Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Age Ofwar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I have managed to do this quest using ACN at lvl 40 with Titan-Egi. i found that only attacking mobs with actual levels help leaving any mobs with ?? on level to the NPC. took me a few atempts and in my final run I lost the CNJ NPC so i ended up having to take over healing the NPC and Titan-Egi.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vanidin Pickles
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 67
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewyen View Post
    I'm 0/2 on this as DRG. *snip* If any DPS classes have gotten through without spells, please share because up to this point, I've never had an issue with a quest and some guidance from successful runs would be a great help.
    My wife did this fight easily as drg,you do have several healing abilities at your disposal, life surge, blood thirst (I think that's the one that gives 25% of damage back as health over 15 seconds) and I think she had second wind also? and of course potions.

I personally did this fight as a 40 conj, it was very easy. Abuse your sleep to control adds and keep the npc's alive, it helps out sooo much if you don't lose the derp knight that runs up the hill and then jumps off to chase the adds.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Legacy Wolfwood
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    1st try lvl 39 whm... its not hard. and i dont have nukes and i didnt use sleep (which im sure would have made it so much more easier lol). pretty much ignore the main "boss" and take out their CNJ as fast as you can, then the DPS, then next spawn repeat. when wyvern spawns just ignore it considering it is invincible, just dodge his easy atks and repeat the current process. once its just the "boss" and the annoying flea, nuke the hell out of the boss and it will be over quick.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evandis Shieldheart
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    The secret to this fight is keeping the archer alive, Guillame drops fast even if you have to kite him, as long as the archer is doing damage.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Squishy Pants
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskaral View Post
    You cant use a chocobo in a duty, and summoners get a helpful pet black mages get nothing but long cast times and a rubbish defense
    Sleep is your friend
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Justina Suntail
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    this fight is giving me fits as pld too. i pull hate on the dragon then when i move to get the adds npcs get caught in the crossfire. am i really supposed to watch them fight and protect them from the adds? wtf?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rainiris Droptear
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I beaten this yesterday as WHM.

One of the generic named NPC's died in the process of mana regeneration, as after taking out the adds I ran out of MP. Guilliarme has a strong def, but I suspect he's the only one to not be left to die.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shini Sinclair
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 20
    I did this quest as 40 BLM with ease. Not trying to be a poser here, just giving and example, that it is doable. It's the right mix of kiting, sleeping, curing and timing your DD casts well, that gets it done.

You could practise this on a higher level mob before you engage the fight again.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sorka Moonseraph
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    You people cray cray. How do I stop Drillemont from being a Leeroy Jenkins? He ALWAYS stands where Guillaime does his super effective AOE circle attack thing. I'm a freakin MRD41 I spam my enmity increasing attacks till the wyvern shows up but as soon as I switch Guillaime turns around and beats on Drillemont again. And of course the healer NPC just HAS to stand in between the wyvern and Guillaime. Guillaime does not go down easy. I have level appropriate gear and everything. Can't figure this crap out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Big Spoon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 15
    Just finished this as a level 40 MRD. I failed it the first three times I tried it. I was getting frustrated until I saw someone say to keep the archer alive.....MAN WAS THAT GOOD ADVICE!!! I stuck to the Archer and kept him up and won with ease. Give that a go. It worked well for me.

Good Luck!
    (0)

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast