Player
    Character
    Ephier Samoht
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70

Machinist Opener

It would seem all the machinist skills have been listed on reddit (link provided below) and I came up with an opener to be that I would love to be critiqued so we can get started on MCN theory crafting.

(Raging Strikes)(blood for blood)HotShot(HawkEye)(X-POT)->LeadShot(Reload)(WildFire)->SplitShot(Quickreload)(GaussRound)->SlugShot(Ricochet)->CleanShot(Blank)(HeadGraze/SupressingFire)->SplitShot->Slugshot->CleanShot(RapidFire)->SplitShot->SlugShot->CleanShot

The opener attempts to load up as much burst damage into wild fire as possible before it goes off, the entire opener has no skills that need to be charged if I am reading the skills properly.

Depending on whether or not you can have a turret out idle the opener will change because Rook gives 5% physical damage up when under the effect of overcharge, but if you cannot pre place it before battle somethings in the opener will have to shift so I have not added it there yet.

Machinist skill descriptions (not mine, credits are at the bottom of the google doc).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...1K0/edit?pli=1
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zumo Bamu
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    I would throw Gauss Barrel in front since we will most like want to start with that up and then also throw in Quelling for completeness' sake. Should we also open with Reload before the encounter begins? I think I'm reading that ammo stacks fall off after 30 seconds but other than that it seems like it should be treated similarly to Aetherflow stacks.

The other thing is you forgot Reassemble (guaranteed crit) which seems like it would be best used with Gauss Round.
    (0)
    Zumo Bamu -- <Trade Federation> -- Malboro

Player
    Character
    Ephier Samoht
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumocano View Post
    I would throw Gauss Barrel in front since we will most like want to start with that up and then also throw in Quelling for completeness' sake. Should we also open with Reload before the encounter begins? I think I'm reading that ammo stacks fall off after 30 seconds but other than that it seems like it should be treated similarly to Aetherflow stacks.

The other thing is you forgot Reassemble (guaranteed crit) which seems like it would be best used with Gauss Round.
    The entire rotation is with gauss barrel equip. I should have put that. Ah. You are right will include it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ysandre Courcel
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    My own thoughts:

Immediately after tank hits, drop Bishop/Rook (Hypercharge). (Raging Strikes)(Blood For Blood) Hotshot (Hawkeye)(Dex Pot)->Lead Shot (Reload)(Wildfire)->Split Shot (Quick Reload)->Slug Shot (Reassemble)->Clean Shot (Quelling Strikes)->Split Shot (Blank)->Slug Shot ->Clean Shot->Gauss Barrel (Rapid Fire)->Split Shot (Gauss Round)->Slug Shot (Ricochet)->Clean Shot->Hot Shot->Lead Shot-~~~~~

Drop and hypercharge turret, buff up, Lead Shot and Wildfire. Reload/Quick Reload into two ammoed rounds of Split-Slug-Clean combo, Wildfire Proc. Weave in Blank and Suppressing Fire/Head Graze when appropriate to actually get use out of instead of merely using them for damage. I -think- you can drop into Gauss Barrel and still Rapid Fire out Split-Slug-Clean with no cast time before Hot Shot and Lead Shot expire, weaving in Gauss Round and Ricochet. After this, let your turret autoattack for you, re-up Hot Shot and Lead Shot, and just keep pounding out shots with Gauss.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cole Evyx
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I am severely disappointed the damage reductions are only 5% each.

That is such a low value it will barely be noticed. I am honestly disappointed with that. Double that was what I expected to be honest.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Height Error
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAegis View Post
    I am severely disappointed the damage reductions are only 5% each.

That is such a low value it will barely be noticed. I am honestly disappointed with that. Double that was what I expected to be honest.
    It's actually quite reasonable if it stacks with other damage reducing debuffs like Storm's Path or Dragon Kick.
    (0)