Player
    Character
    Artemision Ascendent
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80

The Heretic Amongst Us Quest MASSIVE COMPLAINT

I'm a level 40 black mage and i absolutely can't do this quest, when i try the instanced part, i get to the stage where he transforms then he hits too hard, the wyvern he summons hits too hard and too frequently, between dodging AoE's and normal attacks i have little time to cast and when i do its for healing, so the NPC's die and i fail the quest.

I understand that the quest is instanced up to level 44 but I have no where left to quest and if you think I'm going to grind 4 levels at this stage of the game you're sadly mistaken. My friends who are paladins got through this quest and found it easy, its UNFAIR that DPS must struggle so much with the story line. If this isn't remedied i won't be subscribing past my free month, this is just one of many problems I've found with the game so far, these aren't MMO teething problems, they are the results of poor thought and evaluation.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Optimus Prime
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    If you want to glide through every quests with ease, go play WoW. I have friends on BLM who have done the quest, so its not impossible. Use your chocobo companion? Use VIT or spellspeed food? Bring mega-potions?
    (22)
    "There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory" -Optimus Prime

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I did this on Summoner. It's doable.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Artemision Ascendent
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    You cant use a chocobo in a duty, and summoners get a helpful pet black mages get nothing but long cast times and a rubbish defense
    (5)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    My pet can only do so much. You need to let the Gladiator tank the big dragon. Sleep the Adds.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Gonzo Sabroso
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    When in doubt, put heavy on them and Scathe away
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jaxs Heartfilia
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I was able do this on a lvl 40 black mage. I did die a few times, so I can see why you are frustrated, but it is doable. After he turned into a dragon I stayed close to the tank, made sure to move out of his attacks. When the Wyvern ad showed up, I cast sleep on him. I ignored the other ads until the dragon was dead.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Lox Crowe
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Sort of +1 on this.
    Not that the attacks need to be nerfed so much, it's more that the NPC friendlies health needs to be buffed. Drillemont can't tank for shit, the healer hardly does anything and the archer can die way too easily if you're not throwing cures on him whilst trying to dps adds and then soon tank dragon when Drillemont can't flash him back, at least manage wyvern and doing the healers job at the same time.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Cally Evergrey
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskaral View Post
    summoners get a helpful pet black mages get nothing but long cast times and a rubbish defense
    You can cast instant spells with that one skill though, and sleep is your friend. My tank pet never grabbed aggro on the mobs, so i was running around casting what instant spells i could, and hoped he paused long enough. It's not easy, but it can be done, just get creative with sleep and other tactics. You have to use all the tools they give you, you can't just stand still and nuke away going for leet deeps.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Suli Jade
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Playing a paladin this quest is barely memorable. I can't remember being stuck yet. I see cnj and thm having issues a lot though... balance is rough
    (4)
    --
    pwndsteve

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast