Player
    Character
    L'feryl Vakar
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

AFK kick any time soon?

Seems like this might clear up some of the congestion- but maybe I'm wrong... I haven't seen anything on this, anyone know?

AFK kick-- being auto-logged by the game after idling for an extended amount of time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Slater Vonjager
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    No, there will be no AFK kick. Why? Cause AFK players aren't the only issue, and they're far from the biggest issue. The only reason why people are complaining about AFK players, is because this is clearly everyone's first MMO. The bigger issue, are the tens of thousands of bots and chinese sweat shop workers that never log out. They all work for gil sellers(those people that will spam messages trying to get you to visit their website). They're a MUCH larger issue then AFK players.

Besides, why would they impliment an AFK kick system, when the majority of people that it will kick, are people waiting in the duty finder for a party. Nothing would be more annoying, then having spent all that time in the duty finder with no luck, and then suddenly, the game kicks you. Great, now you have to try to log back in, fighting through the numbers, only to have to requeue the duty finder.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    L'feryl Vakar
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Wasn't complaining- just asking a question. Every other MMO I've played has had one, so I was curious. Also, a lot of people I know stay logged in while at work or sleeping. They do this because they can't log in when they want to, which means there is a lot of dead weight on the servers that doesn't need to be there. As to being afk while waiting for the duty finder, why not play the game instead? :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryan Shori
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    other MMOs with AFK kick tend to be free to play or pay for items... there never was (and hope never will be) an AFK kick in FF games. It spoils the submersion if you have to be paranoid of a timer instead of relaxing and RPing.
    (0)

Player

It's not a priority but they did say that after solving the new server issue in the following week, and completely addressing the problem they will look into such a feature afterwards. There are no guarantees though.
    (1)
    "Even after the darkest of nights, morning always comes."

Player
    Character
    L'feryl Vakar
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I'll admit, this is my first Final Fantasy MMO-- so I wasn't aware AFK kicks weren't a "thing" here. Hence the question. The other MMOs I've played with them have been both subscription and free to play . Anyway, I suppose I just won't log out anymore. Thanks for the info, guys!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Slater Vonjager
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarjah View Post
    Wasn't complaining- just asking a question. Every other MMO I've played has had one, so I was curious.
    Not saying you were complaining, I was saying it as a generalization.

Most MMOs that have the kick feature, are f2p or use cash shops, and they're also not the biggest money grabbers. I know that DCUO had one(at least when i played it did), and I would consistently here people screaming about how the game kicked them while they were waiting in a queue. If a kick system were implemented in FF, the forums would be full of people complaining about it, because the game kicked them while they're taking a dump, or were waiting in the duty finder.

AFk kick systems are just bad.
    (0)

Character
    Noel Kreiss
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Whizawk View Post
    It's not a priority but they did say that after solving the new server issue in the following week, and completely addressing the problem they will look into such a feature afterwards. There are no guarantees though.
    In others words, nope. I'm sure when things come down from a boil that we will need not such a feature, but right now we do lol, badly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Emerse Vita
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I mean honestly it couldnt hurt under these circumstances. Sure theres other issues but with a set server capacity id think every lil bit helps. Ya ok theres bots and stuff but everywhere i go theres crowds of people doin nothing...dont think they r farming staring at a wall in town. Do i blame em though? Nah...no other choice really right now. Hopefully none of this will matter though after tomorrow. I like the explination of stuff like naaah afk kicks ruin the immersion a ff game is supposed to have. I think not being able to play at all might affect it a lil more lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ovrlord Etna
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    people will start logging out when they know they will be able to get back in without trying for 5 hours with no success
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast