Player
    Character
    Hayward Timberwolf
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70

Thaumaturge Level 15 quest: Is 15 too low for this fight?

Tried the level 15 quest early this morning and found the mercenaries rather difficult to fight (them being rangers didn't help the matter). I know the Lalafell THM mentioned Sleep being the key but that seems like a lot of sleeping to find one pot. Any idea what to do?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kirion Saldane
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 30
    You will have to use Sleep to try to get to the urn. I had to try several times before I made it. Once you click the urn and make the channel time, your good to continue.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Hayward Timberwolf
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Sounds good. I'll try it tomorrow morning if maintenance is done by 5am CT
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wazabi Theo
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 49
    you're not suppose to fight them...yet. Read the dialog when the guild-master gives you the quest...you're suppose to use your sleep spell. They had toned down the difficulty of this quest on release.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alt Devil
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 21
    Sleep is your best weapon for crowd control!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shaolin Wushu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazabi View Post
    you're not suppose to fight them...yet. Read the dialog when the guild-master gives you the quest...you're suppose to use your sleep spell. They had toned down the difficulty of this quest on release.
    Even so, I killed everything in this place... not suggested unless you have acquired a healing spell from one of the other caster classes (lvl 4 i think). Made it simple as heck. Casting blizzard to keep mana regen up, even in fights against 2+ was able to survive easily. But putting 1 to sleep was much more simple.

FYI, the exp is junk for the effort required... just use sleep.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alpha Fear
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 18
    Yeah, even lvl 16's too low for this quest IF you want to kill everyone in it. I hadn't even gotten as far as the urn; the two rangers got me before my potion came up

However, even killing one without sleep, was nuts. I even tried my 'death in sleep' combo of thunder + sleep, and even one of these guys almost killed me. Now, waiting on the servers... is killing me :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Regana Hart
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade1 View Post
    Even so, I killed everything in this place... not suggested unless you have acquired a healing spell from one of the other caster classes (lvl 4 i think). Made it simple as heck. Casting blizzard to keep mana regen up, even in fights against 2+ was able to survive easily. But putting 1 to sleep was much more simple.
    Tried it twice with Sleep alone and it wasn't working out well for me, hehe. Went, got physick (ACN 4) and killed two, slept two on one character. On the other character I did it as a full kill quest: Those two rangers together will bite you hard if you try it as a kill quest without Physick or cure, but with a heal it's not too bad if you sleep ranger #1, attack ranger #2, sleep #1 again at 30s, finish with #2, then take on #1 by himself.

But I agree that if you do not get a heal, just use sleep and sprint. I just like to see if I can kill things because I'm crazy like that.
    (0)
    "Of course I'm a threat. Why? Did you think for a moment that I wasn't?" --Emma Frost

Player
    Character
    Hayward Timberwolf
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Knocked out the quest this morning after a couple of hiccups with Sleep going down before I could get to the pot (yeah, I know that's going to be taken out of context 8 ways to Sunday). From what I could tell, Sprint seems to be the second key to winning this fight.

Anyway, going to take a break from THM now that I'm at the level I need to unlock SMN (3 levels to go for ACN)
    (0)