Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Portfolio Moa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 33
    I really hope that the next patch is doing something against this. I mean I did a carpenter leeve today and I needed 9 walnut lumber for it. Thats 27 walnut logs. Now a botanist gets an average of 300xp for each walnut log thats around 8100xp. Now as Carpenter I got 2k xp for crafting each piece of lumber thats 18k xp. Then I got another 5k xp for crafting the final product for the leeve. Thats another 45k xp. The leeve reward itself was another 60k xp (not calculating HQ here). So to sum it up:

Botanist: 8100xp
    Carpenter: 123000xp

Now crafting these items takes a bit longer than gathering the logs but still the amount of xp a crafter can get is just crazy. So on one hand Botanists level very slow compared to crafters (even with leeves) and on the other hand nothing is really worth it to farm since Botanists spam the market with lots of items noone really needs. They spam the market because it takes too long to level. And as shown above crafters just need a few items to get massive xp.

I also noticed that as weaver. Flax and cotton is very cheap but diremite web and fleece is damn expensive since supply doesn't exceed demand on these items.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cyce Redux
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    I won't lie it was tedious but being 50 in fishing, mining, botany...is so satisfying. I hit 50 in all crafts first with mining and fishing at 50 then I had botany left at 35...it wasn't really that bad tbh. 45-50 I used my leftover leves. 47-50 took about 8-10 leves a level. If they change it...too many people will be max level too easily. Already an abundance of 50's gathering unspoiled nodes on my server imagine if leveling DOL was as easy as crafting...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lyein Elheim
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorSugarbear View Post
    So true. Make it too easy and the class is pointless because everyone will have maxed it. They should make it fun though, like a minigame or qte or something.
    We had a minigame/ QTE in 1.0. People complained and they took it out. Now you just... select your item.

I agree that something needs to be added in to interrupt the grind. DoL FATEs /FATE involvement is getting thrown around, I'm liking that idea.

And to the people who say to just pick up a survival book from the GC, that isn't really valid to someone who isn't a heavy DoW/DoM player. You get seals from supply/provisions only and I certainly haven't been able to put together seals fast enough to keep my DoL's under the book effects.
    (0)

Greetings,

The development team is aware that the experience points awarded to botanists and miners is somewhat lower than what is awarded to fishers. As such, during the Hot Fix that will take place next week, we will be increasing the experience earned gained by these two classes.
    (73)
    Robert "Hvinire" Peeler - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Kael Elenion
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    Greetings,

The development team is aware that the experience points awarded to botanists and miners is somewhat lower than what is awarded to fishers. As such, during the Hot Fix that will take place next week, we will be increasing the experience earned gained by these two classes.
    I love you. I shall now go find a love child and you can have it.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Dno Sensei
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Can I ask a stupid question. How do you make money off fishing? is it food or what?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Phogg Machine
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Fishing supplies crafting materials mainly to cooking and alchemy classes.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kluya Heiral
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Greetings,

THANK YOU. These last 5 levels of miner are murdering me inside and out
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kelvani Avendur
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    This is good news. Will it be retroactively applied or just towards future experience earned?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Caelan Ward
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Greetings,

Does the team think those who have already leveled botany and mining to 50 should be compensated in some way? Because I'd bet a lot the miners/botanists feel as such.
    (4)

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast