Player
    Character
    Dearche Claudia
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90

Quest re-living

I know going through quests is an often unpopular idea here, but I for one love them. Despite this though, there was one thing that I've never done due to the requirements: replaying my favorite quests.

For me it's mostly the Hildibrand series, some of the postmoogle quests, job quests, and a few other random quests that I'd love to relive, but don't have the time or dedication to level a brand new character just to do this. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to experience Hildibrand's antics a second time, and more than just what we get through the cutscene viewer.

I would love to have the ability to play through any already completed quest from start to completion. Maybe change the journal at the inn, or create a housing item that alters the quest flags to allow you to retake the quest without any rewards? It doesn't even have to be instanced or anything. Just create a new flag or alter the existing flag to activate the original quest markers, and to not give you the original quest rewards, since the act of playing through the content itself is the reward this time.

How do others feel about something like this? I would certainly spend dozens of hours going through my favorite quests a second time, and it would in theory cost the devs very little time to implement.
    (6)

Character
    Kai Magnus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I'dove to be able to Echo into some of the older instanced trials like The Siren Fight, The Final Dragoon battle (lvl 50), and the battle in Halatali to free Raubahn.

That way we could try them (maybe even the job quests) with diffrent jobs and maybe even amp up the difficulty so we can rum them unsynched.

While I don't think Gil or EXP should be rewarded maybe there could be Titles, Achievments, or Minions associated with them.

Come to think of it, That'd be a good idea for a "Boss Rush" mini game in the Gold Saucer.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    I'd love a feature like this. Not that meaningful for some of the simple one-off sidequests perhaps, but for MSQ, class and job quests, and some of the special sidestories (like Hildebrand, etc.) it'd be great.

Hmm... The only interface complication I can foresee is that, since these significant quests come in chains, I'd want some indicator of which one comes next. When doing it initially, that wasn't really an issue since the next quest was the only one available there. But when re-running them, I'd expect to be able to pick up from any point in the chain (mainly due to long things like the MSQ whose chain spans the entire game). That might mean a whole bunch of available quests at the same place, and I'd want something to indicate which comes next in my current reiteration.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dearche Claudia
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Eh, that's not hard to deal with. If you can enable a quest initially via an interface like the completed quest window, then when you complete the quest, the completion window could show a list of quests that are normally unlocked by completing that quest, with tickers to pick which ones you want to activate.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doranaux Wavemet
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Just wanted to throw in my support for this. There are many quests I would like to experience again, but seeing as how FFXIV is an alt lite MMO I haven't been able. Though I would love if this feature included being able to do the quest again for rewards (at least exp) on a different job class. Questing to level up as always been a favorite for me, it would be nice not having to ration the quests out between jobs.
    (0)
    A true paladin... will sheathe his sword.

Player
    Character
    Sesile Kokoro
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    They should just make guildhests that let you rerun these old trials. Guildhests have gotten no love since launch. Would be fun way to bring them back.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Saikhan Embergaze
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    This is something I've wanted as a way of leveling new classes/jobs. Redo old quests as well as dungeoneer and FATE grind. If they want to reduce the xp earned from quests to make the other two alt class leveling methods more attractive then that's fine, but it would be a welcome change of pace.

The lore explanation could well be us using Echo to relive past events without being able to change the outcome (which is how Echo works anyway).
    (0)