Player
    Character
    Gotern Xll
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 40

FFXIV & card Game

WE ALL remember the card game from FF8 i loved it and it was awesome spent hours on my PS2 to get best cards and play more...

It would be awesome if it would be here but lets be real it's not
    BUT who would like it IF it would be here ?

Walking about and right click a player for a card game, people would sell rare cards and others would maby duel for gill ect omg so epic haha
    (23)
    Last edited by Gotern; 08-30-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Player
    Character
    Crossbreed Priscilla
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    YES!!! FF8 CARD GAME WAS AMAZING, simple yet fun. Hopefully they will look at alot of the mini game features that had existed throughout the FF series, it would really offer a different kind of spin to a MMORPG. Promote player interaction thats not monster fighting related.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    J'wahaii Rhiki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I would love to see this, but not Triple Triad though. I think it is a bit too simple for FFXIV.
    But maybe a slightly changed version with much more cards...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valken Sthalblaet
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 22
    Quote Originally Posted by p3king View Post
    I would love to see this, but not Triple Triad though. I think it is a bit too simple for FFXIV.
    But maybe a slightly changed version with much more cards...
    the simplicity was why i liked it :-/ and i would LOVE this, being able to right click like you said and ask to play a card game like dueling works in other mmo's would be sweet.

I even had the idea of maybe after reaching a certain level you could get a one time "character card" (everyone would just get the same amount of points to distribute how they wish to top, bottom, left and right) of yourself that you could then use or maybe if you make a very good friend you could trade your cards.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Larek Darkholme
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Even if I kinda agree with the idea, I already feel overwhelmed with everything I have to do in game...

(0)

Larek Darkholme @ Ragnarok

Player
    Character
    Gotern Xll
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 40
    i see your point, but trust me LOADS of people would have time for just those 2-5 minutes of game play with cards.
    like above its said, simple and fun..not a lot of mmos have features like this
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Asny Rak'nys
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Could be a nice distraction. Though I would prefer an outside the game FF CCG - similar to hearthstone. Preferably on as many systems as possible(win, mac, linux, ps3, android, ios etc...)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gota Zhwan
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 37
    Quote Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
    Could be a nice distraction. Though I would prefer an outside the game FF CCG - similar to hearthstone. Preferably on as many systems as possible(win, mac, linux, ps3, android, ios etc...)
    I would agree with a card game similar to hearthstone or even magic. While it would use less resources to add a card system that was already designed in a previous final fantasy game, hearthstone showed me how much it added to the WoW brand with beautifully animated backgrounds, spell effects, and voice overs for every card in the game. This adds a lot to immersion.

Comparing the older card games from other final fantasy games to the newer systems of the WoW or maybe Magic TCG, I feel that they won't hold a candle to the new generation of card games. If they attempted to revamp triple triad to compete for example, then it would perhaps require a total rule makeover and would only resemble the old triple triad.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Keagian Lowell
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Collectors would go nuts over this, and I can see a card tournament event go on for this as well. Gives players more things to do other then kill x or collect y and turn them in. The quest to collect every character shall begin.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Mikasa Ackerrmann
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 35
    Ahhhh, yes! I remember FFXI had one which was called "Tetra Master". I hope we can get it back for this game... I remember hearing from the developers though that they're thinking about putting it as another game along with FFXIV.

Also, it was part of the playonline service from Square-Enix. Man, I seriously hope they can put this in the game with the PlayOnline feature back again so they can put these other games in their service.

Please Square!

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/PlayOnline
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Tetra_Master
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast