2. 09-04-2013 01:25 PM

Player
    Character
    Teddy Maximoff
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I was at Brayflox and the tank didn't understand that he was supposed to keep hate. He just kept spamming one WS action, never provoked, never flashed.

Didn't get past the first room, after I repeatedly told him to use provoke and flash, and he didn't - I gave up and left the instance.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Utada Hikaru
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 42
    I just do every instance with the expectation that I'll be tanking adds. 9/10 times, that's how it goes, so I just face tank them and sleep them or die if it's that 3 pull in Stone Vigil.

The only real trouble I've had so far is Garuda, where people take a lot of unneeded damage and a couple of attempts I couldn't top someone off in time before the big aoe. Although the attempt that I killed it, I had a lot of mana entering that phase...usually I'd be oom at like 30%, so people did a good job avoiding things.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Dragonfly Seksparade
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Garuda, 2x derp melee dps getting hit by everything, byebye mana. Wipe a few times b/c of my mana.

One dps says "You need to avoid taking damage so that you spend less mp healing yourself"

I was gone from that duty within 2 seconds of reading that.
    (28)

Player
    Character
    Kyreanna Galamonte
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    I was in Thousand Eyes of Tam'taru with a decent group. The tank and arcanist were fine, competent players. Our lancer, on the other hand, had this really bad habit of running ahead and face-pulling each new pack. I probably shouldn't have healed him/her just to get the point across...but that option was left in the dirt...with our corpses...on numerous occasions. I still wonder how we managed to finish the instance. Cause let's face it, there's only so much stupid a healer can keep up with before Medica sucks your mana pool dry
    (14)
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

There are 2 other kinds of people in this world.
    Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data...

Player
    Character
    Roughbuddha Alqasir
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I forget what dungeon I was in, but it was about lvl 30ish, and our tank was a warrior. He is taking SO much damage that I barely have time to heal the DPS when they need it, and then on the first boss I completely run out of MP healing him. After we finally down the boss I notice he isn't using Defiance, but when I told him about it he said that he didn't have the skill... So eventually the party and I directed him to find it and he activated it, but was still taking way too much damage for me to keep up, so I left the group.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Minibiskit Yu
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    First time in Brayflox, of course!

Overzealous and undergeared tank with speedy pulls. Both DPS afk at the dungeon entrance. I struggled to pull enough dps to bring down mobs on the first pull, all while keeping the poorly-geared tank up. Tank melted on the second pull and promptly ragequit.

Welcome to Brayflox I guess...
    (11)
    Last edited by Minibiskit; 09-04-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Utada Hikaru
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 42
    Quote Originally Posted by Roughbuddha View Post
    I forget what dungeon I was in, but it was about lvl 30ish, and our tank was a warrior. He is taking SO much damage that I barely have time to heal the DPS when they need it, and then on the first boss I completely run out of MP healing him. After we finally down the boss I notice he isn't using Defiance, but when I told him about it he said that he didn't have the skill... So eventually the party and I directed him to find it and he activated it, but was still taking way too much damage for me to keep up, so I left the group.
    Oh, that happened once in Brayflox. A tank was trying to tank everything in full dps gear. One pull I literally blinked once and he went from 75 to 0 tanking two mobs.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Curly Wurly
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    some douche bagger forget his name.. edemus Happer a tank in long stop, never said anything ran around looking like they were admiring the scenery not pulling and when they did pull just auto attack. we some how got to the 1st boss after about 5 wipes on fodder, h then again auto att the boss we wiped we said good by, couple other people in my ls came across the same douche said same things... all withing the glorious duty finder ( should be able to add ppl to blist so never party in duty finder with them lol)
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Kar'ti Elmnyra
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Let's see...

To be honest, most of the issues that I ever have with healers is when they don't understand how enmity works. These players will spam heals to their heart's content, including Medica when no one needs help besides the tank. Now, I try hard to be polite and fair and I've only had a few instances where this is a serious issue in the dungeon. After all, tanking and healing can be two of the trickiest roles to master (imo) and they often accuse one another.

I haven't had anything majorly awful yet. But my first time in Toto-Rak, I was matched with a healer who would constantly spam abilities. At the first mob, I engaged with a shield lob and followed up with a flash. But before my flash was even ready, this guy launches stone at the creatures! Immediately after, he would cast medica medica medica medica and so naturally, the monsters started switching their attention. This was before I had Provoke or Rage of Halone, but I was doing everything within my power to pull those creeps back! It didn't help, that he was running away from me!

After the team managed to clear the mob (two PUG's, bless their hearts, they were trying to catch up too), the Healer started raging at me to use Flash constantly. He did this throughout the entire dungeon almost. Finally, I decided to explain how enmity works and that although flash is an AoE hate builder, it isn't as strong as savage blade nor against a barrage of spells. He then said that he was a level 50 Paladin and I didn't know what I was talking about. Shortly after, he left.

Maybe I was doing one or two things wrong, but dayum.

(And for the record: Healers, I <3 you and I never want the blame war of Tanks vs Healers to come between us! Without you, the tanks die too! )
    (46)
    Last edited by Karti; 09-04-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Page 2 of 362 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast