Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80

Heavy Armor + robes and /showhelm

Can we get an eta of when we will finally being able to hide the helm of heavy armor and pull down the hood of robes (or pull them up in the case of WHM robe).

I like the look of the REST of heavy armor, but I hate the head and how you look retarded as hell when you are fighting or running.

Should have known to add this too. Heavy Armor I refer to are 2 piece items that take both the chest and head slot, not allowing you to equip a seperate helm. The same thing is with cowls, and the tho the WHM robe is one item, the hood cannot be put up. These helm on heavy armor and cowls cannot be hidden.

note: Please no one come in and mention the upcomming vanity system. Know about it, dont care.
    (2)
    Last edited by Reika; 09-04-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Player
    Character
    Patricia Nirvana
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    +1 to this. Always wondered why though when you wear a heavy robe you are unable to put things like glasses on.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luclin Solusekro
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    So are you asking if there is a button to enable and disable your head armor from actually appearing? So for I instance I have a helm on and I which to continue having it on armor wise but appearance wise does not show it? If this is what you mean then its been in the game from the start. press C or go to your character armory area. A right under the button you press to change class/jobs there are three buttons. One of those buttons looks like a hat. This button will disable and enable you to (appearance wise) to put it on or off.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dj Pushpower
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by SolusekRo View Post
    So are you asking if there is a button to enable and disable your head armor from actually appearing? So for I instance I have a helm on and I which to continue having it on armor wise but appearance wise does not show it? If this is what you mean then its been in the game from the start. press C or go to your character armory area. A right under the button you press to change class/jobs there are three buttons. One of those buttons looks like a hat. This button will disable and enable you to (appearance wise) to put it on or off.
    No, what the OP is referring to is heavy armors and hooded robes that take up both the chest and head slot. The head portions of these are shown (or, in the case of some, not shown) whether or not you have show helm ticked or not.

I agree. I like the look of heavy armor, but that helm... is atrocious, especially on Miqo'te.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Naria Starcatcher
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    If I recall correctly from the beta forums, they said that they had no plans to implement being able to change the hoods of robes.
    (1)