Player
    Character
    Aran Wade
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AranWade View Post
    the Alchemist Guild leader is called "Serendipity" and she says "Call me serah" (im not sure about this)
    anyone can confirm if im right with this? i remember was the first thing she told me when join the guild but...i have a bad memory
    If True this is an Official Allusion to FF13-2
    (0)
    Last edited by AranWade; 09-04-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Player
    Character
    Artamie Knights
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but the chat filter examples involve Cloud, Tifa, and the Shadow Lord and Bayohne lol.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aran Wade
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    not a real allusion but Paladin armor Af Reseble the ff11 one (pic found online)

(0)
    Last edited by AranWade; 09-04-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Player
    Character
    N'hara Tia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    It should be mentioned under General that a ton of weapons from throughout the series return as weapons in XIV. A couple good examples that I can recall off the top of my head from FFXI:

Claustrum, the BLM Relic Weapon, is the staff wielded by Kan-E-Senna.
    Tizona, the BLU Mythic Weapon, is one of Raubahn's swords.
    Death Penalty and Annihilator are the two guns wielded by Merlwyb. The Death Penalty is both the famous weapon wielded by Vincent in VII and also the COR Mythic Weapon. The Annihilator is the RNG Relic weapon.
    The Veil of Wiyu and the Omnilex (the Summoner and Scholar relic weapons, respectively) are from the Tactics series.

And, needless to say, a TON of monster designs were taken directly from XI (Crabs, Colibri, Mandoragora, Raptors, Chigos, Apkallu, Adamantoise, Goobbue, and technically Mammets, since they're just cuter versions of the Automatons that Puppetmasters got) and even some from XII.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Size Small
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 48
    The dungeon "Cutter's Cry" seems awfully similar to that of the "Ant Lion's Den" from FF4, as well as these bosses.

AntLion from FF4

Myrmidon Princess from FFXIV ARR
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Elena Ardou
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by rmelzer1986 View Post
    I don't see a marker for it, so maybe its just concept art for the time being.
    I thought about it and decided that I won't include concepts in the reference list. I think its better if all the references are things that currently exist in the game.

They should appear in a Fate and maybe as minions too, that artwork was form a dev blog of ff14
    if im not wrong they are called: Mandragora Prince, Alraune King, Onion Queen, Pumpkin Star, & Topstalk.
    all 5 appear in an Hunt in ff12
    If they aren't in the game yet, I'd rather not include them. Read above.

Deathgaze is 99% the same as in ff12 not ff13 one
    yes but must be add: (His Design is based from FF7)
    -The Beast Clan Sylph of ff14 first appeared in FF4 as a Summon, and saved/put asleep Yang in the story
    I'll correct and add those references. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard319 View Post
    You are recognized as a person of destiny by the crystal you bear. In FFI, the warriors of Light were recognized in the same way.
    Possible reference: Major NPCs are unable to recognize Legacy players as the warriors of light, despite their deeds in v1. FFI ended with the warriors of light closing the time loop that caused the rise of the fiends, and as a result erased all knowledge of their deeds from the timeline. Essentially, no one remembers them or what they did.

Thancred betrays you, and is revealed to be under mind control, not unlike Kain in FFIV
    The "one true god" the Ascians worship: Zodiark
    In addition, the Ascians are immortal, undying, and involve themselves in the affairs of mortals much like the Occuria. In particular, they appear to be influencing Gaius' descision to invade Eorzea, much like Venat.
    I'll add these, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDSabo View Post
    In the dungeon "Copperbell Mines," there is a monster named Hecatoncheir Stonehauler/Stonebreaker. Hecatoncheir is a reference to Vanille's Eidolon from Final Fantasy XIII.
    The Tam-Tara Deepcroft has a final boss named Galvanth the Dominator. He's a reference to the Mindflayer monster from the original Final Fantasy.
    There is a FATE named "Desert Rose" in Eastern Thanalan. Desert Rose is a reference to an item stolen from Ruby Weapon in FFVII. Ruby Weapon was fought in the desert, much like Thanalan.
    Thanks, I'll add these.

Quote Originally Posted by EdwinLi View Post
    I found the Final Fantasy 1 Victory music in a certain storyline quest.
    The story quest isn't very important since it is more of a homage to the old FF games back when every detail of our character's actions were described in a long text bubble.
    Do you remember anything about the quest? It's name or location?

]
    the Promotional Art of Gaius is very Similar of A famous Shot of Sephirot in ff7
    I'd call that an allusion. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Daemion View Post
    I dunno if this is mentioned, but I think Alphinaud and Alisaie are more a reference to Palom and Porom then the 2 Padjal. Both P/P and A/A have long ponytails and look exactly alike minus a very few features.
    I've been confused about this for a while. At white point someone suggested it as the two white mages from the white mage quest line and I used the reference without double checking. When AranWade posted their names, I mistook him for saying that was the names of the WHM storyline characters. Recently, I got to the point in the story where I meet Alphinaud and Alisaie and I also got to the point of WHM where I meet the other two mages. I realized at that point that I had gotten something wrong, but I was still confused. Thank you for the correction, I'll fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nahara View Post
    It should be mentioned under General that a ton of weapons from throughout the series return as weapons in XIV. A couple good examples that I can recall off the top of my head from FFXI:

Claustrum, the BLM Relic Weapon, is the staff wielded by Kan-E-Senna.
    Tizona, the BLU Mythic Weapon, is one of Raubahn's swords.
    Death Penalty and Annihilator are the two guns wielded by Merlwyb. The Death Penalty is both the famous weapon wielded by Vincent in VII and also the COR Mythic Weapon. The Annihilator is the RNG Relic weapon.
    The Veil of Wiyu and the Omnilex (the Summoner and Scholar relic weapons, respectively) are from the Tactics series.

And, needless to say, a TON of monster designs were taken directly from XI (Crabs, Colibri, Mandoragora, Raptors, Chigos, Apkallu, Adamantoise, Goobbue, and technically Mammets, since they're just cuter versions of the Automatons that Puppetmasters got) and even some from XII.
    Actually, If its weapons that are unique to one or a few final fantasy games then I would put them under their respective games as official references. I'll add the weapon and armor references. I'll also add the Mammets reference as its own and the monsters as a general reference under Final Fantasy XI. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by SizeSmall View Post
    The dungeon "Cutter's Cry" seems awfully similar to that of the "Ant Lion's Den" from FF4, as well as these bosses.]
    Thanks, I'll add this.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Surprising how it hasn't been mentioned yet, but the Onion Helm item that was a bonus with the original version Collector's Edition, is of course based on the armour of the Onion Knight Job from FFIII (in 1.0 the rest of the armour was available through faction levequests) - it's effectively the earlier predecessor to the 'Helm of Light' item with ARR's CE (which resembles the design of the helm worn by the nameless Warrior of Light in Yoshitaka Amano's original artwork for FFI).
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Elena Ardou
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    Surprising how it hasn't been mentioned yet, but the Onion Helm item that was a bonus with the original version Collector's Edition, is of course based on the armour of the Onion Knight Job from FFIII (in 1.0 the rest of the armour was available through faction levequests) - it's effectively the earlier predecessor to the 'Helm of Light' item with ARR's CE (which resembles the design of the helm worn by the nameless Warrior of Light in Yoshitaka Amano's original artwork for FFI).
    FF3 is one of the only games I haven't played in the series. I knew the Onion Helm was some sort of reference, but I couldn't place it. Thanks! I'll add this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elena Ardou
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Added a section to hold all references that contain major spoilers for the storyline. Thanks for all the references and information guys! The list has grown from 8 references all the way to 109. I'm sure there's more, so keep em coming!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ausmick Aed
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    mad cool bookmarked this for later reading
    (3)

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast