Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Vile Sin
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 30
    I just feel sorry for the miners and botanists without a second screen.

Netflix gets me through all the crafting and gathering I've done. (Which admittedly is a tad slower than without Netflix but far less mind numbing)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pwna Graphic
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    I'm actually surprised at how fast I've leveled Miner. I usually only level it when I'm bored, or tired of doing end game and I usually jump 3 levels in a few short hours and it's easy to do that with all the rested XP I have + the leves. I could probably easily take it to 50 from 34 by this Friday, or even earlier, if I really wanted too.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Heal Bus
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by VileSin View Post
    I just feel sorry for the miners and botanists without a second screen.

Netflix gets me through all the crafting and gathering I've done. (Which admittedly is a tad slower than without Netflix but far less mind numbing)
    If your screen is wide enough you can always just make the game very small and have a tv show running next to it. Granted it isn't elegant or pretty but you do get used to it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Snuggles Unicorn
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
    I'm actually surprised at how fast I've leveled Miner. I usually only level it when I'm bored, or tired of doing end game and I usually jump 3 levels in a few short hours and it's easy to do that with all the rested XP I have + the leves. I could probably easily take it to 50 from 34 by this Friday, or even earlier, if I really wanted too.
    You're going to burn at least 10~ leves per level after 40, and a level will take around 4~ hours of straight grinding. Some of the stretches (36-41) don't give anything valuable.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adathain Skyrender
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I only just hit 23 in mining tonight and I can already see the grind is going to be a joyous one. Without my second screen I would have given up already. A boost in the exp would go a long way to make it slightly less tedious. It's starting to creep it's way up to matching FATE's for excitement level.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Willy Beaming
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    You realize fsh could be leveled from 1-50 in a couple hours if you saved your leves and had a freind fish alot of HQ fish, I never see miner or bot hitting 100k XP on multi turn in leves, you can literally go from 49-50 in 2 leves with fsh if you have the HQ fish
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Asha Peake
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 41
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    Yeah let's make it easier so everyone can level it to 50 in 2-3 days and destroy the economy...
    In WoW you could level your gatherer craft in a day... the market was fine.

Not that I necessarily agree that it needs to be faster to level. I just think this argument is stupid. The market wouldn't tank, it would adjust.

Besides, how is it in any way better for the economy to be flooded with tons of stacks of items that no one needs? To get every 5 levels on my botanist I get at least 10-20 stacks of items that no one has a use for (not enough crafters to create demand). Personally, I think the slow grind of the gatherers is causing more harm to the economy that just having them all at 50 would - at least then they'd be done with it and only use it for stuff with actual demand or to supply their own crafts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Please Relax
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyris View Post
    Why do these 2 jobs feel like the most massive grind I have ever done in a mmorpg in recent years? I mean I think the exp per hit needs to be alot higher, because my friend with fishing can get like 6000 exp for 1 hq fish, and he gets it obscenly often, meanwhile we get way less than that for an hq. Any plans to fix this? because these 2 classes just level ungodly slow.

Its not so much its slow its more the fact how stupidly boring it is to level them. Anyway Any tips other than do leve's leves don't help all that much, I mean they do help but meh.
    Lol you have no idea what a grind is do you? These 2 jobs are not tedious or time consuming, and if it is so boring for you, then they are not the jobs for you. It was twice as hard to level these back in pre ARR, and we still had less people crying about it...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jubei Murata
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 83
    Quote Originally Posted by TohruHonda View Post
    Lol you have no idea what a grind is do you? These 2 jobs are not tedious or time consuming, and if it is so boring for you, then they are not the jobs for you. It was twice as hard to level these back in pre ARR, and we still had less people crying about it...
    Ok, we get it, 1.0 was a steaming pile of crap which you and some others ate up but it's irrelevant to ARR. It's a grind, plain and simple, and I have no clue how you can say it's not time consuming or tedious because my watched list on Netflix would beg to differ.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alexander Dragonfang
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    We need better leves.
    And leves that we can turn in with our gathering just as crafters and fisher classes.

We dont have leves to level actually, if you use them, you gain barely better exp than pure grinding at the cost of losing any kind of material. That`s the mayor issue right now with miners and botanist.
    (1)

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast