Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Character
    Van Dark
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

I can’t ignore this anymore! Something should be done about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vandark View Post
    Bring Back The Buts!

It's the buts guys the buts look funny!

Quote Originally Posted by EmiliM View Post
    Personally, the butt reduction doesn't bother me that much since most of the time I'm not running around in my swimsuit or undies. The posture bugs me somewhat though. A lot of people probably noticed this too when playing with the character creation benchmark.

The miqo'tes got this slouched look that is exacerbated by the butt reduction.

I understand it's a design decision (maybe it makes them more "cat-like" or something), but sometimes I really want to yell "stop slouching, stand up straight girl!" at my character. This is probably related to the whole pelvis thing that others are talking about.

AFAIK, all character models were "simplified" during the transition from 1.0 to 2.0, the reason why miqo'te females got all the attention is because their posture made the problem seem worse than it is for other races.

Not really making a point or complaining, just an observation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably the last point I want to make about the current shape we have is this.

Added Edits in Blue Highlighted Text

I've owned the story, max leveled all jobs including the new + now obtained my Relic weapon and I find myself spamming the same dungeons over and over like every other MMO that exists out there.

A game with this much spam, solo play, repetitiveness, this game needs very appealing characteristics visually or I'm going to continue to enjoy ARR on a much lower scale than 1.23.

FEMALE MIQUO'TE CHARACTER MODELS NEED AN ADJUSTMENT!
    Other character models could also use some improvement in there lower region.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiken View Post
    I want my Character to look sexy, but not the kind that make you look like a stripper showing big boob and huge ass. I'm just trying to prove my point, and if you are into those kind of stuff you are playing the wrong game to begin with anyway. A nicer firm Ass would be nice on the Character, but before you pointed out those flaws, I didn't even notice it and I'm pretty sure not a lot did or care about it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaddix View Post
    My gf plays a mithra in ARR and she hates how her character has no behind. It gets mentioned to me quite often especially when she gets some new piece of equipment that just makes it more obvious that they have no butt at all. It looks very strange, it's much worse than the too-long necks on the elv. I have no idea why you feel compelled to come in this thread and argue against the point of the OP which is simply that the female shape in ARR sucks compared to 1.0.

Nobody ever said anything about wanting them to have bikini armor and gigantic exaggerated female secondary sexual characteristics.
    It's not the ass my friends, it's like this.

Take away the ass and hips, then try to somehow make the back match to that non existent ass and what do you get?

An extreamly broken Female Miquo'te.
    The 1.0 model shapes were superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeo_Suzuki View Post
    Hello,
    Lead designer Takeo Suzuki here.

We understand that you all care deeply for the detail and shape of your characters, and while the development team is really happy about this, we would like to keep the specifications for character’s butts as they are.

I’d like to explain a bit about why we changed the shape of character model’s butts. It all began when Yoshi-P and the character team sat down and reconsidered what should be prioritized for players when we moved from 1.0 to A Realm Reborn.

Based on this discussion it was decided to place emphasis on the below:
    • New races (male Miqo’te, female Highlanders, and female Roegadyn.)
    • Increase the amount of content and the amount of reward items (equipment and weapons)
    (We want to make a team that can create more than four times the amount of rewards compared to what there was originally.)

As a result of thinking about what could be done to fulfill the above objectives all while converting everything over and optimizing all the data by completely remaking the graphics engine, we decided to reduce the cost by simplifying items that were too complex when making them. One aspect of this was the graphical display of waist equipment.

I deeply apologize for those of you who were really partial to what Miqo’tes looked like in 1.0, but this decision was made so we could relaunch with new races and a lot of new equipment. We will be implementing a wide variety of really cool looking equipment moving forward, and we appreciate your understanding on this.

Quote Originally Posted by pariscollection View Post
    確かに装備品が増えるのはうれしいですが
    それを着るキャラクターの魅力を犠牲にしてしまっていいのか?
    仕様と言われようが私はあきらめません。
    Translation on Google, best I got sorry.

Equipment's certainly increase While it is always a happy
    Is it alright to at the expense of the charm of the character who wear it?
    It going to be said to specification, but I do not give up.

----

I get the jist and honestly she's right, it's not worth the expense of our characters appearance to have more gear if it doesn't look nice on our characters.

It seems like they just wanted to save money on new armors or something along those lines so they could provide more equipment at a faster pace but quite frankly what exactly is the point in having lots more new armors if they don't look as nice on your character anymore?

I would rather they introduce new armour slower while maintaining the original body shapes.. heh oh well I'm disappointed but nothing we can do about it really except voice our opinion on it.

I've accepted it tho only because I'm forced to accept it, I really wish something could be done about it and I will probably always dislike it.

At least the game itself is good despite the new appearance of this body shape...

Pelvis tilt edit for the win! -.-b

One can only dream, this new armor will never look as nice now SE as it could have.

It really won't, we will have lots more armors to replace old ones twice as fast which btw is actually annoying because you don't get the time to enjoy your new gear before replacing it.
    And it'll look half as good... Sorry for having lack of excitement towards that decision. I still appreciate the Dev teams intentions they only did what they think would be best for everyone, the fact is tho not everyone is happy about this choice unfortunately.

I accept SE's apology but I will still remain hopeful even if it's doomed never to change

My new request is to simply adjust the pelvis tilt and hip direction on the Female Miquo'te to give the illusion it has not been changed, rather than tilting the hips to the right side and forward further hindering it's appearance.

New Facts

. Much of the weight on characters was taken away because SE wanted to save money on the development of new equipment so they could provide us with a larger verity of armors.

. Personally I would have actually preferred to receive new armors at a slower pace while maintaining the nicer looking character models, because whats the point in new armor if it always looks odd? -> Oh well disappointing but it's there game.

. Yes Rear ends were completely taken off all the character models, that is very clear.

. Miquo’te female had the biggest rear so its spine has been made to match this alteration.

. This alteration in ARR effects the back view, but mainly the side on appearance of the Miquo'te is negatively effected while the front appears almost the same as 1.0.
    This could also be because of the way the pelvis is tilted, maybe instead of altering the but they could just re adjust the idle of the female miquo'te so the lower part of the pelvis isn't tilted so far forward and the hips on an odd angle?

. The female Miquo’te could be more proportioned like it previously was while maintaining the smaller body mass but this was not a design decision.

. This change has affected the female Miquo’te the worst because they have taken the most weight from them when back in 1.0 they previously had the most weight too them. It’s a very different look for the Miquo’te female now in ARR.

. The rear is not even properly level with the Females shoulder blades, this should probably be addressed, possibly by rotating the pelvises angle.

. It’s possible that square could eventually improve the game but a change like this is unlikely at least not for a long time, but as a future update it does seem possible to eventually bring the weight and shape back to our characters. Possibly near the ps4 release, improvements may be made (If later they can afford an update on models?).

. The likelihood of this tho seems unlikely, they know about the change in the models, they know its effecting players but they probably won't do anything about it yet or at all.

. The game would be better with more options for body shape, (This won't happen but the female Miquo'te dose need attention in it's structure/stance/pelvis).

. I feel like because the female Miquo'te has suffered the biggest change in body shape that it should be taken into consideration as a possible mistake and that later down the road an adjustment should be made.
    . Many 1.0 players miss there 1.0 look.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiken View Post
    Just figure out a good size for the ass and bring it back, maybe 1.0 version.
    I'd be totally fine with the current 2.0 body changing into something more natural looking even if it wasn't exactly the same as 1.0 but it should at least receive an improvement from the horrible appearance we have now, something in between would even be better then what we have in 2.0.

It would be nice if the shape was closer to Something everyone can appreciate, just having a more natural/normal back and some extra wight put back on would be good enough to solve the issue here. They removed too much from the Female Miquo'te.

The 1.0 body dose resemble the race's intended body structure so I agree about it being the ideal and correct shape for the female Miquo'te, I would be all for it if they re introduced the 1.0 body as the default Female Miquo'te body shape. Won't happen, but would be nice to meet us half way with something, the current shape is disliked by many.

The 1.0 body structure and shape would look more natural with all the breast size ranges also. Once more this would look better if the lower part of the pelvis wasn't tilted so far forward. The upper part of the pelvis should be tilted forward while the bottom is backward and the hips should be straight not sticking out to the side.

Update: It's quite disappointing to see this happen and it dose effect the over all experience. I really hope Yoshi can come up with some kind of solution to this problem. For 1.0 players there should be an option for the orrigonal shape.

If you didn't believe me about that top and the extra empty space look at this.

Original Text ->

I can’t continue to ignore this, I try believe me, I can’t help but notice (Doesn’t matter what gear I ware) that the bottom half of my character is a miss match with her upper half.

Some of you may remember my post right before the beta forums closed.
    I have made some new comparison pictures.
    In the beta the majority in my thread agreed with me and in only a day I had over 200 likes but then the beta ended and with it the forums.

There was also another Forum on this topic roughly about a but slider that hit the top page with over 700+ likes.

Although my suggestion was not to introduce a but-hip slider, that is not what I'm asking for.
    What I am asking for is something much more simple than that.

All I’m after is for Yoshi to look into this again and consider EDIT: Tilt the Pelvis so it's Straight and not tilted forward or on an angle so it's better suited to represent the 1.0 Female Miquo'te body shape.

When compared to the flawed 2.0 body shapes the 1.0 character models for all races were superior with a very noticeable difference in size and shape of characters entire bottom half. I notice the biggest difference in the Female Miqo’te model it seems to suffer the worst fate here.

Sure you can increase bust size, thats a good thing to add why not.
    Although this feature would have been much nicer if the bust size was an addition to the 1.0 body shape but the 2.0 body shape looks really hideous with this option.

When increasing the bust size in 2.0 this only causes your characters shape to become unproportional, mostly on the Female Miquo'te because of the weird idle stance.

Please help me help bring back shape to our characters so we can ware all our gear without it making our eyes hurt. - At least fix this Female Miquo'te
    I am tired of wearing robes to hide my characters lower body because I can’t stand the sight of her now miss-shaped body.

Yoshi P said to us that because of the new graphics engine that our characters may not appear exactly the same way in 2.0 but this was supposed to be about the graphics change, this isn’t something as simple as a graphical alteration. True

We are talking about the bottom half of the 1.0 character model being completely scaled down, the back of the Miquo'te looking odd now and the appearance of some gear being greatly negatively effected by this alteration. Also True

This is a fault that needs to be fixed, and I can’t enjoy the game to its full potential until it is, I can’t just un-see this when it’s in my face every time I play. I still feel this way

Please Yoshi I really hope you can do something about this because for some of us this is a real problem and it’s making the game less enjoyable for me and I know I’m not the only one.
    It's still effecting my enjoyment on a large scale.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Vensaval View Post
    I really don't think anyone's legitimately asking for anything like "ghetto booty" or "perfect/super model butts". We're mostly just asking for more well-proportioned behinds. The ones we have currently seem too flat.
    Though, personally, I think a slider is a bit much. Just add a couple more pounds on all the behinds and things should be just fine.
    Don't be ignorant. most of us talk about this for the sake of our characters' appeal. From appreciation of human anatomy. There's no perversion involved. We just want things to not look odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazhka View Post
    something is wierd now..like the polygon count and/or the lighting effects make them look wierd
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalamari View Post
    Well I didn't know of this before, but the 1.0 bums look fantastic. Why would you steal Miqo'te girls' bums SE, and where did you hide them?
    Quote Originally Posted by maniacal1 View Post
    I haven't played my Miqo'te as much, since they put me on an EU server, but I did make a Roegadyn female and noticed it immediately. She's thick in all areas just like I like em, except for her backside. It's flat as a board. I actually ignore gear now like subligar, despite stats, because they look so rediculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilraen View Post
    Honestly, I see a theme in how they've designed the miqo'te and it's not what any Western player would appreciate. They seem, to me, to be heavily Asian inspired. I would not be shocked if, compared in a 3d program, the 2.0 models were half the size as their 1.0 counterparts.
    Quote Originally Posted by HulaHoof View Post
    I completely agree with this thread, and opt for more natural body shapes
    Quote Originally Posted by KyahAlmasy View Post
    You know, I noticed this too when I put my bikini on my character. I thought "Wow, I can remember her having more curves than this." I don't know why they changed the character models so much. It's kinda annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    come on SE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch001 View Post
    I also noticed how bad the texture quality on the gear got you know on top of women in the game being pancake butts. SE just cant seem to do something right without messing something else up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinpoo View Post
    Gotta agree.. These behinds look awful and completely misproportioned compared to the good old 1.0 models. I always wondered what blind person must have decided to be fine with these and put them in the game. Maybe...that happens when you sit on your arse for five years? Who knows what really happened..!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearssi View Post
    The OP is not the only one on this matter. I myself have not played the 1.0 version and thought immediately after logging on in 2.0 beta test that the mi'qote looked thin as a twig. Cats have leg muscles for agility and speed, so i don't know what mi'qote are with that butt and thighs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevonovitch View Post
    as a boob man, ass is almost over-rated, but i can appreciate the fact that yeah....dafuq? there IS one supposed to be there, not missing entirely..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyro View Post
    Y me female Roegadyn got no shape below de waist?!

But seriously, below the waist is ugly shaped, there is only a little shape and I notice it all the time... I also, don't know why anyone would be so against something that will make characters look better proportioned... And if it would be optional choice, why are you people against it, so against giving people a choice for better proportions below the waist?

To some people it may be a perversion thing, but to many others this is about characters looking right and good proportions. If anything, the people who are against it and are using ''perversion'' as a reason, are the people who are looking at it as perversion. U perverts, go sit in the naughty corner. >.>)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCommando View Post
    I AGREE with this.. Adjustments on the Gluteus maximus!!

"whats wrong with some of these people... satisfied with something as flat as a wall... Madness I tell you.."
    Kichwas Selassie says
    I also find my neko's caboose a little flat personally... Needs more tush... Not just visually, but as he notes - structure wise. Lets face it - neko is a "race" than comes from cosplay - its not meant as a realistic anatomical creature... - But as cosplay... it should look like a woman (and sometimes man) with a cat tail and ears on...

I personally completely agree that Mithra-Miquo'te was never supposed to be shaped like it is in 2.0.
    This shape is simply incorrect to the race.

Miquo'te is not in any way shape or form supposed to be shaped like a cat, it's supposed to be shaped like a woman. _> She is but the pelvis tilt and odd angle makes her look very odd while standing still.

I want my Miqou'te to be shaped the way the orrigonal producer saw the race, ( Won't happen, but would be nice if it looked at least closer to it ) the way it was intended to be.
    The way it was originally in both FFXI and FFXIV, I'm a fan of this race and seeing it in 2.0 the way it is now is just incorrect. =(

This is unfair to 1.0 players. the body shape should represent close to the original possibly by straitening the back by adjusting the pelvis tilt.

OORRR SE could bring our models back to there former glory. This I would prefer although less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxa View Post
    It's bad... it's really, really bad. Indubitably need to bring back the butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmc View Post
    Hm, glad i'm not alone in feeling this way too. My Miqo'te is lacking an ass, I had this same discussion with my bf a couple days ago, saying that she was missing some bumps back there. I mean, chicks are supposed to have a little something back there, my cat is as flat as a cardboard box and looks almost boyish from behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundaja View Post
    Well look at it this way... If some people prefer to having max bust size for their character and the top side of their character compared to their bottom side is 3 times as big well then there is a problem.
    This new Miquo'te shape is so bad now that I can no longer relate to my character.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I understand what you're saying, this isn't Terra, AION, etc. but the art design was different before, in FFXIV, which is what this game is still called... and the anatomy was much better to many. Even if they say no now, continuing to express disappointment in the current state is the only way anything will change, regardless of the subject. Assuming the thread did shutdown as a result of your comment, it would only stagnate creativity and serve to lessen the hope of those who still want to press on.

If they won't help us now and we don't like it, maybe we can change their mind. Either way, the only effect gained is a good one across the board. SE seems to have their priorities straight so even if this is somehow added later, I'm confident we can count on it not interfering with gameplay development. Sooner would be better, but later is better than never. Aesthetics are a major part of a perfect game, and we should strive to help make FFXIV as close to perfect as we can!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittra View Post
    What can we do? Well... we can only do what we've been doing. Apparently the only threads on the NA/EU sides that get noticed are the really large ones with a cause, and if enough people keep clamoring for it, it'll "eventually" get changed (example: see FFXI...). So yes, I'm going to keep asking that they "normalize" the rears of the races because it just looks wrong. If I keep asking, and nothing happens, at least I know I'm doing my part to be heard in the group.[/I])?
    Many of us will forever miss our perfectly shaped awesome 1.0 characters, SE bring them back in the future please.

OR at the very least because the female Miquo'te has been changed so severely, re adjust the tilt of the pelvis, so the back is straight "Not on an odd angle". The odd angle causes the concave look, perhaps this would also be enough to make the rear look less tiny because the bottom of the pelvis wouldn't be tilted so far forward. -> They need to tilt the upper part of the pelvis forward and also twist the hip so it is straight and no longer on an angle.

No point in lots more nice gear if it doesn't look nice on our characters anymore!
    I think the decision was a bad one to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Synra View Post
    I am willing to add my voice to this as well. The shape of a miqote female feels off, and the weird butt shape is probably the main cause of it. Please fix these character models.

I love this race, but I have considered switching to Hyur because they look better.

SE made a mistake here and they should correct it.
    (517)
    Last edited by Vandark; 10-19-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Taj Indir
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I think... you're alone in this one...
    (201)

Player
    Character
    Kae Ko
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I always kinda thought my cats shape was off in 2.0
    I dont mind anything they did except how flat her butt is now honestly. I think the hips are fine, she still has that hourglass figure naked.
    (18)

Character
    Van Dark
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TajIndir View Post
    I think... you're alone in this one...
    Why because you said so? In the beta there were large numbers who were unhappy about this.
    Why should this be ignored, we should be able to enjoy the game to it's full potential.
    I can't enjoy the game to it's full potential because of this small probably not too hard to fix problem.
    I think SE should re-consider this, defiantly.

And it's not just the Miquo'te, many of the models look wrong now and need to be changed.
    (43)
    Last edited by Vandark; 09-02-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Player
    Character
    Farleigh Dirai
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 27
    I have to agree. I vote for big butts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ImZTwYwCug
    (24)

Player
    Character
    Monzcarro Murcatto
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Why because you said so? In the beta there were large numbers who were unhappy about this.
    Why should this be ignored, we should be able to enjoy the game to it's full potential.
    I can't enjoy the game to it's full potential because of this.
    Most of that was tongue in cheeks.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Eadbhard Ravensong
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 62
    The images for the 1.0 side of the OP images look akin to what I see on my PS3 where the other side is akin to my PC which does not have the same level of graphics quality (older graphics card)
    (0)
    "Udos ph'd'Kilar lu'udos orn jyrr" (Translation from Drow: "We are of the House of Poison and we will Triumph")

Player
    Character
    Rynaria Chuan
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 41
    Gotta agree.. These behinds look awful and completely misproportioned compared to the good old 1.0 models. I always wondered what blind person must have decided to be fine with these and put them in the game. Maybe...that happens when you sit on your arse for five years? Who knows what really happened..!?

Or in the end it's just PS3 limitations, the console just can't handle the awesome rears of old and would explode. Yep, that must be it!
    (8)

Character
    Van Dark
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiisil View Post
    The images for the 1.0 side of the OP images look akin to what I see on my PS3 where the other side is akin to my PC which does not have the same level of graphics quality (older graphics card)
    Trust me this has nothing to do with graphics, I've played both versions on the same PC. There is a clear physical change in the body shape and size, none of my gear looks nice anymore, lots of it has empty space where my character used to have body parts.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    less polygon means harder to make a round shape so this is what became of it.
    (4)

Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast