Player
    Character
    Exxe Cruenta
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vektrat View Post
    Playing like this sucks, but it's not a 100% excuse, when you see a red area move out ASAP as a workaround, don't try to be greedy ;p
    As you pointed out yourself this is not only about getting hit by AoE damage where you shouldn't get hit but also (and for me this is the main issue, as I can adapt to other stuff not matter how stupid it might be) that I can't reliably chain my abilities. I constantly have to watch my bar if the skills I intended to use have fired or not. As a result you constantly lose DPS and while this might not be a big problem in low level dungeons and FATEs, this will be in end-game content, esp. if you need a DPS race for whatever reason. Plus you won't be able to time really anything and you lose a lot of precision.

Yet if you get hit by stuff it's not about greedy - you made the points up well in your original post, everything adds up: if your latency is just high enough it renders it completely irrelevant if you even start moving out or not, you will get hit no matter what you do or when you start moving.

Anyways I'd like to thank you very much for posting this and describing everything in detail and I hope this thread won't be ignored (and - important as well - kept alive!) even if the bug report template was not used. SWToR, GW2 and Rift showed that this can be changed if enough community members complain.
    (4)

Character
    Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I see this kind of laggy behavior only when on a very crowded zone attempting a very over subscribed FATE. Usually I cannot even see the rest of the players, or mobs, and targeting is useless. I can't tell if my skills are chaining, because so many times the target is gone before GCD let's me attack again.

I don't think this qualifies as a bug when it only happens when a ridiculously large number of players are attempting the exact same FATE or the zone I am in is so busy that everywhere you turn there are players. All the issues mentioned diminish greatly or disappear when running an instanced fight/dungeon or a FATE in a quiet area.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vektrat Pirineu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmos992k View Post
    I see this kind of laggy behavior only when on a very crowded zone attempting a very over subscribed FATE. Usually I cannot even see the rest of the players, or mobs, and targeting is useless. I can't tell if my skills are chaining, because so many times the target is gone before GCD let's me attack again.

I don't think this qualifies as a bug when it only happens when a ridiculously large number of players are attempting the exact same FATE or the zone I am in is so busy that everywhere you turn there are players. All the issues mentioned diminish greatly or disappear when running an instanced fight/dungeon or a FATE in a quiet area.
    It doesn't happen when a ridiculous number of players are there, it happens ALL the time, this is not a "now happens" issue, it's latent, it's one with the game, it's constant and non-stop, I have NEVER NOT experienced this issue.

When there's a ridiculous amount of players the issue obviously persists at the same grade (for example when killing Svara), there are other unrelated issues in this kind of environments (sound cannot be processed, objects disappearing, and yes, increased skill lag, but this is just an exaggeration of this issue).

You are from NA, maybe since you're closer to the datacenters you don't have this issue (this is a network latency issue after all), but EVERYBODY I've talked to has this problem (has always had it, betas, early access, now, at 5pm, at 5am...).

This does qualify as a bug, and as stated, very common on new or uncared for MMOs.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Oppai Banzai
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    You are from NA, maybe since you're closer to the datacenters you don't have this issue (this is a network latency issue after all), but EVERYBODY I've talked to has this problem (has always had it, betas, early access, now, at 5pm, at 5am...)
    I'm located in WA state, fairly close to the NA/EU datacenters. I've been tanking in MMOs for a decade and, as such, I am painfully aware of mob response times, watching cast bars, and avoiding AoEs - and there is a consistent delay in every single action just as you state in your OP, and one that is independent of client hardware and connection.

The slower pace of combat and longer GCD help mask this issue for some, but all anyone who is skeptical really needs to do is go fight a bomb, wait for the AoE, then watch the interaction of the cast bar and damage to see when they have to step out to actually avoid the damage. It should be anytime before the cast ends, but in reality you need to be out almost a full second before it completes.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Vektrat Pirineu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    I'm located in WA state, fairly close to the NA/EU datacenters. I've been tanking in MMOs for a decade and, as such, I am painfully aware of mob response times, watching cast bars, and avoiding AoEs - and there is a consistent delay in every single action just as you state in your OP, and one that is independent of client hardware and connection.
    Norb, I had this impression, thank you for confirming that even close to the datacenters the issue is persistent.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Elasandria Servion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

While I believe a lot of this is a result of overall server congestion, it wasn't nearly this bad during closed betas after all, even with all JP data centers. It's not only in areas with a lot of players, I went through this in dungeons as well, and god knows I watched people shoot over the edge fighting titan but they weren't hit at all a second later. I also saw myself sailing off the edge after his attack turned to execute fully outside of the 'danger' zone to hit me.
    (1)

XIV Pad: http://xivpads.com/?Elasandria-Servion-Hyperion
    Linkshell: http://sd-is.guildwork.com
    Rig: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/jv56yukhpi7413q/gQTzd-DS9y
    FX-8150 @4.1GHz; 8Gigs ripjaws @1600; OCZ Vertex 3 128GB SSD; WDC 1TB HDD;
    XFX Radeon HD 7970;

Character
    Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    It doesn't happen when a ridiculous number of players are there, it happens ALL the time, this is not a "now happens" issue, it's latent, it's one with the game, it's constant and non-stop, I have NEVER NOT experienced this issue.
    If it were a bug with the game it would be universally present on all servers, the only time I see the behavior you talk about on behemoth is when there are a ridiculous number of players about in a zone. Otherwise it is far better than during Beta, and not at all like your description. Network latency to the NA/EU data center is near identical for players in EU and NA, and depending on ISP, some in the Eu are doing better than some in NA. My Free company is almost 50/50 EU/NA players, and no one reports the kinds of issue you describe except in the over crowded circumstances I described.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vektrat Pirineu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    If it were a bug with the game it would be universally present on all servers, the only time I see the behavior you talk about on behemoth is when there are a ridiculous number of players about in a zone. Otherwise it is far better than during Beta, and not at all like your description. Network latency to the NA/EU data center is near identical for players in EU and NA, and depending on ISP, some in the Eu are doing better than some in NA. My Free company is almost 50/50 EU/NA players, and no one reports the kinds of issue you describe except in the over crowded circumstances I described.
    First of all, it doesn't have to happen to everybody to be a bug with the game, specially when talking about a network issue.
    Second, I'm not so sure you're understanding the issue, I've talked to many people who say it's fine, until they pay close attention and you give direct proof (just look at how many people is supporting this thread without anyone having reported anything direct like this before - red zones avoidance put aside), and your single-sided boycott.
    Third, I'm not here to try to convince the community, I believe a LARGE amount of people is suffering from that, and I KNOW it's not client sided, so I'm reporting this to see if they can analyse it; if you and your friends are lucky enough not to be suffering from that, I'm glad, but the problem persists for us, and has always been there.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    War Axe
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 20
    Thanks for posting this.

* Red danger areas on the grounds ("but but... I moved before it fired!")
    I'm playing from Australia, i've been doing end game raids in Wow/Rift for many years, and let me tell you, with a 200-400ms ping FFXIV is far less forgiving than any other game i've ever played.

Even though on my screen i'm moving out in time, 99.9% you still get hit, something definitely can't be right, it feels broken at the moment.
    (8)

Character
    Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    First of all, it doesn't have to happen to everybody to be a bug with the game, specially when talking about a network issue.
    Second, I'm not so sure you're understanding the issue, I've talked to many people who say it's fine, until they pay close attention and you give direct proof (just look at how many people is supporting this thread without anyone having reported anything direct like this before - red zones avoidance put aside), and your single-sided boycott.
    Third, I'm not here to try to convince the community, I believe a LARGE amount of people is suffering from that, and I KNOW it's not client sided, so I'm reporting this to see if they can analyse it; if you and your friends are lucky enough not to be suffering from that, I'm glad, but the problem persists for us, and has always been there.
    I saw all these problems with AOE circles/areas and the lag problems of trying to escape, during beta phase 3, what you are complaining about describes that behavior very well, but with Beta 4 and release, the problems have been largely addressed. By all means try to get more analysis done, but it's not like this topic has never been discussed or addressed by the Developers.

@Warstryke. If you're getting on for a half second ping time, then there is very, very little that SE can do to help the situation you are experiencing. Even if the latency were only 250ms, that's a half a second round trip, not including processing time at the server and client. I know that overseas latency is more, but EU players are actually getting better ping response from the NA data center than NA players. I have to wonder whether the routing your ISP is using to the SE data center might be at fault...
    (0)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast