Player
    Character
    Fuz Rush
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DNO View Post
    Can I ask a stupid question. How do you make money off fishing? is it food or what?
    You don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvani View Post
    This is good news. Will it be retroactively applied or just towards future experience earned?
    Don't count on it.
    (1)

Player

This is such a stupid change.

The game hasn't even been out for two whole months and there are already many people with both Miner and Botanist at level 50 and you guys think that making it even quicker to reach level cap necessary?

Instead of making Miner and Botanist even more pointless by making it super easy to level you guys should have focused more on making crafting and gathering classes worth a damn at endgame instead of borderline useless.

And no, having DoH craft furniture for housing isn't the way to do it. DoH and DoL need to be important to get endgame equipment. At the very least endgame gear needs to be meldable.
    (9)
    Last edited by Gilthas; 10-11-2013 at 04:32 AM.

Player
    Character
    Caelan Ward
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthas View Post
    DoH and DoL need to be important to get endgame equipment. At the very least endgame gear needs to be meldable.
    They are, and it is. Look into double star recipes. They're usually better than darklight if you meld them right.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Feylan Raha
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvani View Post
    Will it be retroactively applied
    Obviously not.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Fuz View Post
    You don't.
    I may not make hundreds of thousands of gil, but there's definitely a market for certain fish. I like to listen to my morning radio talk show while fishing. Does me just fine.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sable Swan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I knew mining and botany were destined for a nerf as soon as I hit my 40s and noticed that the exp didn't scale for poop compared to the way the exp required to level was going up. I was okay with that eventuality. What makes it sting is how quickly they're doing it. I figured I had at least until 2.1 to enjoy the fruits of my labor (though I have to share it with all these bots), but the game's barely two months old and they're already breaking out the stepstools.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ice Beam
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 17
    This is great and all but gdi I spent all last week grinding my BTN.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lyein Elheim
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Adding more 50's to the top shouldn't destroy the market. In fact, I'm hoping this change makes things better. As it stands we are pretty much forced to flood the market with huge quantities of high-level items just to level up. So much in fact that I could never imagine going back to mine more spinel to sell for profit; I'm having a hard enough time unloading what I had to grind out. A 50 can look at the whole market and go pull up whatever people need on the market; I don't care if I'm pulling latex instead of cobalt ore if the latex pays 80 for the cobalt's 20.

If the market gets less forced saturation then we'll have the option to go provide a supply to an existing demand. The risk though... is that easing the grind will attract more people to DoL that otherwise wouldn't have touched it. So where does the balance fall? Less supply from each person but more people adding to the supply... I really hope this brings the supply down so the prices can go up a little more.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Temujin Borjigin
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    45 on both and was perfectly fine with grinding out the rest, I just want shards quicker, that is mind numbing even with the level 30 +1 yield nodes and a ward active.
    (2)

Player
    started Ul'Dah, prefer Grid, FC House in Lim
    Character
    Party Boy
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    grinding gathering classes is the least enjoyable aspect of this game, a friend of mine already quit because he felt it was such a necessary time sink. i welcome any nerfing as it relates to bringing items into the markets
    (0)

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast