Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Spethro Hip
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 10

Can anyone please tell me if... (1017, login queues)

... if SE ever announced anything related to the queue system, or why we're getting 1017s instead of a long queue, or if they are doing anything to address this problem specifically in today's maintenance?

I've been trying to locate anything in that regard, but came up with nothing... did they ever made a clear announcement on what's causing error 1017 (instead of putting you in a queue), or there are only speculations by the forumers?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Darren Walker
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 20
    As far as I can tell the 1017 was intended to be put in place for when the queues were overloaded and you just couldn't do anything at all, but then 1017 started kicking people out of queue so I have absolutely no idea what's going on. It almost seems like it's a bug when you look at it that way?? But they never said anything specifically in regards to fixing that particular problem. They just said "addressing known issues" so maybe that's one of them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cidolfus Bunansa
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 35
    You are not getting a queue because the queue list is full and thats why you get the 1017 code
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaane Moka
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    1017 meanings the world is full and they can not let you in. While put you in queue means there are several spaces are left in the server, therefore you can queue in for your turn but because there are people ahead of you, therefore you have to wait.

An example explanation: A world can only hold 5000 Players at any given time. So if you try to log in while the sever already has 5k players occupied, it will not let you in. Now, after a while 1000 players log off due to some various reason, means there are 1000 slots available. If you log in at this time, you will be put in queue. Say if your queue number is 378, you will get in eventually. However, the server will not accept any more player if there are already 1000 players in queue.

Not the best explanation out there but I think you can understand :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shintlara Nightsong
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    with the client in english I get 1017 no stop, I switched to japanese and bam I'm on, the problem is now all is in japanese
    (0)
    1017 yep
    3102 yep

Player
    Character
    Macgyver Krayt'killer
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 15
    I got a 1017 while in a queue.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Spethro Hip
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 10
    Quote Originally Posted by LionKing View Post
    1017 meanings the world is full and they can not let you in. While put you in queue means there are several spaces are left in the server, therefore you can queue in for your turn but because there are people ahead of you, therefore you have to wait.

An example explanation: A world can only hold 5000 Players at any given time. So if you try to log in while the sever already has 5k players occupied, it will not let you in. Now, after a while 1000 players log off due to some various reason, means there are 1000 slots available. If you log in at this time, you will be put in queue. Say if your queue number is 378, you will get in eventually. However, the server will not accept any more player if there are already 1000 players in queue.

Not the best explanation out there but I think you can understand :P
    Well, IF the queue works like this, it's the worst queue system of the entire history of MMOs... That's how the queue system SHOULD work:
    Server hold 5000 players online. you try to login when there's already 5000 people online. You are put in a "virtual queue" of sorts, organized by time of arrival (the time you tried to login). So, when someone logs out, person #1 on the queue is logged in the game, and everybody on the queue moves up a spot. And so, as people log out of the game, more people are let in, and your queue spot keeps going down until you're #1, and when the next person logs out, you get in. So, the server always has exactly 5.000 people on, never more than that, except on off-hours when there's less than 5k people playing...

Now, on that kind of system, you SHOULD be able to hold a near-infinite ammount of people on said queue, limited only maybe by the capabilities of the lobby server to handle said queue (depending on the server). But the 1017 error tells us there's a... maximum number of people who can be put in the queue? like, if the QUEUE is 300 people long, anyone else who try to login will get the 1017 in the face...

So, I'll ask again, does anybody here know of any official word on this specific problem, and if it's being addressed on today's maintenance?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyaano Nohea
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nyaano Nohea
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    As a followup to the newspost...
    They limited logins and character creation because the duty/instance cluster couldn't handle all the people.
    It was a temporary measure.
    Real queues and AFK kick may come in addition to that if the expanded clusters are not enough to deal with it, but for most existing worlds there shouldn't be problems after this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Claudia Baratheon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 32
    There have been several times that I have experienced 1017 Server full after waiting in the queue. SE keeps trolling me
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast