Cid Mooglesworth
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Relic Reborn (Veil of Wiyu) - NPC Gerolt Not Accepting Item

Name: Cid Mooglesworth
    World: Leviathan

I began my Relic Reborn (Veil of Wiyu) quest for my SMN. NPC Gerolt says to get an Erudite's Picatrix of Healing w/ two Savage Might III materias affixed to it.

After running around to try and find an Alchemist who would help to create and affix, plus the gil spent to get the materia, I zoned into Black Shroud only to find Gerolt w/ a red key/lock bubble still over his head. When going up to him to trade in the proper item, he says he wants a Erudite's Picatrix of Healing w/ two QUICKTONGUE III materia affixed!!

See screenshot below, as quest text reflects what is required for the turn-in and what I have in my inventory, showing correct item possessed.

Would like to know of a possible upcoming fix for this, as I do not have the funds, materials or connections to make an all new item when I thought I was getting the correct one to proceed with this quest.

There has also been a lot of talk with regards to the item required not even being the Erudite's Picatrix of HEALING, but of CASTING...so I truly hope that I have not wasted my time just because I have followed the instructions given to me via quest log text.

(1)

Player
    Character
    Ava Faye
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    You need the Casting one, not the healing one. Some of the quests are bugged and tell you to bring the wrong item.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cid Mooglesworth
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    It just bothers me because I spent a flippin' fortune to try and get the proper materias and now they are wasted on the wrong book.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Road Von
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 62
    It seems that those are the requirements for the SCH quest. Might be possible to find a SCH in the same situation (assuming they also have bugged text) and trade.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Awake Dusklight
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Same problem with Warriors quest...So question is do we need the item specified in the quest(which doesnt make sense as i need a staff) or the more logical choice that is not listed in the quest which would be the Baradiche(axe).?And another question is which materias do i need to put in?Any help would be very much appriciated.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rogue Muse
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    This is a known bug in the relic quest and has been reported, both for the summoner and the warrior.

For SMN you need the Erudite's Picatrix of Casting melded with Savage Might III
    For WAR you need Barbarian's Bardiche melded with Battledance III

Please check out My Relic Guide thread for more details if you need to.
    (1)
    Last edited by Magnesium02; 09-03-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: -.- post-work brain funk. It is casting not healing.

Player
    Character
    Awake Dusklight
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnesium02 View Post
    This is a known bug in the relic quest and has been reported, both for the summoner and the warrior.

For SMN you need the Erudite's Picatrix of Healing melded with Savage Might III
    For WAR you need Barbarian's Bardiche melded with Battledance III

Please check out My Relic Guide thread for more details if you need to.
    Cheers mate!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lord Rulkar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    I have the casting book with 2 tier 3 savage might materia on it and the npc will not take it from me. Insists that I bring him a book of healing with 2 quicktongue.

Edit: Figured it out. Need to have a spare book on ya before turning in this one.

NPC: Still asks for healing book and 2 quick tongue mats.

Quest: Asks for healing book and 2 savage might mats.

Other than that you can do what you said and turn in the casting book with 2 savage mights. It was really my fault for not having a spare book.
    (0)
    Last edited by WHS; 09-05-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rogue Muse
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by WHS View Post
    I have the casting book with 2 tier 3 savage might materia on it and the npc will not take it from me. Insists that I bring him a book of healing with 2 quicktongue.

I'm about to go into star wars mode, cause I HAVE A REALLY BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS

Previously, SCH quest asked for Picatrix of Healing with x2 Quicktongue, quest was satisfied by handing in exactly as quest asked. SMN quest asked for Picatrix of Healing with x2 Savage Might in one location and Picatrix of Healing with x2 Quicktongue in another, quest was satisfied by handing in a Picatrix of Casting with x2 Savage Might. What they needed to fix is the quest log description.

NOW it seems that the SCH quest is asking for a Picatrix of Casting and SMN is still asking for Picatrix of Healing with x2 Quicktongue and can't be satisfied with what it SHOULD be.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mountain Dew
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Ouch....
    We need to bring this to the Dev's attention as a matter of urgency if we want this to be fixed anytime soon guys.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast