Player
    Character
    Arctura Fengari
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90

I don't want the devs to give up on Chemist

Chemist would be a wonderful job. It's one of the only classic healers left, and its place in the lore would be wonderful for a post 6.x Garlean society. We need a healer that isn't based on magic for once. A science based healer that has all kinds of potions and concoctions would be lovely.

It's weapon ideas are limitless. It could be gun based, it could be a some kind of a mini aether cannon, or really anything else you put your imagination to.
    (26)
    Last edited by DamianFatale; 05-26-2021 at 08:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mel Knight
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    But we already have Alchemist as a Disciple of the Hand class. A non-magical healer wouldn't be bad or anything, but maybe they might wanna pick a different name for it to avoid confusion. Like Scientist, Doctor, or Chirurgeon.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Imbri Undinare
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    While I do concede that there are ideas to be had here, I really would like to see something more creative in a job that's actively played. Now, combine the concept of a chemist with maybe some sort of dancer-esque system where you put 4 potions in a pot and that combination does some AoE heal + a slight stat buff to something (regen, barrier, reduce damage taken, etc.)? Sure, I can see something like that maybe. Or maybe something like the ninja's ninjutsu where you're combining herbs or concoctions into a damage spell or heal.. problem is I'd worry about action economy there with all the clicks. I dunno... I'm just not really sold on the idea I guess. But then again, from what the sage has shown so far, I'm not very impressed with it either =/
    (1)
    "Then what is magic for?" Prince Lir demanded wildly. "What use is wizardry if it cannot save a unicorn?"
    Schmendrick did not turn his head. With a touch of sad mockery in his voice, he said, "That's what heroes are for."
    -- Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

Character
    Loud Jungle
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Chemist doesn't really use magic, that's where I believe it lost favor; as well as the Alchemist job existing. Chemist can exist but with a different name and a different take, it would have to be more tradtional and more classic FF. Think of Matoya for example, a witch-like healing job. They would use a Cauldron and a huge spoon to throw the liquid at people.

What better job to use a fun job gauge than a witch type job?
    Ultimately, because of savage/ultimate raiding, they will probably not add a new healing or tank job ever to the game; so on that note, give us the witch job as magic dps. Who wouldn't like more Matoya-like glamours?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    A'ver Snow
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    They weren't inspired for it. It could happen some day, but as far as healer concepts go, they also really struggled with finding a theme for sage. Part of me is still worried that they will struggle to differentiate between it and the other healers thematically.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Arctura Fengari
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Averax View Post
    They weren't inspired for it. It could happen some day, but as far as healer concepts go, they also really struggled with finding a theme for sage. Part of me is still worried that they will struggle to differentiate between it and the other healers thematically.
    I'm starting to think they need to hire some people who actually have the passion and inspiration for healers.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Samniel Atkascha
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianFatale View Post
    I'm starting to think they need to hire some people who actually have the passion and inspiration for healers.
    The fact they struggled so much because they couldn't reconcile Chemist with BEING a caster, because Healers HAVE to be Casters, is pretty telling that they really don't understand how to make healers engaging.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Yunea Yevon
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Alchemist was never on the table....that was just Fan prediction.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    A'ver Snow
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanarkand-Ronso View Post
    They were going to. They struggled to come up with a weapon concept for it, and then the actual design of the class. They weren't sure how to make it use both magic and potions. They just lacked inspiration for its design and moved on from it.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Samniel Atkascha
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanarkand-Ronso View Post
    It's from this interview

“We were really having to rack our brains on the Sage idea,” Yoshida explains. “Of course there were ideas about, like, ‘Oh, bring over Alchemist,’ and things like that and when we thought about, ‘Okay, so what if we used Alchemist? What kind of weapon would they wield?’”

Initial ideas involved some kind of medical kit, but Yoshida says having such a science-based weapon for a magic-wielder “would be weird.” The developers also thought having a class that throws potions at people was “very difficult” to fit into the battle systems.
    (15)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast