Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Darcy Blue
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

What's your Grand Company and why you choose it?

Usually there's a special reason why we choose our current Grand Company.

Discuss what you like about it and what motivated you to join their ranks.

Edit: (my bad XD)

I choose twin adders

From the very beginning when i saw the moogles on the carriage I got a good feeling about it... and I'm glad I stuck with it. I discovered wonderful npcs that made more fond of Shroud. It was like a vast place to explore and immerse yourself on the forest. Later when I found Papalymo and Yda was pretty much the icing on the cake. The Twin Adder's logo is stamped in my heart.
    (2)
    Last edited by LeopoldEM; 09-04-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Player
    Character
    Speg Tackular
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    OP you didn't add yours!!

I chose the Twin Adder. I thought it was the least "in your face"... others also seemed in it for money or world domination...they seemed to have a more noble cause....although the spokeswoman kinda freaked me out a bit.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Elsabette Manaya
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 36
    I chose Maelstrom. I had started as an Arcanist, so I was familiar with them (even if I did decide to level conjurer instead). But in the end, my decision came down to the remembrance ceremonies. While Kan-E-Senna's speech was very good, and Rabaun's was very rousing (if you were an Ul'dahner), the Admiral's was the one that seemed to inspire something beyond just her particular region. I felt like her rallying for freedom in the face of overwhelming adversity was better than a call for peace in the forest or for Ul'dahan (and beyond) prosperity.
    (5)
    Last edited by Lissyl; 09-04-2013 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Correcting a name

Player
    Character
    Cyan Bondy
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    I picked maelstrom because they did their orange juice quest before making their grand company uniform.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Bjorn Eckhart
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 41
    Maelstrom because the Admiral has big cajungas.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Damsyl N'distress
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Maelstrom, because the Admiral is a complete badass. Her speech in my opinon, was the best speech out of all the grand companies. Plus, shes more "hulk smash, kill everybody and everything" and I like that :3...Andddd the red and black grand company gear looks nice
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Unruhe Endlos
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I liked the "kill stuff, get paid" vibe of Ul'dah, and I vastly prefer it as a city-state. Gridania and Limsa are both visually pretty in their own way, but neither of them actually feel like a city to me, where a lot of people would live. Ul'dah actually feels like a huge city.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Isis Myrlin
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondy View Post
    I picked maelstrom because they did their orange juice quest before making their grand company uniform.
    Teehee Witty <3 And I also chose Maelstrom for similar reasons and an appreciation for the Admiral character
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Malcolm Quill
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    While I have little faith in the Elementals as gods, the people of Gridania raised me as one of their own after my family's death at the hands of the Ishgardian Inquisition. I may be unimpressed with the Seedseers' theological aspirations, but I fervently support Kan-E-Senna's leadership in reestablishing the Order of the Twin Adder and will continue to serve the nation in my capacity as Lord Marshal of the Yellow Serpent's Surveyors.

((For anyone interested in joining an Order of the Twin Adder Free Company on Balmung, the Gridania Surveyors are recruiting! We are an all-Twin-Adder RP/progression/endgame FC with hopeful Frontline aspirations as RvR combat gets released. Check out our website at gridania.shivtr.com))
    (0)
    Last edited by GilbertLapine; 09-04-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tanoshii Britannia
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 55
    I chose Immortal Flames because I started in Ul'dah. Simple as that.
    (2)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast