Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Alise Reinhart
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    It is really useful guide, but still hope for titan one so that more people from Duty Finder will know it beforehand.
    (0)

FFXIV : ARR all instance boss gameplay video can be found here..
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Arikameow/videos?shelf_index=0&sort=dd&view=0

Player
    Character
    Sky Ravenfield
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Half Pint
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I'm not a grammar Nazi, but like half the people I see in shout make this mistake.

It's Amdapor Keep, not Ampador Keep.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Phoenix Wing
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelyHermit View Post
    I'm not a grammar Nazi, but like half the people I see in shout make this mistake.

It's Amdapor Keep, not Ampador Keep.
    Wow I just realized I spelled (and read) it wrong and didn't even realize it lol! I guess Ampador felt more natural to read and type. Ampa > Amda
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vita Rena
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by texhnolyze View Post
    hello,

i tried ifrit hard yesterday but the party got wiped because we didn't kill the nails fast enough
    i was appointed to unleash the LB to one of the nails (we have no BLM) and my LB did 12k damage and the nails died instantly
    however, we hardly killed the rest of the nails, in fact it was 2 nails left before ifrit unleash his hellfire
    we got wiped, then the party disbanded

so, is there any attack power requirement for DPS to do ifrit hard?
    is my damage too low (12k damage on level 3 LB) to do this duty?
    i'm a fresh 50 using AF gears and HQ crafted weapon and accessories
    i've already did wanderer palace and amdapor keep
    http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/2825699/
    The few time I had to LB the nail, what we did was I LB3 1 nail, the rest of the dps focus on another nail, once the nail I LB on died, I will go help the rest on the 2nd nail which should be down shortly after the first, we all move to 3rd nail, by now you should have level 1 LB and you can either LB 3rd nail while the rest of the dps focus on it, this will bring it down fast, then everyone just focus on 4th nail, depending on how good is your group DPS are, you should bring the 4th nail down just in time.

Another method that I read but have never try is, just dps the nail, you will probably fail to bring it down, so tank will use level 3 LB when Ifrit jump and reduce the damage taken
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Faeon Nightwhisper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by valho View Post
    The few time I had to LB the nail, what we did was I LB3 1 nail, the rest of the dps focus on another nail, once the nail I LB on died, I will go help the rest on the 2nd nail which should be down shortly after the first, we all move to 3rd nail, by now you should have level 1 LB and you can either LB 3rd nail while the rest of the dps focus on it, this will bring it down fast, then everyone just focus on 4th nail, depending on how good is your group DPS are, you should bring the 4th nail down just in time.

Another method that I read but have never try is, just dps the nail, you will probably fail to bring it down, so tank will use level 3 LB when Ifrit jump and reduce the damage taken
    Mark the nail that you want to dps down first, so that you don't have split dps. and use a LB if you have it, every LB helps.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ekko Noire
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    He repeats this SIDE->MID sequence twice
    The sequence on Demon Wall is wrong : he's attacking middle, side, middle, side. So you want to position yourself side, middle, side, middle then center (right in front of him) for repel.
    (0)

Zantetsuken
    Endgame LS on Ragnarok

Player
    Character
    Renier Wolfcastle
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by valho View Post
    I've always wondered this as well but have never been able to try because people leave as soon as there's no Black Mage. How much damage reduction does the Tank Lv3 LB mitigate and can players survive a four nail Ifrit jump?

If it can mitigate enough damage to keep everyone alive with little health then I don't see a reason why you can't just DPS down Ifrit during the nails phase so that the fight is shorter.

Has anyone tried this before?
    (0)
    ERROR
    The following errors occurred with your submission
    New forum post cannot be made due to either you have reached to your daily limit or your main character's level is not high enough.

Player
    Character
    Vita Rena
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeon View Post
    Mark the nail that you want to dps down first, so that you don't have split dps. and use a LB if you have it, every LB helps.
    Ah yes best to mark it otherwise dps will just go separately

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenhausen View Post
    I've always wondered this as well but have never been able to try because people leave as soon as there's no Black Mage. How much damage reduction does the Tank Lv3 LB mitigate and can players survive a four nail Ifrit jump?

If it can mitigate enough damage to keep everyone alive with little health then I don't see a reason why you can't just DPS down Ifrit during the nails phase so that the fight is shorter.

Has anyone tried this before?
    Last Bastion
    Last Bastion is the level 3 limit break for tanks. It reduces damage taken by all party members by 50% for 12 seconds.

Just need someone to try whether it works or not haha. You still takes damage even though all the nails are destroyed, just reduced, so I am guessing that tank lb3 will probably be just enough to keep everyone alive after you fail the nail and healer would need to quickly top off everyone's hp
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2