Character
    Simos Ifi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 87

Titan - holding agro as tank

Hello all,
    I'm a paladin tank and i have about 5500HP.

At titan i have a small problem and i want to know what i'm doing wrong.
    At a certain amount of time when titan launches and drops into the ground (i think it's a phase transition) the raid is getting a lot of damage so healers do their best to keep us alive.

At that time, one of the healers almost steals agro , is very close or actually steals aggro of me !!

I keep spaming my FLASH/COMBO/CIRCLEAOE/PROVOKE all the time, i really have nothing else to give me more aggro.

What am i doing wrong and they get aggro ?

Now- to add something, one time i saved my PROVOKE and the moment he stole aggro and the healer had full aggro bar - i provoked and used my combo directly after that. Suddently i saw the healers aggro dropping to half bar!!!

So question is - provoke+combo gets a good amount of the healers aggro back or he healer (whm) did something and he dropped his agro?

Any replies would be really helpfull!
    (0)

Character
    Vamperica Garisk
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    You should pretty much never use Flash on Titan. It is not required on the fight, ever.
    Provoke should never be used unless you lose aggro on your target (which should be never).
    WHM also has aggro drop ability known as Shroud of Saints, which reduces their threat.

It sounds like you are losing aggro to a healer casting Medica/Medica II, which just should not happen if you're using your abilities correctly. Also, it might be related to the current weapon you're using, but it just sounds like your rotation needs work (you should be fine even with just Ifrit wpn)

Pop Fight or Flight, Blood Bath
    Use/repeat Fast - Savage - Rage of Halone combo
    Circle of Scorn and Spirits Within should always be on cooldown this fight.
    Never use Shield Swipe.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Simos Ifi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 87
    Thank you for the answer.

I didnt typed everything cuz of hte character limit, but yes i have garuda weapon and my first attempts didn use provoke or flash in my rotation. Later i tried this as well.

I uses FoF and combo.
    So is it ok if i ask the healer use Shroud of Saints after the big heals phase change?
    (0)

Character
    Leo Strut
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Titan is a fight where healers have to be very careful on their threat management (specifically WHMs). HoTs, such as Medica 2 and Regen, still cause threat even when the person is at max HP. That means casting something like Medica 2 for an early Tumult that isn't going to do that much damage is generally a bad idea, because you're going to get massive amounts of threat for a small amount of healing. Additionally, they NEED to be using Shroud whenever possible.

I can't say it's not your rotation, seeing as I haven't played with you, but more often than not I find it's the WHM not paying attention to threat and just overhealing.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Miss Fortune
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Archona View Post
    You should pretty much never use Flash on Titan. It is not required on the fight, ever.
    Well that's not exactly true - when you put a blind status on Titan he has a chance to miss with Mountain Buster from what I've read.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yslera Ravshana
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I also agree that Flash is fine and should be used in Titan. It reduces the strain on your TP and may help with some of Titan's abilities, so toss one in every now and then. If you go the whole fight with only rage combo, you can drop low on TP.

As others said, there's nothing you can do to out threat a white mage. They should try to use the right level of healing to keep their threat down, but it will probably still build up. Eventually they should use shroud to drop them to half, at which point threat shouldn't be much of a problem for quite a while, if at all.

Also, once you have a large lead in threat, there's really no reason not to throw in a shield swipe or fracture or some other dps skill. (Shield Swipe in particular is TP efficient.)

Use a Fight or Flight and Bloodbath at the beginning of the battle, then use another one at the beginning of the Heart. The extra damage and healing will help you generate threat at the beginning.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jarlax Gennocide
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Simos View Post
    Thank you for the answer.

I didnt typed everything cuz of hte character limit, but yes i have garuda weapon and my first attempts didn use provoke or flash in my rotation. Later i tried this as well.

I uses FoF and combo.
    So is it ok if i ask the healer use Shroud of Saints after the big heals phase change?
    It would be hard to save it. Shroud is also the WHM only mana regen ability. We tend to use it when we hit 75% MP so we don't run out of MP. Not saying its not worth trying but your WHM may say no they need it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pied Piper
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Jarlax: As long as its beign used on cool down, shroud will still reduce enmity by enough.

OP: Provke doesn't built enmity if you currently have it, and flash is less enmity/global cool down than rage of halone combo.

The only non roh gcd skill you should use is shield swipe to preserve your tp and up your deepz. If you have a big enmity lead you can also use fracture every other combo to up your deepz.

Should you run completely out of tp, I suggest you then spam flash for a while while you regen tp, but that will likely come rather late int he fight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vektrat Pirineu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    As long as you're using skills correctly, it's a party issue (not yours, not like Titan is a tank fight).

In Titan, the party should take ZERO damage disregarding the Tumults, which means, only you should need heals before the first two tumults.

The first two tumults, as someone stated, can be easily healed by non-Medica II spells (huge threat generation).

If they healers heal as they should, and the party doesn't take unnecessary damage, you'll be fine.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soraan Lutece
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    As a WHM, you should not be using Medica II in the first half of the fight. It just isn't required - most of the HoT would be overhealing (but still giving high threat). Medica II is a great tool, but only when used properly (since it has such high threat). Tell your WHMs to use Medica I (and Divine Seal it after Titan jumps a second time, etc). After the heart dies, Medica II should be used, but by that point, the tank should have a decently sized lead on threat. Also, Shroud of Saints.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast