Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Elena Ardou
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Haha weird, I added that a second before I saw your post. I'll credit you anyway. :P
    I also added the "Corpes Brigade" reference to Tactics.

EDIT: Added yours RinoaHeartily. Also adding other chat filter references.
    EDIT 2: More specifically, added the references to Bremondt Freitberg from Tactics and Shadow Lord from XI.
    EDIT 3: Added reference to Demon Wall from FF4, FF7 and FF12
    (0)
    Last edited by Ardbob; 08-31-2013 at 05:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    Karl Hurtig
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I could have sworn that the certain cutscenes when you are about lv15 and get on airship through the main quests uses the "Final Fantasy IV OST - Prologue" (not to be mixed up with the common "prelude"). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTlT8zGQwwU

Is there a way to revisit cutscenes? Because the airship travel seems instant after having completed the main quests revolving it. I definitely heard a classic FF IV music there, but not quite certain it was the one I linked.

Edit1: Seems to be daily limit to posting so I am doing it through here. To reply to Fyreband who posted 5 posts below this: It is good that you pointed out that already in the original Final Fantasy the same prologue was used. I wasn't sure about how many Final Fantasies had used it; I checked FF V and FFVI prior to posting and they did not use it as prologue. In that way it isn't as common to FFs as the Crystal Theme is.

Upon further analysis, it appears as it also appears in FF IX, does not appear as "prologue" in FF X, does appear in FFXII.

I didn't check up FFXIII, FF II, FFIII, FFVII, FFVIII, FF X-2 at this point.

I now realize why I connected it so much to FF IV: in FF IV both the prologue and epilogue use the same "tune". (Not sure if that happened in other Final Fantasies too XD).

Glad to have people with better memory than I have around here.
    (0)
    Last edited by HurtigeKarl; 08-31-2013 at 06:13 AM.

Player
    Character
    Elena Ardou
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    You can rewatch cutscenes in the Unending Journey journal in your Inn Room. I don't remember hearing that song, but I could be wrong. That'd be awesome, if true. I'll watch the cutscene and report back.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karl Hurtig
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardbob View Post
    You can rewatch cutscenes in the Unending Journey journal in your Inn Room. I don't remember hearing that song, but I could be wrong. That'd be awesome, if true. I'll watch the cutscene and report back.
    It wasn't in all airship related cutscenes. I am on my laptop currently and it is getting late, but tomorrow I'll check it out to see where and which FFIV song I heard. Thanks for the info regarding cutscenes .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elena Ardou
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtigeKarl View Post
    It wasn't in all airship related cutscenes. I am on my laptop currently and it is getting late, but tomorrow I'll check it out to see where and which FFIV song I heard. Thanks for the info regarding cutscenes .
    I just checked it so no need! Good news, you were right! A remake of the prologue from FF4 is used the first time you take an airship ride! It's cutscene #3 of "The ______ Envoy".
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taran Nos
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Miluda and the Corpse Brigade from FFT are Fate/quest related events in Southern Thanalan.

[edit] You already got the Corpse Brigade part. Also, Miluda's name is spelled different on the Fate text and in game name for some reason. one is Milleuda.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Friel Wyndor
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtigeKarl View Post
    I could have sworn that the certain cutscenes when you are about lv15 and get on airship through the main quests uses the "Final Fantasy IV OST - Prologue"
    That prologue music has been in the series from the very beginning. It's in no way unique or original to FFIV.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kanzer Vardel
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I think it's worth noting that the Enterprise first appeared in FFIV as well.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kanzer; 08-31-2013 at 06:06 AM.

Character
    Galione Valorous
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    you can put that almost every mob is from different final fantasies.... although I would love to see doom train pop up at blackbrush station as an instance lol or diablo from FFVIII somewhere in coerthas or something.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Elena Ardou
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by TaranNos View Post
    Miluda and the Corpse Brigade from FFT are Fate/quest related events in Southern Thanalan.
    [edit] You already got the Corpse Brigade part. Also, Miluda's name is spelled different on the Fate text and in game name for some reason. one is Milleuda.
    I'll change that, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrebrand View Post
    That prologue music has been in the series from the very beginning. It's in no way unique or original to FFIV.
    Agh, that's true. I edited it back out of the main post.

Quote Originally Posted by Galione View Post
    you can put that almost every mob is from different final fantasies.... although I would love to see doom train pop up at blackbrush station as an instance lol or diablo from FFVIII somewhere in coerthas or something.
    I'm trying to keep things that are very common in Final fantasy out of the list. Like moogles and chocobos.

EDIT: Added Big Bros Squat reference to FF7 and the "Gem of Shantotto" reference to FFXI.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ardbob; 08-31-2013 at 07:00 AM.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast