(0)

Player
    Character
    Hiromi Saikou
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 58
    Umbral Ice, Heavy/Bind, Scathe, Physick, and your defensive cooldowns. Pain in the ass, but doable. If you need more tools, take your crystal off and go Thaumaturge with even more buffs and defensive cooldowns. And Optimus? Not helping.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gavril Cedarland
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Took me my 4th attempt and that was as a Paladin level 46. Realised like others have said that you need to keep the first guy who runs up the hill alive straight away by getting full hate from the 3 attacking him. After that it was pretty easy as the single adds can be aggroed a lot more easily and the rest of the party will take care of the dragon for you. Like I said, that's talking from a Paladins point of view where it's easier to pull hate. Good luck to those who are still struggling.
    (0)
    Last edited by asylum1977; 07-14-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aresaka Kunokai
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    One shot this...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Julie Noted
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    This was easy as a Bard, kite everything in circles, you just have to make sure to keep aoes off of the npcs or they can die from the damage. I can imagine it being a real pain for casters though
    (0)

Player

I'm a lvl 40 blm. It took me 10 trials & error for this mission. Tried all the suggestion in this thread. People keep saying sleep the adds. Failed 10x. In the end I change to kill the adds first.. One shot! Good luck to all..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mimay Highwind
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Ignore the wyvern, just dodge his attacks ...since he is un-killable.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Waffles O'malley
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    i beat this back in 2.0. my method of doing all of the coerthas solo instanced fights as a BLM? go in as my base class. as THM i had access to protect, stonskin, Aero, (CNJ), bio, virus, physic (ARN) and a bunch of other cross class skills.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luna Sidhe
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I attempted this 4 times as a level 44 BLM. (I've been too angry to go back to it since.) The last time, I ran up the side to take full aggro from the first set of adds, and cast Sleep whenever necessary. The NPCs still died, with me casting nothing but Physick on the "tank" over and over at the end, with the dragon's life at a sliver.

SO FRUSTRATING.

I guess my problem that last time was not tanking appropriately; I think AOE is what killed the last two NPCs standing. (THM is my first main class... I don't know how to tank, and honestly, that knowledge shouldn't be necessary as THM/BLM... right?!)

I probably won't come back to this until I have crazily overpowered gear. Massive complaint, indeed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gigivaka Jojovaka
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    It's all a matter of keeping the Archer NPC alive...which means babysitting him during the first Add phase. Swiftcast and Sleep are your friends here. Pick off the Wyrmhounds one by one until they're done and done. With both support NPCs up, it's much easier to keep Inquisitor Scale-butt off you. Also be sure to get onto the Wyvern and Wyrmhound As soon as they pop up. Sleep 'em, and move when needed while damaging the adds. By the time they're dead, your draconic pain-in-the-butt should be almost about ready to join 'em.

TL;DR - A single NPC can make all the difference.
    (0)

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast