Player
    Character
    Bam Sully
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Can I have my hamlet seals back please?

They say that our relic quest progress has been saved, but the hamlet step was a huge pre-requirement for the relic that took a long time for some people (over 300 hamlet runs in total for me). Now they have removed the hamlet seal step entirely and not refunded our seals which I think is ridiculously unfair, especially considering that they can now be traded for 100 tomestones each.

They even made the double melding part considerably easier. The double melded Alkalurops I used back in version 1 sold for upwards of 10 mil at the time (and that was one of the cheaper ones) and is still a good weapon now, I would much rather just get my items back and have to start relic from scratch.

Is there anything I'm missing here? Info I don't know about getting refunded for all those hamlet runs? If not, then I don't know why more people aren't making noise about this.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    I do not think they can do this, or where will it end? We would have to be compensated for all changes between 1.2 and now. Other similar arguments are of course:

-- I triple melded my glove, I lost 20 of them. Now you can do it with no risk. I want my 20 gloves back.
    -- I paid 25,000 seals to get my Grand Company weapon. Now they are 7500 seals. I want refund.
    -- I had to do Caravan quests like crazy to earn seals, now it's sooo easy. I should be compensated for all that time saving up.

But then again, it works both way:

-- I was able to mass produce Materia, now it takes more time and is harder, therefore I should return most of the money I made from selling material.
    -- I was able to get PLed quickly to get my jobs up to 45. I should be de-leveled and only level up in the new system.

Somedays, you just have to take your losses. (Hey, I'm stuck with an ill-equipped THM because half my gear has been re-classified as DoW only!!)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Artemis Fall
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    I agree about the seals part, traded mine in shortly before the servers went down ... and now I get nothing back for that because they just decided to take out Hamlet. So much time wasted for nothing and then in ARR they basically tell you "trolled".
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bam Sully
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiaine View Post
    I do not think they can do this, or where will it end? We would have to be compensated for all changes between 1.2 and now. Other similar arguments are of course:

-- I triple melded my glove, I lost 20 of them. Now you can do it with no risk. I want my 20 gloves back.
    -- I paid 25,000 seals to get my Grand Company weapon. Now they are 7500 seals. I want refund.
    -- I had to do Caravan quests like crazy to earn seals, now it's sooo easy. I should be compensated for all that time saving up.

Somedays, you just have to take your losses. (Hey, I'm stuck with an ill-equipped THM because half my gear has been re-classified as DoW only!!)
    No, like many others I spent over 200 hours to get my seals from hamlet, your examples don't even come close to touching that. Some people didn't hand in their 9 seals for the quest and they have a ton of tomestones for it now, I got literally one step further and have nothing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Korgen Jurai
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 31
    You chose to put in that much time. This is NOT 1.0 so don't complain over what you did in 1.0 and that it doesn't matter now. Nobody cares.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Taal Kheru
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    I agree with OP, this is some real bologna and SE shafted us.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bam Sully
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgen View Post
    You chose to put in that much time. This is NOT 1.0 so don't complain over what you did in 1.0 and that it doesn't matter now. Nobody cares.
    Actually everyone that got screwed over cares, and there's a decent amount of us. They specifically said in articles, in interviews and in letters from the producer that our relic quest progress would be saved, so we kept on going, we continued paying for the game and supported the development of the game you are enjoying right now. Our relic quest progress has not been saved, they straight up removed the steps entirely, we were lied to after spending hundreds of hours on it and they don't even give us back our seals to trade from tomestones.

You have no idea what you're talking about and your input to this thread has been minimal at best.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vel Bradford
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgen View Post
    It was stated by SE that the work put in for the relics would be retained and that the progress players put in would still count. This did not actually happen. If you already had your relic, you still do, but if you were somewhere in the middle, with one of the (then RIDICULOUSLY expensive) custom class weapons not yet upgraded, speed running for alumina salts and miser's mythril, or you've already handed your hamlet seals in, you are essentially starting the relic quest over from scratch. This is not including the many, many hours spent preparing for hamlets for a good chance at a seal drop and various other activities. Yes, this is essentially a new game, so the quest progression is different. No one is arguing that. The thing is, if we're promised our progress will be retained, it should be retained.
    (1)
    1.0 / 2.0 ALPHA & BETA Tester / Day 1 Player

My XIVPad:http://xivpads.com/?Vel-Bradford-Hyperion

Player
    Character
    Artamie Knights
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    I think an analogy would be useful for illustrating what happened here:

Person A worked a full week. Person B worked less than a full week. If they each got paid for their work it seems only reasonable that Person A would be paid a higher wage than Person B wouldn't it? In this case however Person B received less than the full week's pay but Person A received no wages for the work they did presumably because the boss decided the workload for an entire week was too intensive.

The people here are simply asking for equality in that the wages be paid not more icing on the cake contrary to what some people are thinking. This doesn't apply to me but I don't see why these people shouldn't be able to ask to be compensated.

tl;dr: some people got got their seals refunded while others did not because they put in more work so why this instead of either allowing everyone to be refunded or nobody at all?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leon Stormrage
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Sorry guys but the progress was retained. You don't need to do the hamlet step in 2.0 but this doesn't meens that you must be refunded with the seals. They promised to keep the progress in that quest and they did it. Is sad, I know but if you are at work and your boss decide that you are not going to do the X task anymore, you are not going to compliant about the time expended on it before... here is the same
    (0)