Player
    Character
    Caldazar Sedai
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Summoners useless in 24mans?

With the DoT/Debuff limit being only 30 how does SE expect Summoners to be viable at all in 24man groups? Are there any plans to increase the DoT/Debuff limit? Or should I just give up on the class and play Scholar?

I realize that the DoT/Debuff limit affects everyone poorly but it affects us Summoners the most. Are they any intentions at all to fix this?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Karse Farrence
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 72
    huh? Only 30? What do you mean? Summoners get Fester which increase the DoT dmg a ton if you have all 3 Bio, Bio2, Miasma on a target and you also have the AoE ability to spread Bio, Bio2 and Miasma all over every near by creature. SMN is a strong DPS and probably one of the highest in the game according to those people who use Parsers.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Hanabira Asashi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    if smn's dps mainly comes from DOTs.. and any dots after 30 dont stick, that means if too many people put debuffs on mobs, smns will be prevented from doing dmg.. at least i think thats how it will work
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sparda Amon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronyx View Post
    huh? Only 30? What do you mean? Summoners get Fester which increase the DoT dmg a ton if you have all 3 Bio, Bio2, Miasma on a target and you also have the AoE ability to spread Bio, Bio2 and Miasma all over every near by creature. SMN is a strong DPS and probably one of the highest in the game according to those people who use Parsers.
    No parser currently works correctly with SMN. It have been said many times over and over again, please stop advertising false info.
    (19)

Character
    Miles Maelstrom
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    He means debuff on the any particular enemy is capped. Let's say that there are 10 summoners and they all place up those 3 dots. The enemy now has 30 debuffs on it, if say a dragoon runs up and places his increased piercing damage and his own dot on the enemy, two dots will just fall off the enemy.
    (9)

6. 09-27-2013 10:34 PM
    Reason
    Question/statement was answered above ^

Player
    Character
    Sheiva Eris
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 26
    GW2 and Rift I believe both had this same ridiculous limitation.
    It makes dot classes completely worthless, and there is no need for such a minuscule limitation.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Gwendolen Delluvierre
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCommon View Post
    Ridiculous limitation?

Idk but 30 separate DoTs happening to a mob at the same does not sound like that ridiculous of a limitation to me.

To each his/her own, though.
    Oh, okay. So then to be fair, if more than 13 people are attacking a mob, then all archers cant attack until someone else cancels auto attack. Does that sound fair to you?
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Ignis Inferne
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Gw2 has a retarded limitation, I main necro, I know the feels. On this though its much better. Ofc there needs to be a limitation because the servers can't handle it. Just as a heads up I main summoner in this and I have not run into this issue yet except in massive fates and if there's that many people at a fate I highly doubt my dots are a major concern for maximum dps.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I would be worried about the construction of the party if you're breaching 30 DoT effects in a 24 man party.

Yes, summoners will typically inflict five or six each, but if the alliance has more than three summoners in it, you may want to re-optimise your alliance with other jobs.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCommon View Post
    Ridiculous limitation?

Idk but 30 separate DoTs happening to a mob at the same does not sound like that ridiculous of a limitation to me.

To each his/her own, though.
    Do we really need reasons to ostracize jobs from fights? Especially because of a hard coded game mechanic? The player base does this on their own well enough as it is. Anyone who has played FFXI fully knows this.
    (7)

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast