Player
    Character
    Nasibihc Tigerstone
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 60

Making FATE's a bit more interesting.

Participating multiple times on a FATE doesn't feel that rewarding. I have now done over 200 FATE's, probably getting the 300 achievement soon, grinding a few specific FATE's over and over again and yeah it kinda got a bit boring. Well now that I've actually joined a GC I will get marks for participation, which then leads me into getting gear from the GC vendors, but it's not fun and it feels more like a grind when the reward is just that and exp + little money.

What FATE's need are random rewards, something that keeps even the higher levels interested in joining them and syncing their level for it, so not just dropping "gear" that's appropriate for the level, although even that would be a good add. But something like:

- Well, the gear idea I mentioned above in sync with the level of the FATE, for example, lvl 10 FATE drops something nice and random for level 10 characters.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nasibihc Tigerstone
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 60
    - Rewarded minions, like the Lazy Ochu FATE in Gridania, but not a 100% catch for gold participation, keeps people interested in trying to actually get it)

- Crafting recipes for completing a specific type of FATE that kinda has a story for it.

- Questlines that actually require you to do a certain FATE, a certain standing for things if you do FATE's in an area that gives you kind of reputation for the npc's that are habituating the area

- Adding a few "RARE"-marked FATE's that hold greater rewards that don't show up too often.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nasibihc Tigerstone
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 60
    - FATE's that actually if left unchallenged, have an impact on an area, for example, Old Maid and the coeurls that attack, if they attack and nobody bats an eye, they will trash the city making the vendors/quests etc unavailable in that area. Maybe a complete city with this idea in the future? Having constant FATE attacks of incoming monsters that try to conquer an area, kind of like umm.. what was it in ffxi? with the monsters attacking the city and everything, kinda like that one!

There are multiple ways of adding interest in doing them, without them feeling like a grind and only just for exp, every bit of variation adds to the overall image and feel of the game cause FATE's are something that occupy a big deal of an area and are there in front of you when you are questing and exploring the world.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nasibihc Tigerstone
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 60
    The things mentioned above in combination with adding a bit more challenge to important FATE's that won't make them too easy would be a great addition to the system at the moment, it'd also spark the interest in actually looking for all the fates around the world to complete, maybe even adding in an achievement on how many different types of FATE's you have completed all in all, not just "specific" ones like "Old Maid" or "Curtain Call" or the others like them that hold a single achievement for completion.

Anyways.. that was just a couple of thoughts and ideas regarding FATE's, feel free to like my comment if you like it! every thumbs up gives a chance for at least some of the ideas to have a chance to be noticed by the devs.

Any thoughts/comments/suggestions/criticism, are all welcome! (ps. sorry for the many posts, I think the character limitation thing is ridiculous)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eco Volare
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    FATE's don't need to give more rewards IMO. They are already far and away the best way to level (as far as speed goes). They are (as far as I know) the best way to get GC seals as well. People are flying through the levels grinding FATE quests. If you ask me they need to nerf FATE XP or seal gains. I realize you want some sort of incentive for endlessly grinding the same FATE quests but they already give plenty of rewards for doing so.

As far as making them more difficult or scaling with the amount of people that are doing the quest, I would be all for that. Having 50+ people hitting mobs that die so fast I can't even get a cast off is not my idea of fun.
    (0)
    Last edited by Onnslaught; 09-04-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tari Falhs
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Some of this stuff exists at higher levels. Odin and Behemoth FATEs are both rare and difficult (for now), and I believe a couple FATEs make certain areas change from friendly NPC controlled locations into hostile mob controlled locations.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luda Kusunoki
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    FATES is the new way to exp. exp is your reward. Bonus that you get items here and there, seals/gil too.

Of course it's going to get boring if you are using FATES as your sole means of leveling up. Anything you do will feel the same, what's good is that there is some variation in which way people can choose to level.

Hoping EXP parties make a return soon, not had a single invite in 3 days of putting my flag up for it. Maybe i just need to stop being lazy and make one myself
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tari Falhs
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Luda View Post
    Hoping EXP parties make a return soon, not had a single invite in 3 days of putting my flag up for it. Maybe i just need to stop being lazy and make one myself
    I'm hoping they'll make a comeback, as well.

I did try doing some EXP party grinding, but the EXP we were getting from killing stuff 5 to 7 levels higher than us was pretty minimal. It would've been infinitely more efficient to just run from FATE to FATE hitting something once or twice.

That said, we were only a 3-man party, so it might be better with more players? I have my doubts, though.

Edit: Some folks have reported success leveling quickly with EXP parties, so I'm going to assume it was just a failed attempt on my end.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tari-F; 09-04-2013 at 03:39 PM.