Character
    The Doctor
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90

Game Analysis (CURRENT) End Game

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...e6AVGg5FI/edit

made it on google doc due to current character limitation.

Game analysis based on current end game content - This is purely my opinion with a bit of thought process behind it. Please leave feedback but, I do not want to hear negative comments of “you are wrong” etc because this is my opinion based on what I have experienced.

Jobs
    -----------

Monk: I have not seen many around in endgame so there is little I can feedback on.
    Suggestion: ?

White Mage: I believe a lot of the game content and this might not sound so farfetch was heavily focused with the new SCH job in mind and not the actual White Mage job, therefore a lot of the White Mage archetype is overshadow by the SCH. The White Mage needs some tweaks, however I will say this SCH + WHM on eight man is a completely different story their synergy is perfect.

Suggestion: Presence of the Mind should not be a 300 second cooldown for the weak effect it gives it is hardly noticeable the spell itself it near to none useless right now to be honest. either the cooldown needs to go down or the effect need to drastically be vamped up. Shroud of Saints I will add two suggestions. 1) increase refresh potency to 100 will keeping the cooldown the same. 2) Reduce cooldown from 120 seconds to 60-90 to keep it relatively the same with the SCH mp management. lastly make Aero II instant cast but keep the recast timer the same.

Warrior: I think Warrior is in a very good spot right now such a good spot that they in most situations outshine the PLD (more on that later)

Suggestion: none

Paladin: There are so many things wrong with the current state of the Paladin quite frankly its pathetic. A Knight with a shield that has so much defense but, is pure paper thin when it comes to getting hit, I have nothing good to say about Paladin in this current stage of the game Warrior can do just about anything you can but better (minus niche fights - which should not be for a main TANK) -

Suggestion: mitigation rotation of skills - add HP recovery to skill - add actual defensive attribute skills and not just HP HP HP HP HP ….. HP does not = tank, it takes more than just HP you can have 8k but, if you are getting hit for most of it and cannot mitigate it properly you will not have a long life. Furthermore, that is another thing their skills cooldown are displaced and the cooldowns are not adjusted properly.

Dragoon: Good Job
    Suggestions: None

Bard: Make up your mind are we a DPS or are we a support/hybrid and if so why nerf our supporting capability and buff our dmg but still nerf our dmg when we try to support, please clearly define the Archetype of this Job already just like its AF is two sided this class is aswell divided.

Suggestions: Rework of the song system - not even rework just changes plain out the skill are fine.

Black Mage: Oh boy - If I see a BLM right now not properly gear I will just right out dodge a 4 man Amdapur Keep the current game design and mechanics do not allow breathing room for casting DPS - you gain much more DPS with Melee - the exception being the pet class SMN which has a lot of instant casts and a pet.

Suggestions: Increase dmg 1.5x - rework the infinite MP system - make freeze, freeze and not bind - there is so much that can be done for this Job but right now watch out for it folks you will not have a happy time with a BLM…..

Scholar: AMAZING! well done
    Suggestions: Nerf! Hahahah JK

Summoner: Not enough details
    Suggestions: ?

=====================================================================

Dungeons: WITH DUTY FINDER GROUPS IN MIND <~~ (important)

1-32: Very good job on the learning curve you can tell a lot of play testing was done on these dungeons.

Cutter’s Cry: The first boss, interesting mechanic crazy things have to be used in order to beat it because you get overrun too quickly maybe a bit too quickly. Last boss is just mostly fixing latency issues and response time of the bosses skills (more on this boss in the hard version later - RELIC)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    The Doctor
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    The Stone Vigil: WOW SE that last boss was quite challenging and a good way to introduce mid transitioning into late game I like this dungeon.

Darkhold: not enough information

The Aurum Vale: The final boss is intensive as WHM - if I had the suggestions I place it would be just at the right scaling for the difficulty and the give or take gear players have at this point.

The Wanderer’s Palace: Crafting drop rate of items needs to be adjusted, overall well done on the balancing.

Amdapor Keep: *Sigh* - please do further testing on this dungeon …… the gear you need for it and the gear that is currently been farm to do it just make no sense the difficulty is set quite hard - 4 out of 5 times grouping from duty finder you will lose - get a BLM and you are more than likely going to wipe.

Castrum Merdianum: WOW - AWE INSPIRING - AMAZING - 5 STARS!

The Praetorium: 5 stars amazing!

Guldhests: Increase EXP values on the higher level ones after the first time bonus is complete 35-40.

The Bowl of Embers (Hard): just the right difficulty

Garuda (Hard): medium difficulty

Titan (Hard): don’t bring a BLM…….. that is all I am saying

Coil of Bahamut: hmm ----------------- I have BEEF with you Square Enix I know you set the cap to 300 a week in order to keep the pace of the content so that we do not devour it but a lot of these places are quite difficult and only the elite can even beat them setting the mythology cap at 300 per week is just plain out bad choice. It is no wonder there was a statement been said this dungeon will not get beaten in a month it is because most of our gears we cannot obtain until a month has past because of that ridiculously 300 coin limitation per week. IF the player has the time to do these difficulty dungeons why limit them any further they still have to beat the content and its quite difficult to do so. Limiting them because you do not want the content to be completed before the set day of new content gets added is out right a slap in the face for us hardcore players.

RELIC
    ----------

- I love the difficulty of obtaining the base, the Dhorme Chimera has several issues that need to be fixed but overall its quite difficult.

- Relic +1 while difficult it is not possible to obtain unless you get x3 300 points worth of an item with the cap been 300 per week which again irritates me to a whole new level.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enitzu Zen'yr
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Have you even played a PLD? You speak of their basically bad cooldowns yet during any boss fight I can almost always have a cooldown running. Granted some are better then others and some do have longer cd's then I'd like but all in all their cd's are pretty decent.

Not exactly sure what you mean by "has so much defense but is paper thin". Side by side with a pug warrior in fates yesterday, same level and all, he couldn't hold threat from me (provoke can't be used in fates so not even a counterpoint), he had over 150hp less then I did, and when he was tanking his health dropped like a rock from the empire state building. You seem to be very gung ho over warrior and I'm not knocking it at all I enjoy both tanks in ARR but to say that warrior outshines PLD is blatantly false. They do more damage thats about it.

Difference between warrior and paladin .... the person behind the screen's ability to play it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taja Shin
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor- View Post
    IF the player has the time to do these difficulty dungeons why limit them any further they still have to beat the content and its quite difficult to do so. Limiting them because you do not want the content to be completed before the set day of new content gets added is out right a slap in the face for us hardcore players.
    Weekly currency caps are put into place so you can reach the cap and then do other things with your time. If you give players the ability to grind endlessly for tokens, they will, because nobody wants to be left behind or feel like they're slacking off and letting the rest of their Free Company down.

Weekly caps allow everyone to hit their cap for the week and then do other things in the game without feeling like they're slacking or wasting time that they could be spending grinding more tokens.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kanzer Vardel
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Yeah honestly I don't mind the token cap. I don't like feeling like I need to rush to feel competitive. That being said, I'm glad to see that there is some sort of gear check for Bahamuts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mud Ulunn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    What day of the week does the weekly cap reset?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kyzr Aegis
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariyn View Post
    *snip*
    I think you misunderstand how provoke works. It essentially matches the #1 threat +"some". It also most definitely works in FATEs. It's honestly just a required skill for tanking.

Also, for raiding, there's a false equivalency between WAR and PLD. They're not the same, PLD is quite a bit more reliable. It's not to say that WAR isn't capable, but healers, especially new ones, will prefer PLDs. This commonly transitions into end-game as well, regardless of merit.
    (0)