Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Souhnny D'leight
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    There is a FATE named "Desert Rose" in Eastern Thanalan. Desert Rose is a reference to an item stolen from Ruby Weapon in FFVII. Ruby Weapon was fought in the desert, much like Thanalan.
    (1)
    Treat others the way you want to be treated. Respect is key!

Player
    Character
    Zephryn Ravengaard
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 51
    Huh, not really having checked much into the remodeled sprite for Kain/Cecil from FF4 I actually thought the Dragoon armor looked a lot more like Cecil's Dark Knight armor from the original FF4 on SNES.

Kain's SNES sprite
    Cecil's SNES sprite
    (0)

3. 09-02-2013 10:20 PM

Player
    Character
    Aran Wade
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Laiferr View Post
    As well as Yoshida, Hiroshi Minagawa is the Lead UI Designer. He was the UI designer in 12: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...574cb9c3991c9f

It's not a 'reference' ("The action of mentioning or alluding to something") but a 'similarity' as it's members of the same team. It would be like saying the artwork being in the same style as 12 is a 'reference' when clearly, it is not, it's just the same artist and that's how he draws. Like artists have a style, UI designers have a style and this is Minagawa's style c: 'Tetra Master' is a specific trademarked 'thing' rather than a 'design component' so, it would be a reference.
    ok....(going in a corner to cry)
    but a "similarity" become a reference if is wanted by the Author/s (Square enix, Yoshida or Minagawa), one day they decided "this is what we want" not "i always do like this, its my style, i do aggro lines in battle everytime", if it is like you say Minagawa "Wanted" allude to FF12, in my opinion the dots, the UI and the Aggro lines are an artistc visual&gameplay allusion to a past game in the series.(btw aggro lines are a "thing")
    (0)
    Last edited by AranWade; 09-03-2013 at 02:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Edwin Li
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I found the Final Fantasy 1 Victory music in a certain storyline quest.

The story quest isn't very important since it is more of a homage to the old FF games back when every detail of our character's actions were described in a long text bubble.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aran Wade
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsiuerGeneral View Post
    Huh, not really having checked much into the remodeled sprite for Kain/Cecil from FF4 I actually thought the Dragoon armor looked a lot more like Cecil's Dark Knight armor from the original FF4 on SNES.
    Yes the AF armor of the Dragoon is a Mix of classic dragoon armor and the cecil armor, the spikes in the back are similar, as said is a reference of FF4
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aran Wade
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Allusions or A similarity idk but:

Gaius's Japanese voice actor is Akio Otsuka, who voiced in Final Fantasy XII as Gabranth. Both they are in the covers of each game.

the Promotional Art of Gaius is very Similar of A famous Shot of Sephirot in ff7

(0)
    Last edited by AranWade; 09-04-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Player
    Character
    Violet Baudelaire
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 83
    Not sure if I should mention this, but even though the name "Cait Sith" first appeared in FF7, it was the new translation for one of the four starting espers you get in FF6. It was known as Stray on SNES and Cait Sith on GBA.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aran Wade
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia_Pond_Behemoth View Post
    Not sure if I should mention this, but even though the name "Cait Sith" first appeared in FF7, it was the new translation for one of the four starting espers you get in FF6. It was known as Stray on SNES and Cait Sith on GBA.
    Yes, the one in FF7 i think was an allusion to the ff6 one (in past games was a coeurl)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dae Mien
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I dunno if this is mentioned, but I think Alphinaud and Alisaie are more a reference to Palom and Porom then the 2 Padjal. Both P/P and A/A have long ponytails and look exactly alike minus a very few features.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aran Wade
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemion View Post
    I dunno if this is mentioned, but I think Alphinaud and Alisaie are more a reference to Palom and Porom then the 2 Padjal. Both P/P and A/A have long ponytails and look exactly alike minus a very few features.
    Quote Originally Posted by AranWade View Post
    Alphinaud and Rhitahtyn are two Young Mage Twins like Palom and Poron (ff4)
    yeah i noticed too, but seems OP didnt feel was an allusion. but is still a big Similiarity
    (0)
    Last edited by AranWade; 09-04-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast