused on investigating this advertiser, and preventing them from continuing to advertise in the game." what investigation are you doing? you fail to give your players ANYTHING to show you are investigating when you still haven't done anything for going on 2 years now.... that is pathetic and honestly needs to have people fired. and new help hired. to a player on the outside it seems like it is square enix that is doing the gil selling which if that is the case just make it accessible that way. you don't condone cheating because you have not proven anything that says otherwise. you can easily hire players in game that while they are playing suspend accounts for further investigation by actual employee's for gil selling. but no you don't bother to look at that avenue. here i am alomost 200 players on blacklist and you don't have any function to remove players already banned. or kicked for cheating. 200 characters.... how about getting off your lazy behinds do some actual work and get it done donot come out with new content till you get this resolved because you will loose more players to gil sellers than you will bring in for content.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Quetta Tessel
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Wanted to post here to say that it seems like the last few days I've had many more gil sellers contacting me than normal. I would just blacklist them and not complain about it but my blacklist has been full for months, and every time a new gil seller contacts me I have to take a gamble and take someone old off of my blacklist, hoping that they're no longer active.

If nothing can truly be done about gil sellers in a timely matter, I feel like it shouldn't be that hard to just increase (or remove, honestly) the upper limit of blacklisted users. I would really appreciate it!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Melondra Lorena
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    They need to do what has been done in FFXI for years massive banning across all servers on a weekly bases. FFXI one-line has drastically cut down and almost eliminated rmt they did this by doing massive banning weekly across all servers.
    (1)

Character
    Dererk Titan
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    The fact that there are a lit of low level bots means SE is doing its job things wer a little quiet before December.

Also remember its not fully the bots fault too its the people who do buy from them and thusly giving them a reason to keep doing it.

Make the pledge to not buy gil people only real way to win agents them.
    (2)
    Last edited by Dererk; 01-29-2015 at 12:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Renegade Royal
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 15
    Why cant we simply right click in game and select report RMT. Your should be able to automatically silent the person reported for the person that reported the RMT spam. Your logging system should then capture the full text of the message that caused the report. If you then get x reports in a given time frame that match the message the person gets auto banned.

Why do I have to manually report this over and over again since the game launched. It is why I quit after 3 months and after being back for a week it is getting on my nerves again. It is crazy that this has not been solved or made easier on the player base after such a long time.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Katrina Von-gabrone
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    They're all from the same three or four websites. I've reported them all, and it does no good. Same stuff, every day, same bots everywhere. I get mass-spammed by them every day, same stupid websites. Dunno why SE can't take legal action against them and shut them down? Or like everyone else has suggested, adding level limits to shouts/tells.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jentaru Stalk
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Because to me it seems like SE doesn't want to look at ways to fix things just keep it where there are more and more annoying people. having a function where you get reported you get a temp ban for a day. you get reported again after lets say 7 days you get a month ban. get reported again for it you get a terminated. but SE from what i see doesn't do anything of the sort. i watched players do it over and over again. there is no way to tell if they are all on the same account or not. but the fact that they are persistent and over 200 means there is at least 2-5 accounts... and the fact that they don't auto remove themselves from your black list if they either delete the character or anything means SE has other issues they need to address. to me you loose money not addressing that. once again SE needs to make a stand or don't bother having rules. investigating should not take months. should take at most 2 days one day to gather information and look at the account the other. to delete the account. to me it seems like SE is lazy and being a cheap scape.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Faelandaea Dravin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 58
    I had one bot take it to a whole new level the other day. I mean, what i posted before I thought was serious, but this really topped that. So a bot added me as a friend. This one actually didn't send me a tell. it just added me. As usual, level 1 in Ul'Dah (is it me or is Ul'Dah the capital for these bots?). I clicked "no" and then did the decline for the friend invite. But before i could even click again to blacklist, BAM! Re-added. This happened 10 times in a row. i literally couldn't blacklist this bastard. Finally I just left the invite in limbo until i saw the bot log off and then did the blacklisting.

Someone replied to me a couple pages back with a macro for blacklisting/declining, but since this bot didn;t send me a /tell, this method rendered me powerless until it logged off. So . . . what? Are the bots now programmed to spam harass our friend list and hope, "Hey they'll eventually click "Yes" so we can send them mails?" They have another thing coming. I'll just leave the bloody thing sit until it logs off. The only annoying part about that is the constant button on the screen that keeps having me look over like, "Oh loot roll! Oh wait, it's just that bot"
    (0)
    http://faelandaea.com/technology/ - My computer specs - LOW END MACHINE!!! High end machine coming soon.

Player
    Character
    Razai Sylvain
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 58
    I'm going to keep saying this as it is very important to this issue.

There are people that will buy gil and that will not be stopped, so by begging people to stop buying gil is not the solution to RMT disturbing people who are not interested in buying gil. I honestly don't give a rats ass about someone else buying gil per se, but what I do mind is them (the RMT bots) plaguing me with their spam of friends/linkshell(this one was new happened just yesterday)/tell/shout spam when I just want to be left the hell alone. If SE would do two things for me to handle this type of harassment, I would love life in FF14 THAT much better. They are as follows:

ALLOW USERS TO BLACKLIST THE ACCOUNT OF THE PERSON SPAMMING THEM

&

MAKE FRIEND INVITES EASIER TO ACCEPT AND REJECT

With them allowing users to block the account, it would allow SO MUCH more room on our blacklist and hit the spammer at their core, while giving us a little peace of mind. The second option where you have to preselect something then go to the list to reject/accept again is BS anyway. It's not Duty Finder where you have to wait 50 minutes again to accept or resend a friend request. Allow me to just say yes or no one time.

Make this happen PUHLEASE!
    (1)
    Last edited by Zedd702; 01-30-2015 at 02:36 AM.

Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast