Character
    Yukon Jack
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Level Gap XP Bonus, where is it?

Hello all -

I had read here, and when I started the game that there was an XP bonus for having a higher level character, and leveling a lower one. Is this something we have to activate or complete a quest for? Is it already included in my XP from mob kills? I just dont see it anywhere. Any advice or info greatly appreciated!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    It's included in your XP from mob kills, yes. It doesn't shows too overtly, but you will notice that every mob you kill has a "(+50%)" after it's exp, that 50% bonus is from the armory bonus
    (0)

Player
    Character
    High Quality
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Skies View Post
    It's included in your XP from mob kills, yes. It doesn't shows too overtly, but you will notice that every mob you kill has a "(+50%)" after it's exp, that 50% bonus is from the armory bonus
    I don't think this is entirely accurate. The higher the difference between your highest level character and the one you're leveling depends on the bonus. So maybe it's 50% for a certain level difference. But it could be more or less. I don't know the min/max of it though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Shock View Post
    I don't think this is entirely accurate. The higher the difference between your highest level character and the one you're leveling depends on the bonus. So maybe it's 50% for a certain level difference. But it could be more or less. I don't know the min/max of it though.
    I THINK it's +50% regardless? But I could be wrong, I have 3 L50s already so I can't know the difference otherwise
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eldaru Ahn
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Skies View Post
    I THINK it's +50% regardless? But I could be wrong, I have 3 L50s already so I can't know the difference otherwise
    According to the text in-game, the bonus changes depending on the difference between your highest class and your current class. The game even tells you to keep this in mind when deciding on the right time to level multiple classes.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    High Quality
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldaru View Post
    According to the text in-game, the bonus changes depending on the difference between your highest class and your current class. The game even tells you to keep this in mind when deciding on the right time to level multiple classes.
    This ^ Exactly what I meant earlier
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zaine Matzer
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Let me make sure I understand this correctly...

If you have one high level job (say Lv.50), you get a +50% EXP bonus to every remaining job that needs to be leveled?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sarconia Thilinora
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    only combat classes and its only to kills/fates quests and leves are not effected.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Komisho Karinatanai
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 33
    Since no one else has addressed this... It's not a higher level character giving a bonus to a lower level character, it's if you're on the same character with a high level class leveling a low level class. Separate characters do not give each other bonuses.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Forra Descren
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Komisho View Post
    Since no one else has addressed this... It's not a higher level character giving a bonus to a lower level character, it's if you're on the same character with a high level class leveling a low level class. Separate characters do not give each other bonuses.
    Right, I was about to say it seemed like that was being overlooked rather.

So if you have say.. a level 50 Miqo'te, and start a Hyur, that level 1 Hyur won't be getting a bonus on account of you're having a level 50 Miqo'te.

What will happen however, is that Miqo'te would get an experience bonus should it subsequently take up a Discipline it hasn't done anything in yet - a bonus that will shrink as the difference between that Discipline's level, and its level 50 discipline, shrinks.
    (0)
    Roleplay Profile: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=961&pid=15275#pid15275

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast