Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Ysolde Shahrizai
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    The custom points are pretty much meaningless at level 50 with decent gear. It's almost as pointless as racial stats.

In fact PIE seems the best compromise in that it helps both classes just cast more spells.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Taja Shin
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by sosowie View Post
    It just seems to me that this whole idea to make an Arcanist "choose" is poorly thought out for those who want to main Scholar.
    If you dump everything into MND, you'll be "gimping" yourself pre-30, before you unlock Scholar.
    If you dump first 30 levels worth of stat points into INT because it benefits Arcanist, you can't max out MND as Scholar.

Proposed solution: Give Arcanist Cleric Stance as well. SE, please consider this.
    The unintended consequence: 100% of arcanists will put all of their points into MND, and use Cleric Stance in order to get the +10% damage bonus on top of it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aver Roahn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ExquisiteCorpse View Post
    Way to add absolutly NOTHING to the conversation. Why even bother to post if you have nothing creative to say? The guy was just asking for some basic imput.
    Have you no reading comprehension? It's his choice, I'm playing through the class right now, and I'll tell you the stat difference will only make a difference if you're REALLY trying to min/max.

Once again, it's not the mountain people make it out to be.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kai Ulric
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I think this is why SE made it possible for us to have more than one character per server without having to pay extra per character. I have two characters for this very reason... I think they want people to make a clear choice and either go one way or another. So either be a SCH and go MND or be a SMN and got INT. Also re-allotting your point (from what I have heard) is buying an item from your Grand Company with seals... so it's not hard if you don't mind wasting seals. But then you'd have to do that every time you want to re-allot.

I am going pure INT on my one character and going main SMN, then going pure MND on my other character and going main SCH. Doing this is a little more work, but then I can be the best at both jobs without having to sacrifice stats. Seeing every class is going to switch into two jobs, I think it is going to come down to either focusing on one or having two characters, but that is just my opinion.

I hope you get it all figured out. Good luck~!
    (1)
    I'm just a bun boy, doing bun boy things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2