Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Rekuja Azalon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Deal with it, just like Oceanic players have for 10+ years of western mmos.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Miza Khornewell
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I love this game to death, and i enjoy the people i met along the way, some of which i raid with. I love raiding, i love challenges, but one think i do not tolerate are the lagspikes that Europe gets towards the Canadian servers.
    When i'm wiping for 4+ hours on Titan, Turn 1 or Turn 2 of Bahamut's Coil and i die to a 5+ second standstill lagpsike that everyone gets its unforgivable. It makes people angry, anxious even desperate and with no will to keep trying. Literal game freezes are not explained by the sheer latency, there is soomething seriously wrong with the way the dungeon servers are connected to us.
    Needless to say ( and again as a person that loves this game and wants it to succeed ) that if you want this game to stay alive and keep being fresh to people, you need to deliver a decent endgame experience, not the lagfest that us, EU players, currently get.
    We need European servers for the game to not die in our continent, it's just unnecessarely frustrating to play like this.
    There are people quitting the game because of this already, at least on my FC, which makes me both sad to see them go and disappointed because they quit due to such a trivial yet essential thing.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Rebel Soul
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Have to admit the lag im experiencing is quite bad, atleast here in Finland. As iCareeh mentioned, the dungeon lag spikes are really frustrating and can ruin the run. That doesnt happen for me too often though, gladly.
    The thing that annoys me the most is that everybody else moves in a back and forth motion due to the high ping. It is rather ridiculously looking when riding from fates to another in a group.
    Feels like my companion in this game is a high ping instead of other players.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lona Shiri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    Damn frogs! J/K I love French fries =)
    TOO bad French Fries are not French, LOL
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bunny Boo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I get these lag spikes too(i am eu). Aoe lag is fustrating but you can at least try to take measures against it(play more mobile class, sacrifice hps/dps to keep moving) however there is nothing you can do againsnt lagspikes. They will just screw you over when they happen.

Endgame is unplayable when these lag spikes happen (generally during na primetime)
    (1)
    Last edited by sharazisspecial; 09-12-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Player
    Character
    Maetilorh Rhotwilfsyn
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Really? You're complaining about your Ping being in the 120s?...

I'm an Oceanic player and like all MMO's i have had to deal with a Ping of 240+. I'd be bloody happy with 120. Hell I'll trade ya mate!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bunny Boo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvari View Post

I'm an Oceanic player and like all MMO's i have had to deal with a Ping of 240+. I'd be bloody happy with 120. Hell I'll trade ya mate!
    It is the lag spikes that break endgame. Not the smaller window of opportunity to get out of red circle. Because like i said, you can compensate around red circle delays but you can do absolutely nothing for prepare or compensate for lag spikes in serious endgame.
    (1)
    Last edited by sharazisspecial; 09-12-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kraun Moonacre
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvari View Post

Oceanic player (Australians and Zealanders) are such a margin playerbase in MMO's compared to NA and/or Europe, that i doubt you'll ever see oceanic servers (there are few games that have those, funnily enough)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Saishu Miki
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 17

This is ridiculous

This is kind of disappointing, they could have told us this beforehand.

I made my character on an "EU" server because i thought it would be located in the EU and i would have an Excellent connection from the Netherlands without any lag issues.

If i knew the EU server was not actually in the EU, i would have made my character on a NA server as i feel Americans communicate easier and there are no French, German and other languages tainting the chat.

I guess i know what my first server transfer will be..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Juriel Aegis
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    This subject has been submited many times already. So, for those that have missed the info, here is a little explanation.

Two factors are involved concerning the in game micro-freezes issue :
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast