Player
    Character
    Cherryana Sugartoes
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Paladin/Warrior tanking tips

paladin which starts off as a gladiator will be your end game tank for tanking hard hitting major boss's,although until you hit lvl 40 as paladin to get shield oath you will struggle a bit to hold agro specialy if the healer is spamming heals and the dps is spamming abilities.from what you get given other than spamming flash which quickly depleats your MP you have no other way of keeping hold of multiple enemys,as paladins designed for tanking single targets,at lvl 1-39 before getting shield oath it is a pain to re-aquire aggro

(warrior),great for off tanking adds and keeping hold of them.even though they do a lot more damage tanking than a paladin will,they do take considerably more damage than a paladin will,dispite warriors health leeching abilitys and other traits,but for 1-39 they make a lot better tanks for dungeons for the time being as they don't lose agro so easily and have AOE attacks to keep ahold of multiple enemy as well as damaging them,
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cherryana Sugartoes
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    warrior 1-39
    paladin 40-50

paladin is recommended for end game tanking but warrior is great for tanking until paladin gets the ability it needs to be able to tank effectively which they get at lvl 40
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lil Cairn
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Tips or your opinions?
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Cherryana Sugartoes
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    facts and a guide for the current state of tanks right now because numbers and % don't lie
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enzo Cadmus
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 48
    I love that there is discussion about something other than the f-ing servers!
    I'm not a tank currently (although creating a secondary MRD) but I appreciate them seeing as how my progression in the game relies on them! Make sure to follow these tips!!!
    My party lost brayflox five times because we had a tank who didnt know what they were doing, kept attacking multiple enemies and throwing aggro on the whole party!!! Super sucks!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Patrick Gasiorowski
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 21
    Some ppl don't know how to tank but those who know if they do there job and still die they blame the tank for them dieing that's what gets me mad
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sweaterpuppy Normandy
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 22
    Very frustrating trying to tank as a Glad right now. I'm only 22 but I am having a rough time with more than 2 enemies. As soon as a dps hits one or a healer crit heals that's it for my aggro and I have to shield toss to try to get it back. Its good to know that as a Paladin I will be getting an ability to help in the get aggro on many enemies department.
    Also a tip for the dps, it helps if your target is also the tanks target.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Treblah Yrahcaz
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheonix View Post
    Also a tip for the dps, it helps if your target is also the tanks target.
    I really haven't been able to play much but the marking system should help to let parties know which order they should kill/attack/cc/ignore and don't forget you can add those to a hotbar to make it much faster to mark targets just in case someone didn't know just make sure people know you are marking when you start the run it should make things easier(not speaking from experience as a tank on FFXIV)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lenneth Valhalla
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Hey I've been reading in some sites that Dex helps increase block rate chance, is this true and would you suggest putting some bonus stat points in it? I also have no idea how to build my paladin, does mind effect anything for paladin besides healing potency. Should i even bother Lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sterrmann Opf'goht
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    As athe gladiator/pally, I find that rotating betweent targets helps a lot in conjunction with flash and provoke. I start off like this:

1. Mark enemies from affar
    2. Use shield lob, causing the enemy group first hate toward me.
    3. Use flash on mob.
    4. Fast blade target one.
    5. Savage blade target two.
    6. Rage of halone on target three.
    7. Flash again.

Thats my initial rotation.

From here i use shield lob/flash/provoke/enmity combos accordingly.

My question, is it considered noobish to even loose aggro even if you immediately get the hate back?
    (6)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast