Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Siveria Starfire
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

The hell was square thinking with mining/botanist.

Why do these 2 jobs feel like the most massive grind I have ever done in a mmorpg in recent years? I mean I think the exp per hit needs to be alot higher, because my friend with fishing can get like 6000 exp for 1 hq fish, and he gets it obscenly often, meanwhile we get way less than that for an hq. Any plans to fix this? because these 2 classes just level ungodly slow.

Its not so much its slow its more the fact how stupidly boring it is to level them. Anyway Any tips other than do leve's leves don't help all that much, I mean they do help but meh.
    (39)

Player
    Character
    Eric Sciffer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 67
    I think it's more to the fact there's not much we can do.

I don't know about fishing, but in Hand classes there's so much you can do to improve quality, which results in a much higher XP reward and an interesting experience trying to decide how to reach the highest quality possible.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Siveria Starfire
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Yeah I think they need to up the exp given per successful gather by 50-75% per hit, just to make it alot less tedious.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Siveria Starfire
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Also here, is proof my friend is a lv 25 fisher and he hit a hq fish then mooched it, adding this one catch up he got close to 14000 exp. http://gyazo.com/4dd11046858f7f89430a7debf75b7463 I would have to hit over 20 HQ hits in a row to even get close to that.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Dyaa Kimdar
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I leveled all three gathering classes at the same time, so I had a lot of time to look at, and study, this. From what I saw, the xp gained for an NQ fish is "roughly" the same as a single node from the other classes - ASSUMING you actually hit all four times. The same is true for HQ - ASSUMING you actually hit HQ all four times. We also need to assume levels between fish and other gathered items are equal.

One problem is those assumptions. Any gatherer knows you almost never hit all four times without help from your skills. And getting all four HQ hits? Since base HQ chance seems to be capped at 15%, it's almost impossible. On the right node, with the right skills, I think the highest you can get it is 50% (for all four hits).

Another problem is the actual gathering success rate. Fish are "almost" guaranteed if you're using the right bait/lure - even if the fish is 5 levels above you. If the other two classes try to gather something 5 levels above them, they face a success rate of around 50% - give or take.

The reasoning for the disparity (although I don't agree with it) is the in-game, player-made economy. Squeenix found in the betas that gatherers were getting too many items (more gathering attempts, and no HQ cap if I remember right), so they took measures to "fix" it. They didn't want the markets to be flooded with gathered items. But fishing was NEVER meant to have an impact on the economy, so the constraints are relaxed. You can't really compare fishing xp to the other classes' for just that reason.

I said I don't agree with the reasoning because it's really nothing more than a band-aid. The in-game, player-made economy WILL fail. It's just a matter of time. The things they did to DoL will just delay it a bit. I could go into why I make that assertion, but I feel it's beyond the scope of this response. I really just wanted to pass on my observations as they related to your experience.
    (25)
    Last edited by TH4C; 08-31-2013 at 04:02 PM. Reason: character limit

Player
    Character
    Eric Sciffer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 67
    I see. So fishing is that fast because it did not receive the same nerfs the Land professions received on the last beta.

Personally I think they applied the band-aid wrong. They should have increased the number of items required per craft (only the Land-gathered items) to increase demand rather than limit supply and basically kill the perception stat and all the fun you could have maximizing it for a faster leveling experience that comes from a higher HQ yield.

It might achieve its result in a different way, by making less people bother to level a Land class simultaneously and just purchase from the player-run economy.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Waliel Hla
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I got around 10k xp per minute for fishing without any HQ hits, and it took me from 49 to 50 in about 50 minutes without any leves.
    (0)

Yoshi-P is doing his best and is patching Endwalker. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Player
    Character
    Apollo Sieghart
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    No they are fine as they are. Even at rank 45+, each level takes around 3,5-4hours of constant grind. This is not that much tbh, but it is indeed tedious. It does feel grindy etc etc, but having access to the rare high leveled materials is a great reward for it.

If everyone could cap those in a day, the gatherer's economy would turn into a mess.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Dorion Nightwalker
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    DoL gathering was more involved and less find node > press enter repeatedly back in 1.0 but they got rid of that. Presumably because some loud people didn't like it.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Eric Sciffer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 67
    That huge amount of grind creates an equally big supply which the crafting professions consume to level in a much faster process. You get like two stacks of a material to level one mining level and use it to level 3 or more profession levels (numbers aren't really exact, but you get the idea).
    (0)
    Last edited by Danieros; 09-01-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast