Player
    Character
    X'lantaa Lizhashen
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidu View Post
    Doesnt he use Flare/Flare Star (I would bet on Flare Star, but not 100%) when he changes into cubic form, right before the orbs spawn? Pretty sure the attack that puts vul-up-stacks on you if you're not close to... "him" is called Flare or Flare Star.
    Maybe can be that. I should... "try" netx time to be sure.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Marie Antoinette
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 76
    Haven't finished the patch's content yet but here's just a few things I've caught
    (?) for things I'm not sure about and might need to do more research on, and excluding things that are obvious recycled assets.
    Great Gubal Library Hard
    - (Final Fantasy V) As mentioned before this entire dungeon is based on a library from Final Fantasy V
    - (Final Fantasy V) Living Flame is named after the same boss from Final Fantasy V, this boss is also a palette swap of Living Liquid from Alexander Floor 3 who was also based on the living flame boss from Final Fantasy V only with the water element
    - (Final Fantasy V) Puppets that look like the NPC's from FFV's library appear

Alexander Floor 9
    (Final Fantasy VI?) A large bipedal machine looked like iirc one of these enemies from Final Fantasy VI
    Only seen it once and can't really remember it but I was thinking "Haven't I seen that before?"

Alexander Floor 11
    (Final Fantasy VI) The first mobs you fight in this instance are similar to these mobs from Final Fantasy VI this might be a stretch though

(Final Fantasy IX) Cruise Chaser is so obviously ARK, not sure why they didn't call him that when he even has the same skills as his older brother, maybe he is called that in the Japanese version, Koji Fox seems to like removing IX references when text is concerned like Cherry Blossom to Chaos Thrust but I digress~
    (Final Fantasy XIII-2) The Quick Time Event!

Alexander Floor 12
    (Final Fantasy IX) Alexander grows wings! They did it! they referenced one of his most famous appearances yet!

Containment Bay P1T6
    (Final Fantasy VI) Sophia the goddess, the same as the one from Final Fantasy VI, oddly enough the floating head is missing it's shoulders from the Final Fantasy VI sprite and Sophia is missing the disc on her back from said sprite, guess the designers had more creative freedom with this boss
    (1)
    Last edited by Yasuhiro; 09-28-2016 at 03:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    Marie Antoinette
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 76
    Friend pointed out to me why Ark was called Cruise Chaser to begin with.
    It dates back to an old game that predates Final Fantasy, the mech looks very similar to Ark as well
    (1)
    Final Fantasy XIV forums in a nutshell
    Quote Originally Posted by Saccharin View Post
    I stopped reading here. I really did. Can people stop asking for FF14 to be FF11 reborn. They tried that and look what happened.

Player
    Character
    Marie Antoinette
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 76
    Patch 2.45 brought a boss from a complete different series in Palace of the dead
    Nybeth from the game called Tactics Ogre it even plays the same music found in the game when you fight him, probably the best throwback yet especially for something so obscure.

Just another reason to love the developers working on this game really, they know their audience.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yasuhiro; 11-03-2016 at 03:17 PM.
    I stopped reading here. I really did. Can people stop asking for FF14 to be FF11 reborn. They tried that and look what happened.

Player
    Character
    Juyon Intoner
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuhiro View Post
    Friend pointed out to me why Ark was called Cruise Chaser to begin with.
    It dates back to an old game that predates Final Fantasy, the mech looks very similar to Ark as well
    FFIX Ark was already a shout-out to Cruise Chaser Blassty as well. You see the other reference to it here in XIV as that is what the Goblins name it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Marie Antoinette
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 76
    Ah, thanks, that's what I meant in my post, don't know why I worded it the way I did, confused even myself when I went back and read it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Juyon Intoner
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuhiro View Post
    Ah, thanks, that's what I meant in my post, don't know why I worded it the way I did, confused even myself when I went back and read it.
    Everything sounds better in ones head. How it sounds after is the question.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reylana Duskiir
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardbob View Post
    27. The Pugilist's Guild quests makes a reference to Cornelia, who founded the guild. Cornelia was a monk in Final Fantasy 11.
    It should probably be noted that, even though you're talking about a person in both cases, the name itself comes from the starting kingdom, city, and castle from FF1.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Marie Antoinette
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 76
    So I was reading up on the Final Fantasy Wikia since I'm on that site everyday and I was looking up and seeing what models from XI, XII and XIII were used in XIV because I find the repurposing endearing and this one caught my attention because I didn't know how I didn't catch it before.

The Gnath use the near-same model as the Urutan Yensa tribe from Final Fantasy XII that you encounter early on the game
    Here are pictures for comparison
    Final Fantasy XII

Final Fantasy XIV

Only their heads are different.

Sorry if this is old news but I thought it was great. =)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Marie Antoinette
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 76
    I know I'm late to the party because I only just discovered the game through World of Final Fantasy but this is just awesome.

For those that don't know like me up until today

This boss in Keeper of the lake is a reference to an old Playstation game called Einhander in both looks and the name.
    (1)

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast