Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Shizumi Aoki
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Thank you for posting the list of Final Fantasy references that are in Realm Reborn ^ω^ there really cool things to know about hehe.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Elena Ardou
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    haha thanks guys

So... I just noticed something weird. In the Waking Sands in a random back hallway, I found a miqo'te telling pointing a commanding finger at an Elezen female. The Elezen female was scraping the stone ground with a pitchfork. Why would she be scraping the ground with a pitchfork? All I could think is that this has to be a reference to something. I have no idea what, and it could be a reference to something not having to do with Final Fantasy at all. If anyone knows what thats about, let me know!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Slater Vonjager
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Some of the main garlean characters, resemble judges from ff12. In fact one of them, i forget his name, closely resembles Gabranth.

The garlean Empire more closely resembles the Archadian Empire in 12.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aran Wade
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    About FF11 i think Is better add the names of Qiqirn, Goblins and Mamool Ja cause their presence is in some quests and lore of ff14.

No need to add this cause isnt in the game but in the old lodestone, there was a Description of the Goblin Mutamix where is Alluded to a "Great Library" of The East, this reminded of the Library of the Ancients in FF5, Saronia in ff3, Daguerreo in FF9
    Maybe one day will appear ingame

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...bb0944292e00d9
    (0)
    Last edited by AranWade; 09-06-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Julie Nymphiel
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    One of the items dropped from small crabs references the Valkurm Dunes and the hardships players had getting through it in early versions of Final Fantasy XI.
    (1)
    I have to thank Square-Enix for the amazing job they have done recreating Final Fantasy XIV from Scratch. Especially the inclusion of Missing Genders which we petitioned for in good faith. This was proof to us players that the Developers are truly Sympathetic to our requests and that being honest and vocal can pay off with the amazing characters we have who are Female Roegadyn, Male Miqote, and Female Highlanders. Thank You SE, Thank You Community Team, Thank You Yoshi-P.

Player
    Character
    Marik Aensland
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    In the cutscene that explains the empire loosing against the eorzean alliance the monster that destroys their flagship is called something like "Midgardwurm", it resembles a dragon snake. Clearly a reference to the midgard snake found in FF7 near the chocobo stables !
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Julie Nymphiel
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    It's Midgardsormr. The World Serpent. Its from Viking mythology and its poison kills Thor after Thor kills it.

Quote Originally Posted by AranWade View Post
    sorry but this is a Norse Mythological Beast
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%B6rmungandr

In Norse mythology, Jörmungandr (Old Norse: Jǫrmungandr, pronounced [ˈjɔrmuŋɡandr]), often written Jormungand, or Jörmungand and also known as the Midgard Serpent (Old Norse: Midgarðsormr),

It is in multiple games before and after FF7 but because the town in FF7 is Midgar (No D) they renamed it to Midgar Zolom (Zolom being a engrish mistranslation of sormr (serpent))
    (1)
    Last edited by Cairdeas; 09-06-2013 at 01:21 AM.
    I have to thank Square-Enix for the amazing job they have done recreating Final Fantasy XIV from Scratch. Especially the inclusion of Missing Genders which we petitioned for in good faith. This was proof to us players that the Developers are truly Sympathetic to our requests and that being honest and vocal can pay off with the amazing characters we have who are Female Roegadyn, Male Miqote, and Female Highlanders. Thank You SE, Thank You Community Team, Thank You Yoshi-P.

Player
    Character
    Aran Wade
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Confirmed of The allusion of FF13-2!

Serendipity, Goldsmith Guild Leader in Uldah
    Serendipity was a Themepark in that game and she like be called "Sera"

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Serendipity
    (0)
    Last edited by AranWade; 09-06-2013 at 01:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aran Wade
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairdeas View Post
    It's Midgardsormr. The World Serpent. Its from Viking mythology and its poison kills Thor after Thor kills it.

It is in multiple games before and after FF7 but because the town in FF7 is Midgar (No D) they renamed it to Midgar Zolom (Zolom being a engrish mistranslation of sormr (serpent))
    OK, Maybe :P but i think is more an allusion to the "myth" than to old FF, MIdgar Too Was in someways a reference to The Norse Mitology "Human World".
    So as u said is a reccurring monster in all FF, hard say is a reference to one in particular.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/M...ormr#Etymology

Btw i just want add that no Other Final Fantsy have so many Allusions to the past! and seems FF11 and FF7 are the most Referenced.
    (0)
    Last edited by AranWade; 09-06-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aran Wade
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardbob View Post
    4. During a storyline quest, you fight a "Flowering Sabotender" which is a reference to the "Flowing Cactoid" Hunt. (credit: aranwade)
    lol was Cronous who Found this not me. (page 7)

In FF wikia found this new Allusion:
    the last battle from the Summoner quest line is against Belias-Egi, the essence of Belias. (tactis-FF12)

I didnt finish ARR story so i ask, the point 7 of FF12 isnt a spoiler?
    (0)
    Last edited by AranWade; 09-06-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast