Player
    Character
    Raserei Amok
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 30

Crafting needs to be more rewarding!

Sure, crafted gear gets a few sockets which can net a few more stats. The time commitment involved to craft just isn't worth it. Sure, I am going to level crafting anyways because I am a completionist, but it doesn't change the fact that crafted gear could be a lot better.

For example: a few stats doesn't even do much. My gladiator hits for 48-50 damage and I added 11 strength to him... Now he hits for 49-52 damage.

I think the issue with gear strength goes hand-in-hand with overall stat scaling with your character. It is just weak and feels unrewarding to the player. (Might not be a big deal for players who don't care much about gear)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    SE Yoshida doesn't want us crafters to be rewarded for wasting the time that could be spent killing shit in end-game instances and getting darklight and relic weapons.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dyaa Kimdar
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    HQ crafted gear with the right materia will be on par with, or even better than, dungeon drops. With the random nature of dungeon drops, the effort to attaining either option is probably fairly equal. I ran through Brayflox 20+ times back in beta and only received 2 pieces of ARC gear. The biggest problem is how quickly you can out-level your gear.

I can't, and won't, comment on end-game since I'm nowhere near there. However, materia melding will ALWAYS be needed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Strov Sable
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    It seems the only real selling in high end gear crafters are left doing is to their own crafter friends. Because as long as Gear and Wapons for fighting classes are concerned even HQ with materia still fall short to compete.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by TH4C View Post
    HQ crafted gear with the right materia will be on par with, or even better than, dungeon drops. With the random nature of dungeon drops, the effort to attaining either option is probably fairly equal. I ran through Brayflox 20+ times back in beta and only received 2 pieces of ARC gear. The biggest problem is how quickly you can out-level your gear.

I can't, and won't, comment on end-game since I'm nowhere near there. However, materia melding will ALWAYS be needed.
    You cant meld dungeon drops, and the current end game drops are way better than crafted. There is also no need for the ilvl70 crafted gear, as you you can get darklight faster also get by just fine with darklight gear

You snipped one line, I'll make a seperate post for this tomrrow.

You know it doesnt $&@(*&$@ matter that ilvl70 crafted gear can be made SLIGHTLY, and I repeat SLIGHTLY better than darklight, you have to be a complete retard to spend your tokens on crafting mats. They did not increase the amount you need for the damn hardcore, they did it to fuck crafters. How hardcore are the folks who have mats left over from 1.0? Pretty fuckin hardcore since in 1.0, Hardcore meant taking the damn time to level up the damn crafts. Stop trying to make up reasonings for it, wreaks of white kight.
    (0)
    Last edited by Reika; 09-04-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Xion Fei
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 25
    I'm rewarded in 2.0 everytime I craft/gather anything now because that pointless mini-game is gone! I never saw the point of my crafting/gathering being a game within a game. Thanks again SE.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Anderian Ashald
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    It's true that the focus of the game shifted radically from crafting/gathering to combat classes with ARR (compared to 1.0), but I think it's a bit too early to to decide that crafting isn't rewarding enough.

Crafting in MMOs is a one of the most important aspects of the game to me, and I suspect to many others who frequent this part of the forums, so I'm gonna stay cautiously optimistic for now. Because if nothing else, the actual crafting is way more fun than it ever was in 1.0, at least in my humble opinion.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vynce Walker
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    -snip-
    Except this actually isn't true. HQ ilvl70 melded crafted gear is better than everything by a fair margin except for allaghan/af2. Even then, the pieces are comparable depending on how much you have melded the pieces. People don't understand that ilvl70 gear is hard to get precisely because it is *much* easier to meld now. You get 2 free sockets, with the possibility of melding outside of those sockets. The only consequence is losing the materia that you tried to go further with. This is a very low risk/high reward system.

Like I said in another thread, hardcore players will buy it up bc they know how good they can make the gear. If you're not hardcore with your gear you wont bother, which is fine. But the idea that crafting is not rewarding is patently false and largely stems from lack of information, or outright misinformation.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sun Prince
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    dun forget that people will constantly need new gears for spirit bonding to make new materia.

There is currently a limited variety of armor. Options will open up as new crafted armor are added in
    (0)