Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SirenRanger View Post
    I was finally able to find the FF XIV version of FF1's Opening Theme( the official main theme, well I guess Prelude and the Opening Theme are ying and yang of the Final Fantasy main theme).

The Uploader called it Airship theme, it's played when you first board one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n3rerWCKJ4

Here is the Original NES version ( for nostalgicians):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9J91NDX_HI

Here is probably the best orchestrated version(aside ARR, because ARR music is awesome :P)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXIZZ...32C6432DA2CD9A
    That theme is literally the 'main theme' for the entire series - it's usually named simply Final Fantasy, but has also been titled as The Prologue.

The version of 'Final Fantasy' arranged by Masayoshi Soken however isn't the first version of that track to be used in FFXIV - 1.0 had a completely different arrangement made by Uematsu himself, called Opening Theme ~ Remembrance, which appeared on the FFXIV ~ Field Tracks, FFXIV Eorzean Frontiers and Before Meteor albums (in 1.0 it played during character creation). But yeah, that version is the ARR version, and is not the same version that appeared in 1.0. Just thought I'd clarify that for those who didn't play 1.0.
    (2)
    Last edited by Enkidoh; 10-09-2013 at 09:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Kurei Renvalt
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Y'know, as I look at the Warrior AF, I'm suddenly reminded of Gafgarion from Final Fantasy Tactics. Their designs look a lot alike (more so in the armor than the one wearing it).

Could it be that Gafgarion's garb was used as inspiration for the Warrior AF Armor design?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alphyn Vyrs
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    That theme is literally the 'main theme' for the entire series - it's usually named simply Final Fantasy, but has also been titled as The Prologue.

The version of 'Final Fantasy' arranged by Masayoshi Soken however isn't the first version of that track to be used in FFXIV - 1.0 had a completely different arrangement made by Uematsu himself, called Opening Theme ~ Remembrance, which appeared on the FFXIV ~ Field Tracks, FFXIV Eorzean Frontiers and Before Meteor albums (in 1.0 it played during character creation). But yeah, that version is the ARR version, and is not the same version that appeared in 1.0. Just thought I'd clarify that for those who didn't play 1.0.
    Just wanted to add they play the 1.0 version when they show Legacy player Names at the End Credits I thought it was a nice touch.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Orin Valeth
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Love this thread, exactly what I was looking for
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Marie Claire
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Goldsmith AF (i guess AF is the right term) seems to be loosely based off of Firion's attire(the hat!), or at least a homage to Amano's artwork from 2

Batraal uses a move called "Grim Halo", Fomers in XI wielding 2 handed weapons used the same move with same effects
    (1)
    Last edited by Koga_Edge; 10-09-2013 at 02:09 PM.
    Sanjuro - - Asura - - FFXI - - Go Go Puppetmaster!

Player
    Character
    Virtus Pendragon
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    At the last cutscene (after you beat the story): You see Nabriales, Pashtarot and of course, Lahabrea. They are 3 of the scions of light in FFXII, counterparts to the espers of FFXII (who were the scions of darkness). There is also a mention of Zodiark (known as the keeper of precepts in FFXII - the strongest esper). Maybe in FFXIV:ARR:the Twelve (FFXIV gods Nophica, Halone, Thaliak, etc.) are the gods of light while we (the player) are scions of light. Whereas the scions of light in FFXII (Lahabrea, etc.) are the scions of darkness in FFXIV which means there is a possibility of the espers of FFXII to be the counterparts of the Twelve FFXIV gods!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Melk'aar Venekemen
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    In the cutscene at the end of the last gladiator quest (the level 30 quest), the main enemy jumps from a cliff just like Dayne in FF7 after being defeated.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Miriya Luciela
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardbob View Post
    Final Fantasy 7:
    12. Anyone who pre-ordered A Realm Reborn received a "Cait Sith Doll" Minion. (credit: aranwade)
    Cait Sith originates from Final Fantasy 6 as an Esper with the "black cat" design.
    I'll say it fits more to use the FF6 Vers. than FF7 due to the minion not wearing a crown like the FF6 Esper did and since its were the "Black" design originates from

Quote Originally Posted by Yitan View Post
    Siren, the GF from VIII appears in a main story quest.
    Siren Originates as a Boss from FF5 and an Esper from FF6.
    But the design used in 14 resembles mostly FF8
    (0)
    Last edited by Griever_Zero; 10-09-2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Quote was missing

Player
    Character
    Ignacia Crumwald
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    How about all the A Song of Ice and Fire references? Sometimes I feel like George R.R. Martin should get a writing credit on the localization.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Loen Rangre
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post

Thanks for pointing that out!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    Just wanted to add they play the 1.0 version when they show Legacy player Names at the End Credits I thought it was a nice touch.
    That screen was awesome!
    (1)

Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast