Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Viritess Vonschalt
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I was one of the few in 1.0 in some ways, loved Gridania, even the twelveswood. Living in a tenious balance with elementals. Taking care of the world around you but kicking some ass when you need too.

Thats my kind of GC!
    (2)

Character
    Zyeriis Damerais
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Coin and Country. Raubahn's speech was the best if you ask me, though most would misunderstand the true meaning/sentiment of his words (which was more about honor and protecting the people though masked by appealing to what people love most: money). Gridania is too peace-loving for me and Limsa was too pirate driven.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Love Craft
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    Ul'dah The Immortal flames, because I liked how harsh the land is, also the General Raubahn Aldynn is a man of action and speaks without a lot of flowery dressing. His soft spot for the Sultana is endearing as well.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rock Toonz
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 31
    i chose immortal flames because the i like whenever the princess sits on the speaker
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rockkus Reinheart
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 42
    Simple, I chose flames. Even though I'm a acn/smn, from limas. Because if you look at all their gear. Though all GC provide varied gear at power levels. Flames has more mind gear then the others at higher level. Which I actually found odd since uldah is not where acn/smn, the class that uses mind is from.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sureenah Diosdado
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Went with the Maelstrom. No other reason than it was the city-state I started my adventure in. During phase 3 of the beta, I started out as a Lancer...so Twin Adders were my choice for Grand Company. For me, it's about loyalty!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Beliskner Zephyrlord
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I chose Twin Adders because I prefered their goals to the others. The Immortal Flames seemed like all they really cared about was money (and knew it was wrong), and the Maelstrom seemed like it was just "rah rah rah we're pirates and we kill everything that looks at us wrong". The Twin Adders just want to protect their home. Though I might switch to the Maelstrom once the frontlines come out, as I think they'll be the go to place for pvpers.

Down with the Immortal Lames!
    Down with Failstrom!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Memory Foam
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I chose Maelstrom cause pretty colors <3 <3 <3 I love Gridania... but I hate yellow... ugh
    (1)

Player
    Character
    N'hara Tia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    I and two friends of mine spent a good long while looking over the different Grand Companies, and eventually we came to agree upon the Immortal Flames.

I have a personal fondness for the Twin Adders, not just as Gridania was my home while learning Conjury and thus I was familiar with them and the people working with them, but also that their main focus was a desire for peace and weren't willing to escalate a fight if it wasn't necessary. However, the three of us have never really been a fan of the whole situation with the Elementals; when you get right down to it, the Gridanians are at the mercy of the Elementals and must work tirelessly to ensure that they are appeased so that they can continue to prosper within the Twelveswood. One miss-step and things go from bad to worse in a very short time. That's not a situation I like, as much as I honor and respect the Elder Seedseer.

The Maelstrom... none of us were really all that drawn to it. Nothing against Merlwyb and Limsa Lominsa as a whole, but her speech really didn't give any of us reason to think "yeah, I wanna support this group!".

The Immortal Flames are indeed very chest-pounding, ready-for-a-fight, and out for riches, not the kind of environment complementary to my own ideals (my friends being another story), but I did appreciate the Sultana's sentiment that one shouldn't focus on just their own personal prosperity but the prosperity of the world as a whole, helping each other as much as we help ourselves. Which, I will admit, isn't a whole lot.

For my friends, the Immortal Flames was a no-brainer. For me, it was more "which do I dislike the least".
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Euri Bisaine
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Maelstrom

Merlwyb > Raubahn > Kan-E-Senna, that is all.

*Till sea swallows all*
    (2)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast