Player
    Character
    Orbys Draconis
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50

Forced to join a guild?

Currently I am a medical student and I dont have a lot of time to play like the old days, but when I get a chance you sure as hell believe i will be on. However, I dont want to, nor can I live on a gaming schedule.

I want to play the game fully in time, including dungeons and what not, but am I going to be forced to join some guild to do so? I just want to log in when I can, do some quests, and maybe hit up a dungeon without having to live on a guilds raid schedule or something.

is it possible to fully experience this game as a solo player... ?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zdine Gliadvor
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 26
    yes you can play solo if you want all the way to lvl 50 for all your classes. endgame is where you will probably need to join an LS or FC to do those types of dungeons
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Olclessiy Yolmathaer
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    It's possible but there are times when you need a group /party at end game events. But from what I hear people are always shouting for a group /party for that type of stuff. So just make or join a party for that specific thing. You don't have to join a guild.
    (0)

Character
    Noel Kreiss
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdine View Post
    yes you can play solo if you want all the way to lvl 50 for all your classes. endgame is where you will probably need to join an LS or FC to do those types of dungeons
    Not really. Every dungeon can be done by DF.
    So I mean...you don't really have to say a word in this game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orbys Draconis
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    What does being a medical student have to do with FF Raids lol? Its just that I have played other games, some you could solo play, others practically forced you to join large guilds or you could never do most of the later content. I was just hoping later I would be able to just join up with a random group to do dungeons, rather then being forced into a large size guild with raid schedules, which seems is quite possible.

For the record I am in school to be a Radiologist.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Osprey Soulfreer
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 14
    Following the storyline will lead you to a selection of a Grand Company but this is just for what quests are available from npcs after and will have an effect later on which side you are on for pvp when it is added.
    There is no necessity in joining a Free Company or player made guild at all for the game although, many will be set up for casual players like you to just get on when you can and have fun playing. You may even find other people with as demanding a schedule as you that also want to see as much as the game as possible.
    It is sometimes nice to have a large group of people on your team to help make groups for higher content as well as to have someone there to answer questions that may come up. It cuts down on how many jerks you have to deal with for sure. It also will help you avoid the constant blind invites sent your way.
    Anyways, or anyroads as appears quite often now, hope you found the answer you were looking for and have fun in the game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shu'on Vana'diel
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    at this moment, all party based activities are initiated (or could be initiated) via the dutu finder, which automatically groups u up with ppl across all other servers. so, at this moment, you dont have to join any guilds to do the important contents.

i'm a law student and i understand your plight. but so far it's been really friendly on schedules. i would come home, log in, do a few story quests and a dungeon and log off (ye, ridill had been easy to log in until the weekend).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Talion Dracht
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Yea the DF makes it so you don't have to join a guild, but let me try and sell you on guilds lol...

1. Depending on your role, the DF could take over an hour to find you a group.

2. When you finally get that group, running with random people means some jerk may just bail the second you get in, and since you can't invite a new person in, you gotta re Q for it.

3.Guilds offer bonuses if I have been informed correctly, something about the level of the guild.

4.Guild members become your friends, even if your only on every so often, you do get to know them and most the time you end up liking a few folks and having good convos.

5.Team mates get familiar with each others play style. This ensures a smoother run through dungeons etc..

Just my thoughts, good luck.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    You could always join a casual free company. There are tons of them that don't mind people who can't log in all the time and if you are always busy it's better to have a group of people you can pull from when duty finder is being stingy. My FC is literally just friends and friends-of-friends doing their own thing and gathering together whenever any dungeon or boss fight needs to be done.

Free Company doesn't mean a hardcore raiding guild, all it is is a group of people that get bonuses for being in said group.
    (0)