Player
    Character
    Phantom Lunar
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60

What to do at level 50?

Since we have almost 12 hours of downtime, lets find out what we can do when we reach the end game!

Being 49 warrior myself, I'm very excited to ding 50 as soon as the maintenance is over.
    What is there to do at level 50?
    What dungeons to run for gear... what quests to do... what fates and etc etc.
    obviously leveling another class is on the list. I'm just wondering what would be the ideal way to be most efficient to prep for 24 man raiding!

Thanks in advance
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Conkuur Dox
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Log out and let someone else play

Seriously you can do dungeons,craft ,gather. You are gonna need money for repairs so I would either gather and sell, or craft to fix your own gear.
    (0)

Character
    Shio Ban
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    The Story in FFXIV:ARR is designed for that everyone can do it, everything up to The Pratorium is pretty easy.

Once you reach level 50 you gain access to;

'Castrum Meridianum' (100 Alagan Tombstones of Philosophy)
    'The Praetorium' (100 Alagan Tombstones of Philosophy)
    'The Wanderers Palace' (I don't remember how many)
    'Amdapor Keep' (80 Alagan Tombstones of Philosophy 40 Tombstone of Mythology)

All these dungeons (and some of the previous ones) drop; "Alagan Tombstones of Philosophy".

ATP tokens can be exchanged for 'Darklight' gear from Rowena's NPCs in Mor Dhona - Revenant's Toll.

'Darklight' is the 'Next Tier' up from the AF and some of the gear that drops from The Wanderers Palace and Amdapor Keep.

Example of Darklight; http://oi42.tinypic.com/2vkmee8.jpg

What what are; "Alagan Tombstones of Mythology"?

These are for your AF+1 and Relic+1's which are from the same vendor, AF+1 is currently (from what we can see) the best gear avaliable.

What do I do after I get my darklight, or at least some of it?

Good question! You can start your relic quest for one thing, which requires you to have completed the main story line and done all the class/job quests for the job weapon you wish to obtain;
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...rn-Walkthrough

But that's getting a little bit ahead, you will now have access to the primal fights;

Ifrit (Hard) - Ifrit Bleeds, We Can Kill It.
    Garuda (Hard) - In For Garuda Awakening
    Titan (Hard) - In a Titan Spot

These are particularly difficult fights, the darklight gear will help make these fights easier for you and your party members, so the more you have the better. (This won't account for your general playing skill of course)

After the primals have been slain (By this point you should have your relic weapon, which I recommend start on before doing the hard primal fights) you can access "The Binding Coil of Bahamut". But I think if you stick with what i've mentioned you should be busy for at least a little while longer before Bahamut.
    (5)
    Last edited by Shioban; 09-04-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Player
    Character
    Phantom Lunar
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Thank you very much!
    This at least gives me the general idea what to do when I hit 50!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sukozo Hinso
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    or... just hear me out, walk around and be like "Yeah, I'm awesome"
    (1)