Character
    Shiyo Kozuki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70

How do I make food taste "divine" or "delicious"

How do I make it so my character finds food divine/delicious? Also, I noticed 0 damage increase after eating a meat miqabob, I don't get why? Isn't it supposed to increase damage?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Renta Hamster
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    (0)

Character
    Shiyo Kozuki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    TY!! I'm an idiot x_x
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Narshala Beaumont
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    TY!! I'm an idiot x_x
    No your not an idiot.
    The person who designed this atrocious system is. The person who signed off on it is and finally those who allowed it to be implemented with no data visible to the players are. Food just doesn't need visible tooltips, its need a friggin overhaul.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zavier Mhigo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    They tried to make food like FFXI, where people would have to look up stuff. Eating raw fish for miqotes made sense because mithras could do it, same with raw meat and roeg/galka. Not saying its a right system. I'd at least like the food effects posted on lodestone, some effects you can't visually see change your stats, if you can't see the food change your stats you literally have no logical way of telling if it does something to you, so I get the concern.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Narshala Beaumont
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by zaviermhigo View Post
    They tried to make food like FFXI, where people would have to look up stuff. Eating raw fish for miqotes made sense because mithras could do it, same with raw meat and roeg/galka. Not saying its a right system. I'd at least like the food effects posted on lodestone, some effects you can't visually see change your stats, if you can't see the food change your stats you literally have no logical way of telling if it does something to you, so I get the concern.
    Having some foods be favored by some of the games races does make sense. The problem I have is having to check your stats, rank, affinity etc to find out what food is best. Its just overcomplicated. This is a game, its too much work. Not only that but with the way food currently works there is a point where food becomes all but useless. For culinarians to work as a class food needs to work no matter what your stats/rank setup.

What should happen is soft restriction food you can eat by rank. By soft I mean you can eat food like 5 ranks before the rank of the food itself. But have it give you less of an effect.

So for instance if I am R30 and I eat a R35 food item I would get maybe 75% of the benefit, not the full 100%. Once I hit the proper rank the food gives me the full benefit and a fair bonus on top of the standard buff for being in the optimal rank of the food. Once I start getting closer to a new food time have that bonus for being close to optimal drop a bit down to the base bonus once a new food type opens up for my rank.

That would let people ease into a new food type a few ranks early, give them a decent bonus for being in optimal, but the bonus dissipating once you get to a new food rank pushes players to new foods, thus keeping culinarians in business.

SE has decent ideas and means well, but sometimes they really just over-complicate things, thankfully Yoshi seems to be the sane one of the bunch.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Renta Hamster
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
    What should happen is soft restriction food you can eat by rank.
    Yep. Having the boost be dependent on your own stat layout is incredibly cumbersome and does not work very well with the way stat distribution is.

see: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...d-Mage-Classes
    (0)