Page 11 of 607 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 511 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricauer View Post
    Heavy Thrust - Phlebotomize - Impulse Drive - Disembowel - Chaos Thrust
    x2 [True Strike - Vorpal Thrust - Full Thrust]
    Heavy Thrust - Phlebotomize
    [True Strike - Vorpal Thrust - Full Thrust]

Repeat. You'll need to add jumps and buffs between the combos but that's pretty much the perfect rotation. It's not as complicated like you make it seem. I wouldn't suggest taking Fracture because it's not really that good. Much better to run around with Internal Release, Bloodbath, Second Wind, Featherfoot and Mercy Stroke.
    It's exactly the rotation I'm usin. The timings are just perfect DoT wise, along with the usage of Internal Release. Also, things not really taken in account here is that you can break pretty much all the attack animations to benefit of a jump + auto attack in the 2.5 sec letdown and it does a difference.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seyon Masters
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Out of curiosity, how is that perfect? You do a 20s buff/debuff then do it again 10 sec later? You do a 30s dot then dont do it again for 37.5 sec, yet it's better than a rotation with higher pps and better uptimes?
    (0)

Oh I miss quoted

Im doin IDC / HT /TTT / P / TTT x2

Rince, repeat. Goal is to have P used when Chaos Thrust is at ~17 secs left (so you ll have both of them at 15 seconds left), and its perfectly scaled with x2 TTT. Meanwhile just break animations to use jumps and stuff because yeah, its pretty nice to have the basic jump attack hittin as hard as your full thrust, even if it's majorly RNG dependant (you ll crit thanks to Internal Release, or you won't !). Also Dive with buffs + power surge is pretty neat when you don't have your jump up.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sygmaelle; 09-08-2013 at 06:49 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ayvar Bjornstad
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygmaelle View Post
    Oh I miss quoted

Im doin IDC / HT /TTT / P / TTT x2
    If I'm reading your meaning correctly your moveset is:

IDC-H-TTT-P-TTT-TTT

If this is the case then your Heavy Thrust buff is down for 6 moves (it should be reapplied by the third true thrust) and your Phlebotomize DoT is down for 6 moves (it should be reapplied by the time you are performing the second Disembowel). The 2 move downtime of both Disembowel and Chaos Thrust isn't as big of an issue, but it isn't optimal. Also putting up Phlebotomize that late ignores the priority of the ability due to its potency. You want Phlebotomize up as quickly as you can since it's your most potent ability.

Quote Originally Posted by OniZame View Post
    starting dragoon.. after read 1st post make me rethink... lol -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangerousDangerous View Post
    I have issues with skill speed reducing the GCD and the over complexity of the class, along with way too many skills to use effectively given the macro system under preforms greatly.
    This has cropped up a little bit, but actually the thought process of the rotation isn't that complicated. You can essentially boil it down to a rotating cycle of three-move sets: HFP, IDC and TTT. You then have only three choices that dictate the next two moves directly after them. If you Heavy Thrust, you are going to be using Fracture and Phlebotomize, so really you just have to decide if you need to Heavy Thrust or not. If you Impulse Drive, you'll have to move into Disembowel-Chaos Thrust. If you True Thrust you have to complete the True-Vorpal-Full rotation. Here's my crappy paint version of how it works:

http://i.imgur.com/u5JCxVz.png

Though it takes some practice to get your fingers into the mindset of "okay, I just used Heavy Thrust so now I don't have to think about anything else for two moves since I know I'm using Phlebotomize then Fracture", it's actually quite a simple decision making process. Think of Heavy-Fracture-Phlebotmize as a combo just like IDC or TTT, if you hit that Heavy Thrust envision a little dotted-line highlight around Fracture followed by Phlebotomize.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ayvar; 09-08-2013 at 07:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Shin Senpai
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    Has anyone tried out macros for their combos? I want to use a macro for T-V-FT and ID-Dis-CT but I feel like there is a little delay in between each one despite using /wait 2.5.

Also, even if my recast time is 2.41s and I use /wait 2.41, the rest of the combo won't come out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Drogan Firesong
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinSenpai View Post
    Has anyone tried out macros for their combos? I want to use a macro for T-V-FT and ID-Dis-CT but I feel like there is a little delay in between each one despite using /wait 2.5.

Also, even if my recast time is 2.41s and I use /wait 2.41, the rest of the combo won't come out.
    the macro will round up to 3 seconds if it's .5 or higher, or round down to 2 if its .4 or lower
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vel Aryut
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    So I did some parsing yesterday while I was asleep, because I wanted to know what the base miss chance was. I unequipped all my items and found myself a lance with no +acc, and set myself to autoattack on a striking dummy. Next morning I wake up to some strange results, with 10500 attacks and 0 misses. I was on the level 50 striking dummy, attacking from behind. Can you not miss the striking dummies or can you not miss while attacking from behind?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seyon Masters
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    unfortunately that doesnt prove either :-/. What i would say would be mostly likely is that it is because you are hitting a level 50. I do not miss mobs in dungeons, only bosses who are level ??. Even then i rarely miss. Of course that is just speculation.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vel Aryut
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by xyaie View Post
    unfortunately that doesnt prove either :-/. What i would say would be mostly likely is that it is because you are hitting a level 50. I do not miss mobs in dungeons, only bosses who are level ??. Even then i rarely miss. Of course that is just speculation.
    I didn't necessarily think that I had proved either of those things, I was just wondering if someone who had done more extensive testing knew the answer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Warsmith Citadel
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 28
    Very helpful thread so far. Thanks everyone!
    (0)
    REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

Page 11 of 607 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 511 ... LastLast