Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Aylaine Gray
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80

Allagan Tombstones of Philosophy - best way to acquire?

I finished the story, and I'm aware that going strictly on that path will make me miss a lot of dungeons and what not. I'm trying to get darklight gear for end game, but I'm unsure of the best way to acquire the philosophy tombstones. I've been running Castrum Meridianum, but is there a better way out there?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Misaka Kitsunagi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    There is no definitive way to acquire them. The story missions are easiest, but give fewer. Keep and palace are harder, but give more. Do some experimenting and figure it out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aylaine Gray
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I guess I may have worded that a bit weird. I don't know how many Wanderers/Keep give, or how long they take to finish. I'm mainly looking for efficiency here. Can someone tell me how many each dungeon gives, or direct me somewhere that I may find out? Google hasn't been much of a help so far.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Misaka Kitsunagi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Like I said, you'll find no definitive answer on efficiency. I would recommend choosing a dungeon you like and get some FC mates to farm it with you. You'll do it faster because you'll be more comfortable with the bosses. I don't have numbers, but this seems like the best way.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lil Cairn
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I usually farm at Amdapor Keep, you get 10 from first boss, 20 from second boss and 50 Allagan tomestones of philosophy plus 40 Allagan tomestones of mythology if you clear the dungeon.

Total 80 Allagan tomestones of philosophy & 40 Allagan tomestones of mythology for each run.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Xystel Unaki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Senzura View Post
    Like I said, you'll find no definitive answer on efficiency.
    Time to prove you wrong.

Palace is the easiest of the 4-man dungeons and provides 40 tomestones. Amdapor is the hardest of the two and provides the same amount but has a boss, the demon wall that will stop unprepared parties and be really tricky to do without a melee in the group. Both runs can take about 30-40 minutes and trash can be skipped in both (Before the pudding in Palace and all 3 bosses in Keep) knocking maybe 10-15 minutes off both.

Castrum Meridanium and Praetorium are the 8-mans and are equally easy with simple mechanics providing 100 tomestones each. Praetorium, with cutscene skipping and no hiccups on Ultima Weapon's second half can actually be completed in about 35 minutes.

Praetorium is roughly 8 minutes longer than the 4-mans without any hiccups and speed running in all the dungeons and at 100 stones it completely outclasses the others.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Victor Lindark
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaki View Post
    Time to prove you wrong.

Palace is the easiest of the 4-man dungeons and provides 40 tomestones. Amdapor is the hardest of the two and provides the same amount but has a boss, the demon wall that will stop unprepared parties and be really tricky to do without a melee in the group. Both runs can take about 30-40 minutes and trash can be skipped in both (Before the pudding in Palace and all 3 bosses in Keep) knocking maybe 10-15 minutes off both.

Castrum Meridanium and Praetorium are the 8-mans and are equally easy with simple mechanics providing 100 tomestones each. Praetorium, with cutscene skipping and no hiccups on Ultima Weapon's second half can actually be completed in about 35 minutes.

Praetorium is roughly 8 minutes longer than the 4-mans without any hiccups and speed running in all the dungeons and at 100 stones it completely outclasses the others.
    Nice info! Thanks a bunch.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sandkat Sadtank
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Time to prove you wrong.

Actually Ampador drops 80 philosophy tomestones + 40 mythology tomestones
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aylaine Gray
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    :O
    This is the kind of post I was looking for. My issue though is using DF for Praetorium will net a lot of story goers. I should just join a FC to do this faster, but I'm unsure on that part. Still, it's good to know about Amdapor. I want to start collecting the rarer tombstones too on the side, so I can save up for AF1

How do you gain access to Amdapor?

Thank you both again for the replies
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pork Gurpman
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Amdapor is without a doubt the fastest way to farm philosophy if you have a static group that knows what they are doing. My group can beat the place in an average time of 18 minutes, with our best time at 17:25. 80 philosophy and 40 mythology every ~20 minutes is insanely fast.

The bosses are easy, you're guaranteed armor that's better than AF, and you get a guaranteed accessory from one of the coffers (always the same one). You don't have to kill a single pack of trash if you know what you are doing.
    (3)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast