Player
    Character
    Yenn Sylph
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80

Item level requirements for dungeons

I think this might be needed, in the future.

We're currently seeing a lot of fresh level 50s entering the duty finder for Amdapor Keep. This dungeon drops item level 60 gear, and is obviously intended to be run by players who have already acquired some gear from Wanderer's Palace, which drops item level 55 gear.

As a result, runs end up being extremely hard and boss fights barely won, because these players don't have the gear required to handle them.

I think it would improve the quality of the game for everyone if item level restrictions were placed on duty finder dungeons at 50.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Roentgen Ray
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I definitely agree here. I'm getting a large majority of DPS in duty finder groups for keep that do not have the gear to be able to handle this dungeon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinketsu Moruketsu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 54
    Forgive my off-topic question, but the only way I've seen to check what an item level is, is when you are wearing a weapon and save your current gear set. Is there a way to check iLvls beyond simply what the game marks on its gear sets for your weapon?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Koga Dragontaker
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    From my experience it is not an issue of the gear it is more the skill of the player. The tank's gear will play the biggest role, but as with all its about player skill and working together.

I have pugged and done FC groups, and an FC group of just hit 50's in AF's and whites and things ran smooth, but pugs where all have run things and have better gear are horrible. Some stuff really isn't meant for the DF (if you want quick smooth runs) and this is what FC and Friends lists are for. Queueing with 2 or 3 friends (more for 8man stuff) will almost always lead to a better run then having all randoms.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yenn Sylph
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by KogaDrake View Post
    From my experience it is not an issue of the gear it is more the skill of the player. The tank's gear will play the biggest role, but as with all its about player skill and working together.

I have pugged and done FC groups, and an FC group of just hit 50's in AF's and whites and things ran smooth, but pugs where all have run things and have better gear are horrible. Some stuff really isn't meant for the DF (if you want quick smooth runs) and this is what FC and Friends lists are for. Queueing with 2 or 3 friends (more for 8man stuff) will almost always lead to a better run then having all randoms.
    It can be downed with skilled players (which most at 50 are not), but the issue that it isn't a smooth kill is still there. There will be many times where a tank nearly dies, or DPS barely get it down in time. It just takes one bad RNG for it to turn into a wipe.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yenn Sylph
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinketsu View Post
    Forgive my off-topic question, but the only way I've seen to check what an item level is, is when you are wearing a weapon and save your current gear set. Is there a way to check iLvls beyond simply what the game marks on its gear sets for your weapon?
    It's in the tool tip, above the requirements.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tori Yasa
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Stupid question, but I need Ampdapor Keep to unlock my iLevel 55 weapons (Grand Company).

If Ampdapor keep drops iLevel 60, isn't the progression kind of backwards? I'd be doing an iLevel 60 dungeon to unlock iLevel 55 benefits.

I heard Wanderer's Palace also drops iLevel 55 weapons, but it still seems kind of silly.

I'd be doing Wanderer's Palace (Darklight Weapons, iLevel 55) to run Ampdapor keep (iLevel 60) to unlock the ability to buy Grand Company stuff (more iLevel 55).

I'm kind of confused on the order I'm supposed to be gearing up in. Can anyone sort out for me what end game content I should be doing first? I'm in full Artifact with an iLevel 46 weapon that I want to upgrade. Aurum Vale didn't drop anything for me, but should I be looking there for a new weapon before I even touch Wanderer's Palace?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nala Valsharess
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    You absolutely do not need any pieces from wanderers palace for ampador, I don't think it would make a difference at all.

Almost all the fights come down to execution, there are time limits on demon wall & the final boss but they're incredibly generous. For example I've solo dpsed wall down in Ilvl 50 AF gear and garbage jewelry after the other damage dealer died as the last bee was killed.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tori Yasa
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    So basically, the Palace and Keep are both entry level endgame 4-mans to focus on before going into primals? Does getting ilevel 60 stuff ampdapor's keep (from what I've read) make Wanderer's palace unnecessary if you can clear it? Or do they both have different loot tables that you'll want something from both?

And also, do they both drop Tomes for Darklight gear? Do you farm either for just the tomes or is there actual loot you'll want to get your hands on and gear up with?

Sorry for the multiple questions. I'm just trying to figure out my starting point in endgame.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yenn Sylph
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Wanderer's Palace is unnecessary if you can clear Amdapor Keep. However, you get the materials to craft some relic weapons and pre-Ifrit weapons from Wanderer's Palace.

I'm also having serious trouble with Garuda because of the lack of item level requirement. I'm getting groups full of DPS in AF and white items who can't pull enough DPS to kill the sisters before they shriek.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast