Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Patrick Gasiorowski
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 21
    It does not matter cause when there 3 mobs they split if if you mark them and attack the healers and then the healers get all mad cause you do every thing right and try they died and they say that your a bad tank it the matter of having the right party to complete
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Patrick Gasiorowski
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 21
    The right way of rotation for the tank that's all
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lemon Nate
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    It's just your opinion. I'm having a much easier time tanking Titan than the PLD in my FC when I go as MNK and that is single target. Also PLDs that only flash at the start of the battle without actually applying rotation damage is bad player, not because PLD is made for single target tanking. Even as WAR, I don't spam overpower cause it costs too much TP for its own good and I never lost aggro.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Layla Bell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    It's always the people not doing end game that start these threads.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cherryana Sugartoes
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosito View Post
    As athe gladiator/pally, I find that rotating betweent targets helps a lot in conjunction with flash and provoke. I start off like this:

1. Mark enemies from affar
    2. Use shield lob, causing the enemy group first hate toward me.
    3. Use flash on mob.
    4. Fast blade target one.
    5. Savage blade target two.
    6. Rage of halone on target three.
    7. Flash again.

Thats my initial rotation.

From here i use shield lob/flash/provoke/enmity combos accordingly.

My question, is it considered noobish to even loose aggro even if you immediately get the hate back?
    this does not work so well ive tested it
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cherryana Sugartoes
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by klops View Post
    It's always the people not doing end game that start these threads.
    and you are not very bright to understand that end game is not all of the game,you have to get to 50 before you can do that, and at lower lvl's 1-39 paladins have issues, but rushing through the game to get to 50 you wouldn't notice this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1

Pre-endgame Paladin and Warrior from a White Mage's view.

I just lost my post... urghn!

Pre-end game dungeons (no I'm a Poor Keep or Primal Hard modes), this has been my observation.

Warrior has synergy with AoE damage dealers. I have less MP after the encounter, but the encounter ends sooner. The encounter becomes trickier if there are single target damage dealers involved as after the initial target, if they stray from the Warrior's target, they may end up pulling enmity and requiring Cure IIs to keep them afloat instead of just Cure + Regen and/or Stoneskin + Regen tactics on the tank. If that happens, my MP is usually shot by the end of the encounter.

Paladin has synergy with crowd control. With the crowd control and the Shield Oath damage mitigation, along with the other mitigation abilities, I tend to have a lot more MP toward the end of the fight. This gives me a lot more breathing room to heal people and if things are looking solid, will Cleric's Stance and start rocking the enemy for a few rounds. This style flies out the window if the party does not use crowd control OR AoE attacks are made, breaking crowd control tactics. Things pick up after level 40 for Paladins, thank the Twelve for Shield Oath.

Both seem just as capable in single target enmity, but must be played differently. I've been playing with a Warrior who uses their self-healing abilities in advance, allowing me to keep up my MP and giving them the opportunity to use the self-healing abilities several times during a fight. Where the Paladin would need to anticipate the move and use his/her defensive abilities to mitigate the damage up front. So to me for single-target tanking it's:

Paladins anticipate the big attack, use defensive ability to take less damage.
    Warriors get hit by the big attack, use self-recovery ability to recover from damage.

If neither tank uses these abilities, then I will have less MP during the fight. We still succeed and I think y'all will too. But these have been my observations so far pre-50 instances (aside from Castrum Meridian and Wanderer's Palace) as a conjurer and white mage. Hope that helps some.
    (4)
    Last edited by Fiosha_Maureiba; 09-04-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Toshiro Takamura
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Okay, so here my thoughts on this. First, I've been adapting to new system on my Pld since I came from 1.0 alrdy 50 Pld. I've been doing all main story missions and raids on it to know in's and out of my job. I also have War 50 and honestly 1-39 on War could work but Pld is better. I've tanked on Pld way easier from the 1-39 raids, You just got to know how to work with the new system. Flash is you best friend with multiple enemies, Pld is no longer a single enemy tank like in 1.0 so I'm not sure what people are talking about. I use flash twice at beginning and enemies are mine. During battle I'll throw flash up again and use rampart which seems to still give you hate. Also pulling with Shield Lob works, it gives you extra enmity which doesn't hurt at all. Also MP is np, after spamming my hate combo for a while if i need MP we have MP Regen combo we can start spamming. Few time I've had to use it and only during lower lvl raids.
    (0)
    The Cow says.... Moo~

Player
    Character
    Toshiro Takamura
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    So to put into a list as to how I pull groups in raids and engage is:
    1) Throw up Stoneskin
    2) Pull enemy you gonna attack first with Shield Lob.
    3) Once group around your use flash (From my experience 1-39 raids 2 times at beginning, 40-50 3-4 times)
    4) Mark your enemy
    5) Use Rampart & Fight or Flight
    6) during battle throw flash around

I always spam Hate combo on main mob thats a given, and I save voke for in case a rouge melee decides to attack another enemy or if Healer gets hate. Seriously I'm having such an easy time tanking on Pld. If you take it lightly or don't pay attention to hate you gonna suck. Other then that it's also about team work. There is no reason for others to attack other mobs Pld isn't attacking, you asking for wipe like that. and it takes A LOT for a healer to take hate from me. Like I can count how many times it's happen and always it was cause I wasn't paying attention.
    (1)
    The Cow says.... Moo~

Player
    Character
    Layla Bell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDuck View Post
    and you are not very bright to understand that end game is not all of the game,you have to get to 50 before you can do that, and at lower lvl's 1-39 paladins have issues, but rushing through the game to get to 50 you wouldn't notice this.
    Spam flash and tab-target savage blade. You are even given provoke as early as level 22.

PS. I did every dungeon while leveling, so how wouldn't I notice it exactly?
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast