Player
    Character
    Cuore Mist
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90

Luminary tools and crafting with them

I just finished getting my Gavel of the Luminary and can't help but be a little disappointed. It's not the stats, after all it is really just a vanity item so people shouldn't feel the need to have it.
    When you use the Class Quest acquired tool to craft, you get a special desk as opposed to the old wooden thing you get when crafting with anything else. With Luminary (GSM at least), you still get the same wooden desk as you get with a standard Lv.1 tool. Please adjust this tool (and the others if the issue is the same with those) to at least have the same desk as you have with the quested tool.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    That fancy wooden desk is an off hand recipe. It has nothing to do with main hand tool.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Duke Burden
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I have my Axe of the Luminary on my Botanist and it shares the model of a standard axe but it's PURE GOLD! Idk if crafting tools have anything like this that makes them pop out but I've definetly turned a few heads. That's worth it in my opinion regardless of same stats.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Maku Haikasu
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksenia View Post
    That fancy wooden desk is an off hand recipe. It has nothing to do with main hand tool.
    They are? I figured they just came with the tool. I only have the weaver one so no desk but if it is an off hand recipe where do you equip it?
    (0)
    可愛い悪魔

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Maku View Post
    They are? I figured they just came with the tool. I only have the weaver one so no desk but if it is an off hand recipe where do you equip it?
    It's the Militia tools. Equip like normal but try different recipes. Some bring up the main hand, some bring up the off hand. I don't know what ones are what. I had a big elaborate desk one for a low level Alchemy recipe a few times. I'm pretty sure Culinarian has a pretty elaborate off hand as well. Weaver spinning wheel looks pretty close to the 1.00 version, nothing special.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    No. The OP is correct. The fancy table is tied to your mainhand. Only the Lv50 class-quest tool has the fancy table (except WVR, 'cause they don't get a table), whereas the luminary shares the same boring table as every other mainhand tool.

Offhands all share the same boring table (if applicable - WVR/GSM/ALC don't get offhand tables). The most you'll get from militia tools is a simple pallet swap, but the table will not change, and that can be said of any offhand, so it's not really worth saying.

Certain crafts use the offhand tool, others uses the mainhand tool. You'll only ever see the fancy table on the mainhand synths (or if you unequip the offhand).

I am a little confused why this is in the DoL section, though.
    (4)
    Last edited by Raldo; 11-30-2013 at 02:22 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Not going to argue but I have seen a table set up once while crafting and I was using the 48 main hand, a militia off hand. That's why I drew the conclusion it was off hand.
    (0)
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1445972/